Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about us Brits when complaining about fuel prices. Our current prices where I live are averaging at £1.08 a litre, which is £4.09 a gallon, which works out at $7.01 a gallon, according to Reuter's currency converter. I would love to pay US prices. I'm paying approx. £100 ($172) a month to get to & from work, with maybe 3 short personal trips a month
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

my roommate and I pay between $80 and $120CDN for gas every two to three weeks. Depending on how much driving we have to do, anyway. He owns a fairly efficient Saturn. Anyway... gas is at a dollar and six cents-point-four per litre. Works out to roughly $44CDN per tank. A tank of gas gets us to and from work for 5 days before needing refuelling.
      "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
      ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Gas prices drop just in time for the election... hmmmm...

Comment

Quoth TheSnakeLady View Post
          Gas prices drop just in time for the election... hmmmm...
          Reading my mind, Snake.
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            Think about us Brits when complaining about fuel prices.
            Isn't that the truth. Every time I see a high gas price around here, I groan, but then I always think; "This sucks, but it's way worse on the other side of the pond". No wonder public transportation is so big over there (and I wish we had a good system around here).
            Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

2.69 here O_O I'm vacationing in central KY

Comment

The at the station I used to work at the computer would give an extra prompt of "are you sure this is the right price" (paraphrasing of course :P) when the price went over or under a certain amount, though I can't remember what that amount was to save my life.
                “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth Iris Kojiro View Post
                  "This sucks, but it's way worse on the other side of the pond". No wonder public transportation is so big over there (and I wish we had a good system around here).
                  Keep in mind though that there are some European countries that can fit inside a medium-sized state with room to spare.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

it upsets me that people are thinking under 3$ is cheap. It's not cheap, it's cheapER. cheap is under 2$ a gallon

Comment

it's $3.79 where i live, $3.09 where i'm vacationing(50 miles south of Chicago)

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                        it upsets me that people are thinking under 3$ is cheap. It's not cheap
                        Yes it is, the current Australian prices equate to US$3.89 per gallon.

Comment

I'm the only person at work who never complained about gas prices. Of course my car gets 30+mpg and only has a 10 gallon tank. So even with gas at it's highest I could go all week on $30 worth of gas.

Comment

Here in Belgium (small European country, capital= Brussels)

1.04 euros for 1 litre (at my local gasstation)

1 gallon = 3.79 litres

€ 1.045= $1.31 (US)

so $4,96/gallon, is that a lot or not?

Comment

Quoth CorDarei View Post
                              it upsets me that people are thinking under 3$ is cheap. It's not cheap, it's cheapER. cheap is under 2$ a gallon

It is between $1.85 and $2.15 here in central Texas but then again the election is over so I figure it will explode higher soon.

Comment

Quoth mscrybaby View Post
                                It is between $1.85 and $2.15 here in central Texas but then again the election is over so I figure it will explode higher soon.
                                It's between $1.76 and $1.89 here.
                                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                                X