This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI issues

I'm trying to connect my Acer Aspire 6930 to my Panasonic Viera S30 (Model # TC-P42S30). My laptop detects the connection and says I have two monitors, but no matter how I adjust the display settings, I can't get anything to display on the TV, it says it has no signal. It's not the cable or the HDMI port on the TV, I tried using the cable and port the Xbox is hooked up to, and the Xbox is fine. I've tried every google search I can think of. Help?
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

what you need to do is look on the keyboard of the laptop for a function(FN) key to enable an external monitor/projector. On dell laptops it FN F8, on other its F4. Normally the button is marked with either a Monitor Image or the words 'CRT/LCD'.

I do not have an acer in front of me to double check what they exactly use.

Now if your running windows 7 all you need to do is hit the windows key and P, this will bring up a menu, select projector only and you should be all set.

Remember to turn of zooming on the TV if it supports that feature, otherwise the image will be zoomed in.
    Last edited by Daskinor; 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I'm running Vista, unfortunately. I tried the function key (F5), still nothing.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You have to press the FN key plus the function key. Also, remember to wait 15 seconds or so for the connection to negotiate and the display to come up.

Comment

I'm more familiar with XP and Win7, so..

Have you gone into the control panel and found the icon for the Display or the video? There should be an option somewhere, usually under Advanced, where there's a checkbox for "expand my desktop on this monitor". If that, in fact, is what you want to do.

Also, get the TV remote and be sure you're hitting the input button to cycle on to the HDMI input. With some LCD TV,s they may not take an HDMI output from a computer but may take a VGA or DVI output instead, which your laptop should have. I had a friend with a new RCA TV that would take the DVI/VGA output from a Mac Mini, but lose it upon restart. When we swapped the RCA with a Vizio TV, the signal was stable and he hasn't had any issues with it.

Comment

I have a windows 7 laptop and an hdtv that's a rear projection type...I'm curious as to how you are hooking up the laptop to begin with? I'd like to try that myself. Is it just an HDMI cable or usb or what?

I'm just not as familiar with this type of thing. I'm still working on getting wireless setups for an older IMac and a Linux box and trying to digitize video recorded on a super 8 vhs camera
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

According to the tv specs on amazon the native res. on the TV is 1920x1080. The Acer docs say that there are two laptop video types, one does 1920x1080 and the other does 1366x768. You may need to check with ACer, but it is possible that your laptop can't output at the res required by the TV.

Comment

Working...
              X