This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusal CPU usage..and other weird things

Tonight I have a weird thing to see if anybody can help. My task manager is showing max cpu usage, not getting any viruses..and have not visited any unusual sites lately. Also..computer will 'beep' like when you are holding down a letter on a keyboard and it is invalid or something (hard to describe sorry)..and then freeze for a few seconds before it will let me do anything. Shouldn't be the keyboard..because I don't see how that would freeze up the computer. Anybody have ANY clue what is going on? I am the only one who uses my computer, don't really do email (so no viruses via email)..and the only websites I've been on are the ones I normally visit. Which are.. here, fratching, heroescommunity, facebook (I don't click on any links there), and netflix.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I'm guessing task , manager = windows?

I'd suggest downloading & running Process Explorer from Sysinternals to see which process is hogging all that CPU then a quick Google before you stop it to double check its legit or just acting up.

For the keyboard, it may just be something as a crumb/bit of sticky fluff that's not letting a key release promptly. Try tipping it on its side & tapping in on the desk, then upside sown & give it a good shake
    Works on mine anyway
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

From the look of things, it was my mouse dying. I replaced the mouse and have had no further issues from the computer
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
      X