Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can cook, and I always used to do my own washing cuz that way I knew where my clothes were at all times; either in the washing bin, inside the washing machine, or out on the line.

I love reduced stuff; I always look out for reductions on stuff I can freeze. ^^
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ditto. I buy reduced stuff all the time as well. Recently I purchased nearly a full basket of bread for $9. Now I have french bread on hand for when I randomly want French Bread Pizza.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
        Who the heck pays to have someone wash their dog.
        I did. And likely will do so again. But then, Kay-Cari was a royal PAIN to wash and dry. She'd always behave for the groomers, though.

You try washing a large 60 pound very fuzzy dog that can somehow make herself HEAVIER when she doesn't want a bath.

Granted, she loved the end result (by the way she pranced afterward, she damned well better have!). Just hated the process.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          I did. And likely will do so again. But then, Kay-Cari was a royal PAIN to wash and dry. She'd always behave for the groomers, though.

You try washing a large 60 pound very fuzzy dog that can somehow make herself HEAVIER when she doesn't want a bath.

Granted, she loved the end result (by the way she pranced afterward, she damned well better have!). Just hated the process.
          Same with my babies, they hate when I give them a bath, tolerate Grandma, but behave wonderfully for the groomers.

Comment

I don't remember when I learned to do laundry or stitch up a tear. I've known those forever.

Cooking... I'm working on. Always been a bit lazy in that department, so never bothered to make a full meal for the family until recently. Now I can cook a few kinds of chicken, scramble eggs, and flip a mean pancake.

Oh, except ground beef. I learned how to brown that when I was, like, 10. I shall never lack the ability to make tacos and nachos!

However, who, except someone who lives in a buhzillion dollar penthouse, hires someone to walk their dog? Humans need exercise, too! Get off your thighmaster and get out with the pooches!
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
              I learned how to wash and fold laundry when I was 10, during the summer my mom was visiting Berlin. When I was college freshman, one of my neighbors asked me if he had too many clothes in the dryer. It was completely full.

Uh, yeah, if you like your clothes to get DRY, it's a biiiit much.
              When I was in college some of the people in my dorm paid me to do their laundry.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The thing with a lot of these people isn't that they can't do these things (washing their dogs, cleaning their house, cooking, laundry, ect) it's that, well, they just don't want to. If they don't want to or like to or have time to do something, what's wrong with paying someone else who is willing to do it to do it?

If they have the means to pay someone else to do it, why shouldn't they? They earned that money and should be able to use it as they want to.

And now they're having to cut back some because things are getting rough. People are losing their jobs or having their hours cut. And so they're starting to do it on their own instead of having someone else do it. Most of the people in the article didn't seem to be saying "oh, I'm rich, I shouldn't have to do this". It seemed to be more of a "things are different now, so let's see how we can tweak things".

*shrug* Guess I didn't read the article the same way you did.

I DO however feel sorry for the small business owners and the people that used to provide these services who are losing business because people are having to cut back because of the economy.
                I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  When I was in college some of the people in my dorm paid me to do their laundry.
                  Paid for all my books for second semester from the money made in first semester from this exact thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X