This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth patiokitty View Post
    I never made it out of my baker's apprenticeship (the ridiculously early hours damn near killed me) but I can still bake circles around Amy in my shitty little home kitchen, using cheap pans and dollar store spatulas. And that cake that Amy claims is her's would never go over in a professional bakery - the layers are uneven, you can see the cake through the icing, and it's way too crumbly for a professionally presented cake. And it's set on a boring cardboard insert...she could at least have covered it with decorative foil if it was actually her cake, but we all know it isn't.
    Plus it apparently isn't even her cake in the first place, but another one she's borrowed the image of from another Blog.
    Last edited by iradney; 05-17-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm having flashbacks to when I watched the slow train wreck that was (and still is) Tila Tequila. Holy crap.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

• Quoth Eevie View Post
        Who wants to play a game and guess how long their restaurant lasts after the reopening?
        I'll be generous and give it three months.
        I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• I honestly think it will stay open. I read a blog suggesting that it was a money-laundering operation (on Samy's part at least) and that Amy was just too far gone to realize no one was really paying to eat her food, but to make a pretense of buying stuff to turn dirty money into clean.

(Why do you think no one else is allowed to run the POS but Samy?)

Well until the IRS audits them over the tip fiasco that is.

Comment

• Money laundering? Well...given that POS thing, yeah. But given how miserably the restaurant WILL be failing he'll have to find another way to do it.

This is the first change petition I actually signed my whole name and everything to (the tip thing) so let's hope they get enough for it.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Pfft. It's not a proper media circus until gets involved.[1] Although points to ABC for already having local media whore(s) lined up.

I think the epicness has been pretty small, considering how many people they *could* have piling on right now. Let's see, how many people watch KN in the first place then add all the people watching it since hearing about the first airing, plus all the people who read all the news and websites now covering it... Just the tip of the epic iceberg, unless something else happens to draw the fickle crowds away

Waiting..... enjoying the schadenfreude

[1] trying to avoid any fratching; mentally insert name of your fave nationally-known media whore.
              Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
              At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                I(Why do you think no one else is allowed to run the POS but Samy?)
                I'm working on it, Pepper. I just prepped and sent a 3949A about this nonsense. I get the sense that Samy doesn't know that tips are taxable. Did he pay on his? And did he actually file 100+ W-2's? Where were those tips reported? On the servers or his? As a certain TV icon would say: He'll have some 'spaining to do!
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  I honestly think it will stay open. I read a blog suggesting that it was a money-laundering operation (on Samy's part at least) and that Amy was just too far gone to realize no one was really paying to eat her food, but to make a pretense of buying stuff to turn dirty money into clean.

(Why do you think no one else is allowed to run the POS but Samy?)

This is the first I've heard of the money laundering thing, it does make sense why he would insist that he's the only one capable of running the place.
                  ......../\
                  ....../__\
                  ..../\...../\
                  ../__\../__\

Comment

• Well the money-laundering thing is just opinion from what I can tell... but it could fit really. Well up until you get to the part where amy actually thinks her cooking is good that is.

Bit reminded of Mickey Blue Eyes where the mafia had a money laundering scam involving really bad artwork on the auction block.

Comment

• Now she's using her cats to voice her outrage!

Link here:
                      https://www.facebook.com/amyscats.meow

I reported the account to Facebook because it is a page for her pets, not for herself. I encourage you to do the same. Even if the page isn't removed, or comes back, at least we'll have done something.
                      cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

• well it's likely just a parody of her. there's a few parodies up.
                        not sure if those violate FB's TOS or not.

Comment

• She made a new page here. Don't know if it's a parody.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amys-...04584339673227
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

• Karl - It may have been mentioned before, but taking the tips goes beyond tax issues -- it's apparently in violation of the law. The guy is an owner, NOT a tipped EE. He is not personally entitled to the tips under any circumstances.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Holy crap. Somebody just actually hacked their account. Well, one of them anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amys-...ocation=stream

Edit: Never mind, it's already been pulled down. I did save a screencap if anybody's interested.
                              Last edited by Kheldarson; 05-18-2013, 01:59 AM. Reason: Page pulled
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Oh my...

It looks like Amy's new page was legitimately hacked and is now gone. The only one left is the one with the Hello Kitty knockoff profile pic.

What happened (before it disappeared, which may have been reported to Facebook): somehow someone used a keylogger, changed passwords and emails.

I'll be interested to see if they go back to the other page or if they just give up completely.

Unfortunately the last cache of the page that is now gone was done on May 16th.

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                                Holy crap. Somebody just actually hacked their account. Well, one of them anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amys-...ocation=stream

Edit: Never mind, it's already been pulled down. I did save a screencap if anybody's interested.
                                Heh, you should post it. I did like one comment where someone said it was a fake and someone else responded by saying that it couldn't be since the post itself was grammatically correct.
                                Random conversation:
                                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X