Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WoW issues>.< (or rather, it's the attack of the Real ID)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW issues>.< (or rather, it's the attack of the Real ID)

Sorry if this seems long to you guys, but anyways....

I have been having issues with adding some people on WoW via either Real ID, or BattleTags, although sporadically, some requests did go through (I still have no idea as to why some did, others didn't but that's neither here nor there)

A couple GM tickets later, I suddenly realize I am OVER the 100-friend limit, so it might not be a bug issue after all (it could be that too, idk). So earlier, on my paladin tank, I took to pruning my friends list, which I wish I didn't have to do in the first place (I mean, WoW is a SOCIAL game, is it not?)

My question is this: Is the 100-friend limit across the board, meaning ALL toons, or is it just on an individual-toon basis?

It looks like the 100 person limit is for Real ID, and it's across the board. There appears to be a separate limit on regular friends, that one is per toon and I think it's 50. So if you have someone as a friend on Real ID, then have them friended by individual names as well, you've got unnecessary duplication. If you're having to prune friend lists, then consider either removing Real IDs on some of people who are on your realm and friending individual toons instead. And Battle Tags are included in the Real ID friend limit, so anyone you have friended with a battle tag is counted toward that.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

To add, the battletag/RealID is tied to Battle.net, not the game account. The difference is important as you can have multiple game accounts tied to one Battle.net account.

Trimming the list is your only option I'm afraid. Best to start with the ones you rarely see online.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
      X