Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, the viewing figures. The one time I am happy that peoples' misfortunes are being taken advantage of.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth Kheldarson View Post
      And to go with the actual episode, here's the episode of them on Dr. Phil:
      Huh. They conducted themselves pretty well, honestly. She didn't interrupt and was quite polite. They only got a little hot-headed a couple times.

She presented herself as pretty likeable, actually.

Damn, I hate mixed feelings!

ETA: I will say that from the beginning, even when I was fully cheering against them, I felt that the threats they were receiving were just ridiculous. They don't deserve death threats no matter what they do. I realize that most of the people were hiding behind their computers saying this stuff, though, and probably didn't mean it. But still...
      Last edited by Lachrymose; 04-27-2014, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• Found this over on The Consumerist...

http://consumerist.com/2014/06/26/pu...-wont-save-it/

Basically putting your failing restaurant on this sort of show probably won't save it.

Although Amy's is one of the few that did survive, go figure...

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post

Although Amy's is one of the few that did survive, go figure...
          Controversy generates business apparently...although I'd imagine that most of those people are going there for the show rather than the food.

(Seriously, controversy generates higher ratings/business on ANYTHING because people are inherently more curious.)
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

• Quoth fireheart View Post
            Controversy generates business apparently...although I'd imagine that most of those people are going there for the show rather than the food.

(Seriously, controversy generates higher ratings/business on ANYTHING because people are inherently more curious. can't resist a train wreck)
            Fixed that for ya...

Comment

• Fireheart's right about that one...morbid curiosity.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                Hmm...It needs a catchy name...

Ramsax? Gordonol? Fuckitol*?

*with apologies to Robin Williams
                my Dr. prescribes me Fuckitols, they're called Norcos

Take one of those babies & *ahh* Fuckitol
                "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

• Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier (side note: why do I sense that these people would take that as a challenge?)

Sammy pulls a knife on a customer.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Two questions:

1) Why isn't Amy in jail over this?
                    2) Why hasn't Sammy been deported yet?

Amy's needs to be shut down before somebody gets hurt or poisoned...

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                      Now I'm picturing Chef screaming "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!" at Amy.
                      You're welcome.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        1) Why isn't Amy in jail over this?
                        2) Why hasn't Sammy been deported yet?
                        Good questions.

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        Amy's needs to be shut down before somebody gets hurt or poisoned...
                        Or killed, the both of them are fucking insane. They're no longer a freakshow to be laughed at but a health and public safety concern.
                        ......../\
                        ....../__\
                        ..../\...../\
                        ../__\../__\

Comment

• I am so glad I no longer live in that area.

I get the feeling some of my old friends in the Phoenix area would want to go to Amy's just to watch the freak show. Me, I'd rather go to Chompie's or some other nearby, better restaurant run by saner people.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• XC - I get the impression that a number of people, both local and otherwise, have done just that -- it's probably why Amy's is still in business.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• I'd go in and order the cheapest thing possible. Eat it? Heck no.

And just sit there for awhile.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth Tama View Post
                                I'd go in and order the cheapest thing possible. Eat it? Heck no.

And just sit there for awhile.
                                Like you have a choice. It'll be at least an hour before you get your food. And don't even try canceling the order. Samy will call the cops on you for not paying for food you didn't receive.
                                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                                X