Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

As the only person in existance who hates Twilight and all the books in the series with a passion before only directed towards mushrooms and SCs.

My rant is below; if you are a fan of the book series, I would advise you to back out and not highlight the text rather than doing so and sending me nasty messages. O.o)

Bella is a horribly bland cliched Mary Sue and Edward is an equally cliched Gary Stu. The storyline is horribly contrived and he seems to bloody rescue her from her own stupidity every second! *eye roll*

Why oh why is the entire world obsessed with this series?!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I agree completely with you. I tried to give it a chance I really did...

Comment

Never heard of it.

No, seriously. I've never heard of this book series.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Never heard of it.

I envy you, in your blissful ignorance.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          Never heard of it.

My first thought was "what's Twilight?" so I looked them up on Amazon. Probably won't read the books, not my style, but I might go see the movie. While I'm not much into horror movies, I do like vampire flicks.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

No, you're not! I can't stand it, either. Maybe I'm not entirely qualified to direct such a level of hate towards this series as I do, but I've read enough excerpts and reviews, and seen the stupid movie trailer, to know that it's utter drivel. I hang around livejournal blogs and communities a lot, and I swear I can't go a single day without seeing some damn Twilight related icon.

Vampires that are:

Vegetarians (Who feed off of mountain lions, fyi )

Sparkly (Why, God, WHY?!)

Over a century old but attend the local high school (wtf?)

Have no personality.

And that's not even mentioning the Mary-Sue 'protagonist' that has been created. It's all just so . . . gah. I have no words. It kind of saddens and irritates me that people are so head over heels over something so mediocre, and I can't wait until the whole phase has passed and died a sad, humiliating death.

I'm currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. A real vamp story
            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I hate vampires. I hate teenagers.

So there is no way on God's green earth I will EVER read this series, unless every other book on the planet was vaporized.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

No argument here!
                ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Hm, I knew it was about vampires, but I didn't know they were TEENAGE vampires. I'm assuming that there's a lot of angst. Ooohhh, the angst.

*shudder*

No, thank you.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I just read the 10-Second Interview on Amazon.com about Twilight. Can you say "Gag me with a Rusty Spoon?" I thought so.

It looks like it would be incredibly boring. But I like how the Author credits The Book of Mormon as having the most significant impact on her life. (I was being sarcastic, by the way) I don't think that's what the interviewer was talking about. More like, what book had the most significant inpact on her writing life.

As for that last credit; why Card? He's not particularly good (and I know he's reading this somewhere). He wrote ONE decent book and the rest were dribble.

And I HATE how she would be left on a deserted island with my favourite CD. Make her go away!
                    Last edited by Evil Queen; 08-24-2008, 04:48 AM.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I honestly could rant for pages about the Mary Sue nonsense that is the Twilight series.

Not only is it ridiculous, but the character of Bella Swan is the epitome of what teenage girls should NOT want to be.

I get passionate about how much I hate this series. Almost as passionate as what I feel for Rick Warren but that's a whole different subject.

Blech.

Comment

Wait, wait wait. Hold the Phone.

...Her name is... Beautiful Swan?! (translated anyways)

LAME!

Comment

That is such an obvious Mary Sue name, that I just want to vomit all over her in disgust. -.-
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Never heard of the series myself.

But then I also never heard of Discworld until my grandmother gave me "Mort" this morning. Now I need the rest. Like....now, please. And the bookstore's closed today (I have over 80$ worth of credit for their used books and I have to use it up before I leave). Right when I was going to pick up all their Doctor Who books, too. Crud-buckets.
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've heard of it, but never read the series.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X