This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Stuffed Animal People

So someone buys a computer from us. It has some problems and needs to be fixed. They INSIST that they never want to see that computer again, and want a new one. My boss, with his withering spine, gives them a whole new computer. So when they get their new computer it doesn't work on their internet because they have to register the new MAC address with their ISP. They decide to phone us, and I have to walk them through the procedure. The conversation goes as such:

Sven: The guy I talked to first. I don't know who he was.
    Stella: The woman I'm supposed to talk to.
    Maria: Stella's daughter (?)

Sven: Hello *blah*'s butler. (They bought one of the cheapest systems we carry, and they have a butler?!)
    Me: ... *brain reboot* Hi this is *blah* from *blahblah*, may I speak to Stella?
    Sven: Haha, just a second.
    *sounds of phone being passed around*
    Stella: (Sounds like she is on a lot of painkillers, or very tired. Everything she says is strained.) Hello?
    Me: Hi this *blah* from *blahblah*. I'm calling to help you get your internet working.
    Stella: Oh, ok.
    *Now I try to help her get this working, but she is acting like it is a huge hassle and doesn't follow directions very well*
    Stella: Here, I'm going to put my daughter on.
    Maria: (She sounds OLDER than Stella) Hi.
    *I guide her through it, although she's almost as bad, and the call ends*

I relate this odd call to my coworker who actually set up the machine at their house, and she tells me a few things.

1. There are hundreds of stuffed animals NAILED to trees around their home.
    2. There is a guy living with them who is of unknown relation. Apparently he donated a kidney to someone's son, and is now living there?
    3. There is nothing wrong with the woman I talked to. Apparently she is just a stuck-up bitch.
    4. They don't have a butler.

I asked my coworker why she went into the house when she saw the stuffed animals, because I would have fucking ran screaming. I did not receive a satisfactory answer.

Those poor plushies!

Quick! We must create a rescue party! For the plushies!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Maybe they're evil teddy bears.

Quoth clowninasack View Post
      Sven: Hello *blah*'s butler. (They bought one of the cheapest systems we carry, and they have a butler?!).
      I'm not an expert, but I believe that's what they call a joke, mostly an inside joke since this guy was busting the womans balls for having to answer the her phone for her.

I usually go with "man servent" myself.
      Last edited by LifeCarnie; 04-18-2008, 09:59 PM.
      Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Better stuffed animals than real ones. Then you'd know the people were really crazy.

Unless they were stuffed real animals and then they'd just be hunting trophies and then you'd know they were hunters and not crazy at all. Probably.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          Better stuffed animals than real ones. Then you'd know the people were really crazy.

Unless they were stuffed real animals and then they'd just be hunting trophies and then you'd know they were hunters and not crazy at all. Probably.
          Wait!! Isn't there some story about psycho hunters that kidnap people or some such. Oh wait... I'm thinking of "Deliverance".

You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

So... um... did your coworker tell you what types of plushes were nailed to the trees?

Were they any particular type, or was it just whatever they could get their hands on?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

OMG, I can't believe that anyone could do that to a bunch of helpless stuffed critters!! My daughter has collected stuffed animals since she was very small, not that she's very big now, only older, but she treasures each and everyone. These people need more than therapy, looks like we need to make a new law!

Comment

stuffed animals nailed to trees??

I asked my coworker why she went into the house when she saw the stuffed animals, because I would have fucking ran screaming. I did not receive a satisfactory answer.
                what answer did she actually give you?
                "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Aramika View Post

Probably "uhm..."
                  Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

1. There are hundreds of stuffed animals NAILED to trees around their home.
                    2. There is a guy living with them who is of unknown relation. Apparently he donated a kidney to someone's son, and is now living there?
                    3. There is nothing wrong with the woman I talked to. Apparently she is just a stuck-up bitch.
                    4. They don't have a butler.

This is eerily familiar. Was this house in La Jolla on Mt. Soledad - A large hacienda house with a big pool overlooking the ocean? Did the house have a outdoor kitchen area for her boarders?

If so - very creepy. I know this place, the animals are just weird but no harm no foul. She said she was going for a Zoo effect, and it would have been cute except for the water damage and being dirty. Apparently she was semi-famous having written a Greek cuisine cookbook. I had looked at renting a room in that house, the price was right and the lady was nice, but I felt I would be on a death watch [She had severe problems and it looked like the end would not be easy]. At the time I wanted simplicity while in school.

Its a small world. Or, if not, then creepy more then one person nails stuffed animals everywhere.
                    Last edited by peoplesuck; 04-19-2008, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Quoth mntpython View Post
                      My daughter has collected stuffed animals since she was very small, not that she's very big now, only older, but she treasures each and everyone.
                      Hey, I'm going to be 29 in a few months and I still treasure my stuffed animals.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
                        I'm not an expert, but I believe that's what they call a joke, mostly an inside joke since this guy was busting the womans balls for having to answer the her phone for her.
                        Yeah, I figured that out afterwards. It threw my for a loop because I'd never talked to these people before.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Were they any particular type, or was it just whatever they could get their hands on?
                        AFAIK they were just whatever they could find.

Quoth Aramika View Post
                        "uhm..."

Quoth peoplesuck View Post
                        Was this house in La Jolla on Mt. Soledad - A large hacienda house with a big pool overlooking the ocean? Did the house have a outdoor kitchen area for her boarders?
                        Nope.

Comment

Was the house in Windham, on River Road?

Comment

Stuffed animals and pellet guns make wonderful marriages.
                            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Yeah, your coworker seems to lack the survival gene. He got lucky this time, but if he asks you to go check out the old abandoned summer camp, y'know the one that was the site of those horrible murders, I'd decline.

Because when the maniac comes after you, your coworker is going to be the one suggesting you split up and explore the place.
                              "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!"

Comment

Working...
                              X