This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The brain burp that cost $300

My coworker was meant to change the petrol price. Instead of changing it to $1.55 a liter, he made it 15.5 cents. By the time he realised it the store had lost around $300.

He's offered to work for free on his days off for the next few months.

LoL! That's terrible!

There should be something that blocks the computers when someone accidentally puts in a price that couldn't POSSIBLY be correct.

...but I wish I was in your neighborhood during this boo-boo!
    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

Holy Crap! I understand that mistakes can be made, but there's no way people could have believed that price!
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Holy Crap! I understand that mistakes can be made, but there's no way people could have believed that price!
        He only realised it when a customer said "I was sure it would take more than $10".

yeah, it actually took around 10 times that!

Comment

*feels sick*

Wow.... Just wow....
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Theres a story like that in the news every couple of weeks.

Most recent, I can't recall if it was local or national (US, that is)--the person in charge of changing the price screwed up--and the station was out $3,000 US. The owner said she was glad she'd made people happier, but wished people had told the station instead of calling their friends to get the deal.

That said, gas has gone down under $3.00 US a gallon (at a few stations around here), it's absolutely surreal.
            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

2.91 on my way to work this morning.

Should we be afraid?

Comment

Ah, the dishonesty of the public.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

2.78 here and happiness abounds.

I never got that whole thing of calling your friends and not letting the station know. While I dig a great deal, there's just too much bad karma attached to that one.
                  Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

It's still around $3.40 here, but I live in southern California.

$3.40 is still an amazing price.
                    I work at Walgreens.

(I'm just tired of mentioning it every time I want to relate to a story. )

Comment

Gas prices are still around 3.70 here(as of last night). surprising since we usually have the lower gas prices in the nation.
                      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I paid $2.97 the other day. I filled my tank (well, a little over 3/4)for just over 30 bucks!
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Cheapest I've seen lately is 3.49 or so, and we're EXCITED because that dropped from our highest, which was around 4.30.

Comment

Cheapest I've seen near me was $3.29 US, and I was frikkin ecstatic that it was less than 50 to fill my tank. (actually ended up less than 40 bucks... I was very very happy)
                            Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Cheapest I've seen is 2.83!! I love it out here! Though we did screw up our fuel prices once. accidentally did 2.39 instead of 3.39. Let's just say the manager who did the price change that day was running back out there to fix it! And boy was he running.

Comment

Working...
                              X