This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of an update:

<bg> Sally met Phil on Second Life. They were married on SL before they met in RL. Sally runs a club where I dj every Wednesday. </bg>

Last night, before my shift at the club, I see a notice go out to the club group. "Join us Friday as Phil and Sally renew their vows! Music to follow!" BLECH!

Then Phil shows up during my gig. There's a "Truth ball" at the club - you click on it, and it asks you a question, which you're expected to answer in local chat. Phil clicks the thing, and it asks him "When did you last have sex?" "About 4 hours ago." Blech again.

The sex must be really good. I just don't get it.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Second life is bizarre....

Comment

People are still using second life? I haven't played it in about 4 years.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Oh, yes. This past week was SL's 9th birthday party.

I consider it to be a glorified chat room, for the most part.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Well, it is a glorified chat room, for the most part.

I tried it a couple of times, but it just takes too much effort for too little return for me.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              Well, it is a glorified chat room, for the most part.

I tried it a couple of times, but it just takes too much effort for too little return for me.

^-.-^
              I actually have an account, but I find the interface too counterintuitive and kludgy for me [I couldn't figure out how the frell to actually dress myself for Ghu's sake. *sigh*] so I have perhaps all of 2 hours play time in 9 years.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

If it's the interface that's the issue, I could suggest the Phoenix Viewer. I like it much better than Viewer2.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                X