Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I stand alone...twilight-the book please tell me I'm not alone! (could have spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Broom, please don't kill me for my bad taste in TV.
    Wait, what? Is this because of my Yahoo screen name? DAMNIT. I just had this conversation with someone, that I was afraid people would mistake it for associated with this. I picked up that screen name years ago. It's based off a passage in the "Sword of Truth" series, when Kahlan talks about many of the races in the Midlands being considered "Twilight beings."

Also, I'd just lucked out and stumbled in to the thread now, next time, you might wanna point me at a thread you're talking to me in, if I've not posted in it.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

• Quoth snackbandit View Post
      Check this out, folks...

*hilarious Twitard cartoon*

it is especially lulzy
      Haha that is gold. XD

Here's a kicker; even Enid Blyton characters are more realistic than Twilight characters! I spend far too much time thinking about stuff.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
        Haha that is gold. XD

Here's a kicker; even Enid Blyton characters are more realistic than Twilight characters! I spend far too much time thinking about stuff.
        Hell, even Space Marines are more realistic, they may be genetically engineered giant super soldiers, but at least they don't sparkle!

Yes, that pretty much is my argument against Twilight, things not sparkling, then again, I don't really want to waste my time actually looking into the series.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

• I finally caved and bought the first book. So far I have to say that I'm (a) just a tad bit underwhelmed, and (b) bored out of my fucking skull.

Seriously, this book has cured insomnia. I read about five or six pages a night and I'm out like a broken light bulb.

I'm giving it until the end of the week to actually have *something happen* before I drop-kick the damn thing out the window.
          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• I really wanted to know what this is all about so I put it on hold at the library online. Yeah, if its as bad as everyone says I don't want to shell out money for it, or even drive to the library.

Comment

• Quoth Severen13 View Post
              I'm giving it until the end of the week to actually have *something happen* before I drop-kick the damn thing out the window.
              For greater lulz, do this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtyhVomOH0 Particularly if there are Twitards present.

Oh yeah, and read: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Twilight (NSFW!)
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• I just wiki'd the damned series and all I can say is :

::stands there, mouth agape, brows furrowed and her hands up in the air.::

Seriously, that's what the books are about?

OMG

Isabella "Bella" Swan.... That's the biggest Mary Sue name I've ever seen! And and.. she goes from being the 'weakest player and a pawn' to 'queen'.

That is.. omg.. it.. reeks of fanfiction ripoffs.

*I* have better books in the works and it just sucks because their working titles are now forever STAINED with the Twitard movement. (Yeah, the title for the first of the series was Twilight. Now I have to rename it.)
                "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

• Ugh, so in theory, I share a name with an extreme Mary Sue ACK!

*considers begging everyone I know to call me by my character name until this fad has blown over*
                  Quoth Thuringwethyl View Post
                  The guy I’m dating suggested the movie because he “knew I liked fantasy stuff and it’s about vampires.”
                  Apparently, in some TV universe or other, glittery vampires do exist. Can't remember the series someone mentioned though. My dad and I convinced one of our relatives that it's not worth seeing; her daughter had tried and failed, but we managed to do it. Not sure why.

Everyone in my GBRPG group hates Twilight as well for various reasons (Mary Sue-ness, lack of development, overall horrendous writing, etc). Heh, I think I just came up with a new scenario idea for the next session or so...two of the characters despise vampires of any type, so there we go
                  Last edited by Dreamstalker; 12-02-2008, 08:47 PM.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post

OMG

Isabella "Bella" Swan.... That's the biggest Mary Sue name I've ever seen!
                    Isn't that the truth. I have visions of Stephenie Meyer physically restraining herself from naming her heroine SparklePrincess Honeydew Glitterwing.
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• Quoth Severen13 View Post
                      Isn't that the truth. I have visions of Stephenie Meyer physically restraining herself from naming her heroine SparklePrincess Honeydew Glitterwing.
                      Gah! Don't give her any ideas!

Though I heard from a pretty reliable source that "The Host" was actually well written and had good plot. I wonder why that's not popular yet the Twilight book is?
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Its like.. the gods took all our mockering of that one horrible HP fanfic and decided to punish us by giving it life in the name of Twilight.

Seriously.

Wait.. NO!.. I think I just gave them another horrible idea to punish us with.
                        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

• Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                          Its like.. the gods took all our mockering of that one horrible HP fanfic and decided to punish us by giving it life in the name of Twilight.
                          This is so Bella if she was in Hogwarts.

http://piratemonkeysinc.com/ms1.htm
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

• You forgot Harry's girlfriend.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Im sure SM wrote the first story when she was 13 then just re-edited it when she was at BYU

I cant believe that someone with an English Lit degree could write that load of trollop! It smacks of the novel writing machines from 1984..... pick syrupy sweet lead female character name, pick cliche plot, pick quiet small town, pick impossibly perfect hero = twillight

your cullen me Stephanie.... your cullen me
                              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

• A very well-thought out and intelligent rant about exactly how much Twilight Epicly Sucks.

http://twilightsucks.proboards81.com...8&page=1#11943

Feel free to read through it if you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X