Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what? A shopping cart is also a battering ram!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what? A shopping cart is also a battering ram!

I went shopping at Publix yesterday, and while I was at the yogurt section, this old bag literally tried to run me over with her cart, bumping into my side, because she needed to get some yogurt while I was still getting what I needed. No apology, no "pardon me", nothing. Even after I gave her a mean look, she continued on her way as if nothing happened.

I'd hate to be the one in her parking spot, or be walking in front of her car while she's at a stop sign.

did you make sure to call the cops and call it hit and run? you have the tape to prove it

Comment

And, apparently where I work, they're also trash cans!
      DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin’ round here!
      Nicholas Angel: Like who?
      DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
      Nicholas Angel: Who else?
      DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers’ mums.

Comment

I had a old lady not paying attention and hit me with her carrage once. I just happened to be holding a glass jar of tomato sauce that was back shop. No aplpogies, just "stockboy, your clumsy and dropped something. I hope you know to clean it up" and walked off. Bitch.

Comment

Quoth Eddie The 'Ead View Post
          And, apparently where I work, they're also trash cans!
          they're like that at my store too, and it's not like we hide the trashcans from them, they're right out in the open all over the store and at all of the registers.
          "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I was checking someone once that ran off in the middle of the transaction with some stuff scanned and the rest still in the cart. Can't remember why, I think they were trying to find the person with the money (two transactions). Anyway, the cart was directly in front of the belt and my bagging area was full of groceries, whilest I calmly waited for my customer to return. We weren't busy and I wasn't going to suspend the transaction and wait for a CSR if the customer was just going to be a minute.

A teenager comes rolling up and slams into the other customer's cart to push it out of the way. I mean, it was clearly not empty and was clearly where it would be expected to be in use. But this guy was playing bumper cars because he couldn't be bothered to ask if I was available or question why a mostly-full cart would be clearly taking up the register. After I politely explained that it would be a few minutes, he gave me a blank fish-eyed stare and then went to another register without even acknowledging me. Really irritated me, that.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

you're lucky you're a customer. If you were an employee she'd probably have accused you of hitting HER and demanded her groceries for free for the near fatal manslaughter attempt. But as a customer, you can scream and yell at her without fear

I love freedom
              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth trench2k View Post
                you're lucky you're a customer. If you were an employee she'd probably have accused you of hitting HER and demanded her groceries for free for the near fatal manslaughter attempt.

It happened to me before. A lady hit me with a cart in the back and complained to managment that I had tried to tip her cart over. The manager asked me about it later, because I NORMALLY don't go aorund tipping over carts.

Manager: A lady came up her and said 'that long haired white boy tried to tip my cart.' (Since i'm the only male in the store who's white and has long hair...)

Danjo: Yeah I tried to tip it over with my spine.

Didn't get in trouble but left me with a sore back and bitter rage for the rest of the day.

As for customers using carts as trashcans, I've found boxes of beer where they've dumped all the drinks into a cooler and left the box, Random fast food joint stuff they cleaned ou tof their car, dirty diapers, and one dead bird.
                "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

Comment

People like that never learn. They just go on slamming into things as if it's their right. Many of the folks who ride on those indoor golf cart things are worse. They're dangerous.

Between carts and motorized terror, I'm lucky I still have my feet.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

These types of things happen more frequently these days. There is a general decline in respect for the service industry on the whole. It doesn't matter which section you work in, you get the self righteous, I'm better than you dicks who expect you to bend over and lick their assholes, then get pissed when you say, no sir, it smells like shit and it's unhygenic. And it doesn't look to be getting any better, because they do this in front of their kids and teach them it's ok to walk all over certain types of people. It is a growing problem that we should all be concerned about.
                    Hello, I'm a Mac. My global domination plans are almost complete.

It's On Like Donkey Kong.

Comment

Quoth Machero View Post
                      <snip>
                      And it doesn't look to be getting any better, because they do this in front of their kids and teach them it's ok to walk all over certain types of people. It is a growing problem that we should all be concerned about.
                      thats why i attempt to be civil at all times. unless the CSR was rude first i'm not getting mad for them anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X