This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
    I almost cheered out loud (at work!) when I saw an Argabarga post.
    RIGHT?!

I was just thinking last week that I was hoping Arga was okay. Some of the loonies he has to deal with worry me.

Comment

I thought of Argabarga when I arrived at a bank on the campus of Virginia Tech. I accidentally park in the wrong spot. I pulled my car in the correct lot as quickly as I could when I found out. I know Argabarga wouldn't tow me, but his buddies in Blacksburg would.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
        Ya'll should buy 2 GoPros and stick it to whatever Ruckus is driving. I'd watch that YouTube channel .
        It's not Arga and Co. but there's a youtube channel of a guy with a tow truck called RepoNut, he deals entirely in repossessions but you can see how some of the stuff Arga talks about works. (dollies etc.) and RepoNut has some sweet tech for tracking down the debtors.

Plus their reactions are always funny.

Comment

Welcome back Argabarga.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          "No, I don't trust you, you might steal those. I'm paying with credit card"

So, let me get this straight.... you refuse to pay our driver cash, tangible property that can only be possessed and used by us once...the instant you give it to us, on the grounds we might be crooks. But, you'll gladly give us your credit card, the numbers on which can, if we were to hypothetically do so, be used to buy virtually unlimited goods and services until your built-in limit is exceeded or someone at your bank notices while you may be states away blissfully unaware.... apparently THAT is perfectly fine and preferable as opposed to handing physical cash to, hypothetical crooks?
          Almost certainly she figures she can dispute the charge in the future. Spoilers: The credit card company will politely tell her that they can only intervene if she didn't sign/enter a PIN and that should be the end of it. I'm sure they get complaints all the time regarding tickets/fees that customers pay but want to bitch about.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          The season has finally finished turning around here, and the last of the snow piles have melted away. For those not aquainted with PA weather, this means we've officialy gone from "Still Winter" to "Construction"
          North of the border is just as bad. I'm actually at the point now where I dread using major roads because they'll almost certainly have reduced usage (theoretically at different times, in practice whenever I try to use it and the multiplier is in play if it's for a vacation) and reduced speeds for men in orange vests to fill up potholes and rebuild asphalt.
          Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

That story with Ruckus is awesome AND epic!

I love the title of it too.
            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

How do we KNOW IT'S TRUE? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Payback's a not-so-nice-lady, ain't it? $130! Per Borough Law Cha-Ching
              I sincerely hope this was the actual text of the conversation.

just seeing if you're paying attention, and why spellcheck didn't flag "bublitz"?
              I went to high school with a girl named Beckett Bublitz. No joke. Had forgotten all about her until that comment.

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post
                It's not Arga and Co. but there's a youtube channel of a guy with a tow truck called RepoNut, he deals entirely in repossessions but you can see how some of the stuff Arga talks about works. (dollies etc.) and RepoNut has some sweet tech for tracking down the debtors.
                Bold mine.

I have those installed in both of my trucks because reasons. Nice to have.
                "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Oh, I dunno... I thought the part where the guy sent the pennies was kinda funny.

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post

Plus their reactions are always funny.
                    Found him two weeks back and have thoroughly been enjoying the show . I think what we'd get out of Twitch would be far more amusing though!
                    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
                    And it's not what I wanted to be
                    The weight on me
                    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Working...
                    X