X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
    *points to sign*

No outside food
    Hmm... Since its in the womans boobs, and goes into baby mouth, it doesn't really ever gets outside technically.....
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Don't jump to conclusions people; we are only hearing one side of the story here. Also in the article, she says that her baby's head didn't cover her breast and that she made no effort to cover up.

I will also point out that, like it or not, in the Western world, breasts are sexual. If they weren't, then Hooters and Hustler magazine would go out of business. If a naked breast is on display, people are going to be uncomfortable. However, you could whip it out in a different country and no-one would blink an eyelid. Or in another, and get stoned to death, whatever.

Having sex with my boyf is also natural, but I don't assume that everyone wants to see me do it in the middle of a restaurant. Just cuz breastfeeding in public is allowed, does not mean that a woman should make a spectacle of herself. A little respect goes a long way. If she was doing so discreetly and people were complaining, I'd be on the side of everyone saying they should just shut up the fuck and look elsewhere. However, the way the article is worded, the woman just took out a bare breast for the hell of it. She probably wanted the attention in order to get her name in the papers.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I don't see what the problem is...

The woman who was feeding her baby was someplace where it's legal to bare you breast to feed your child. She didn't make scene, she went home, did her research then contacted the restaurent to educate them about the law. She certainly didn't do anything wrong.

The restaurant manager was ignorant of the law and asked her to cover up. Once they were made aware of their error, they issued an apology. So they did something wrong through ignorance, then they owned up to it and apologized.

It looks like the woman accepted the apology and decided to go to the press to educate others about the law. I didn't see any threats to sue or boycott or foaming-at-the-mouth from her, just a desire to make more people aware of the law so that when restaurant managers get confronted with something like this in the future, they'll know how to handle it better.

So what's the problem? Because all I see is a story about how people settled a dispute amicably and took an opportunity to educate the public.

It's a good story of how to handle things like an adult. Thanks for posting it.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I think it all depends on how she was feeding the baby. Just whipping out your breast and plunking the kid on it is not right in public and should only be done at home. When out in public always, always be discreet - cover up your breast and the baby's head.

I breastfed my daughter and yes I did so in public but I always used a blanket to cover up and never exposed myself.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I was going to start a thread on fratching for anyone who wishes to debate the law or what breastfeeding methods are "acceptable," but there already is one:

http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=714

Have at it, folks.
            Last edited by Dips; 01-11-2009, 12:01 PM.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

My heart is warmed by how pleasant and civil this debate has been, but it is still a debate. As such, it doesn't belong here.

Thanks for providing the link, Dips. I'm going to close this and everyone can just jump over to Fratching if they wish to continue the discussion.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Working...
              X