This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blas View Post
    Better than the breadsticks at Olive Garden?

Kid you not, took the bf there for the first, second, third time.....and one day, he actually asked me if they let you just call in to-go orders for breadsticks.
    Pat & Oscar's breadsticks > Olive Garden breadsticks

Comment

Quoth IamEmancipated View Post
      Alternate title: The Macaroni Masquerade

The first part of this takes place at my second stint as a chicken slinger.
      I'll admit, the first thing that popped into my head was an image of a poultry flinging trebuchet

Comment

I just remembered a story. When I worked for this place, we had a weekly scammer, too, and the managers couldn't or wouldn't do anything. The kid had worked there before I did and knew the system. His family would get chicken, then call and claim we gave them the wrong kind. This way, they would get a 2nd kind for free. Every week.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Best (baked) Mac & Cheese? Rocky & Carlo's. Made with long hollow noodles and enough cheese to make it almost as sticky as peanut butter ^_^ Good with either red gravy or roast beef gravy on it, too, or so I hear.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth IamEmancipated View Post
            Every two weeks the same woman would call up and tell us that we forgot her cornbread with the meal, and complain. We would do what we could, and put her name in the book. All according to LAST protocol. (Listen, Apologize, Satisfy, Thank) She would invariably send someone to pick up her cornbread a week later, usually the same guy every time. It got to the point where we knew them both on sight.
            I would have been tempted to leave her cornbread out on purpose since she always called in to get the "missing" cornbread.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

WTF is cornbread?!?!?!
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                WTF is cornbread?!?!?!
                Are you serious??? Oh wait, I see you're Australian.

Well basically, cornbread is the best thing ever on this PLANET !!!!! It's cornmeal, with eggs, flour, milk, a little bit of sugar, and oil (in precise measures). It's baked like bread, but it's not as dense, and oh so sweet! Perfect with soup, chili, or just about anything else you can think of!!!!!!!

Does that help?

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  WTF is cornbread?!?!?!
                  Cornbread is a US Southern delicacy. I like the hushpuppy version best.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                    Quoth fireheart : WTF is cornbread?!?!?!

Are you serious??? Oh wait, I see you're Australian.

Well basically, cornbread is the best thing ever on this PLANET !!!!! It's cornmeal, with eggs, flour, milk, a little bit of sugar, and oil (in precise measures). It's baked like bread, but it's not as dense, and oh so sweet! Perfect with soup, chili, or just about anything else you can think of!!!!!!!
                    Would it be considered fratching to set off a cornbread debate? My friend from TN contends that the best cornbread is bone dry (like his granny made) -- I (yankee heathen, raised on Jiffy mix kind because my mom cannot cook) prefer the moist and sweet kind, like Boston Market has. Where do the Carolinas stand on this important issue??
                    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                      Would it be considered fratching to set off a cornbread debate? My friend from TN contends that the best cornbread is bone dry (like his granny made) -- I (yankee heathen, raised on Jiffy mix kind because my mom cannot cook) prefer the moist and sweet kind, like Boston Market has. Where do the Carolinas stand on this important issue??
                      As long as we keep things polite and civil, I think a cornbread debate would be just fine.
                      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                        Bleh. Why would anyone want to eat sawdust?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          Bleh. Why would anyone want to eat sawdust?

No idea, unless it makes a better delivery system for tasty toppings. As a damnyankee, I know nothing of these things I've had chili on top of cornbread at a local eatery, and I think they used the drier form, rather than the sweet (Cincinnati chili - that's a different debate
                          Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                          At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Where do the Carolinas stand on this important issue??
                            Well, I'm a South Carolinian, and I do not like sugar in my cornbread at all. I prefer to make what's called "cracking bread" where you put in pieces of pork skin or "crackings". It is soooo good! Sometimes I like to put in a small can of creamed corn too, which makes it nice and moist.

Comment

I am late coming into this, but the breadsticks......GFS (Gordon Food Service-no fee to shop) has good ones. They are frozen, about 24 or so to a bag for around $4. Thaw them, brush with Whirl (liquid butter) and add a mix of garlic salt and powder to the tops. Bake and eat, at your convenience!

Delicious!

Comment

My mom always makes dry cornbread. I'm not a big fan of the dry stuff, I have to have a huge glass of milk with it. This restaurant's cornbread is the sweetest, moistest I've ever had. MMM! You can also make it with spicy flavor (Mexican cornbread is pretty good) and simply without any flavor beside the cornmeal.

Apparently scammers are pretty common amongst the chicken slinging crowd. I don't feel so bad now. I wish we could have left it out, but I can't imagine how much that woman would escalate if she had a legitimate complaint!

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                                I'll admit, the first thing that popped into my head was an image of a poultry flinging trebuchet
                                So called because I liked to pretend I could fling chicken at people's heads when I was mad. Everyone has an outlet

Comment

Working...
                                X