This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://notalwaysright.com/caught-on-...d-camera/27744

Attempt to scam for "injury $$$" ... with a glorious failure!

Comment

• Hmmm...that story just seems a little too contrived and convenient. I think a lot of people on a lot of websites are starting to make up stories for their 15 minutes of fame.

The fact is, the ride operator would have been in violation of most theme park rules when it comes to handling a disabled customer.
      Theme park ride operators will not physically lift or carry a visitor, even if assisted by someone from the disabled visitor's party.
      http://www.disabledtraveladvice.co.u...eme-parks.html
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• Yeah. That rule is in place to avoid injuring a customer and getting sued. I can guarantee you that any employee who did that at a major theme park would either be written up or fired for helping to lift a customer.

OK. Maybe it wasn't a major theme park that would have such rules?

The elaborate security setup and the existence of a park doctor (?) isn't consistent with that.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

• to be honest i kinda wonder if NAR ever edits stories. i mean for the spelling and grammar i'm sure they do but i do wonder if they edit the actual stories etc.

or if they only put some of the more dramatic ones through perhaps...

some of the unfiltered ones tend to read a bit more normal really.
          Last edited by PepperElf; 03-13-2013, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• PE -- I am fairly certain that they edit for length and content/removing unneeded details, in addition to spelling, grammar, and filthy f@(%!#$ language ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• not always working, unfiltered: why do you need my ID
              Not a good one really. Customer is an SC.

She apparently thinks the cashier is suppose to memorize the fact that she bought booze sometime in the past and therefore ... she shouldn't have to have an ID when accompanying someone else who's buying.

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                to be honest i kinda wonder if NAR ever edits stories. i mean for the spelling and grammar i'm sure they do but i do wonder if they edit the actual stories etc.

or if they only put some of the more dramatic ones through perhaps...

some of the unfiltered ones tend to read a bit more normal really.
                I don't think they check spelling and grammar - I've seen too many mistakes.

Quoth Ree View Post
                Hmmm...that story just seems a little too contrived and convenient. I think a lot of people on a lot of websites are starting to make up stories for their 15 minutes of fame.

The fact is, the ride operator would have been in violation of most theme park rules when it comes to handling a disabled customer.
                http://www.disabledtraveladvice.co.u...eme-parks.html
                You know, I thought the same thing regarding the ride operator attempting to assist the customer, but I don't see how you would get 15 minutes of fame from an anonymously posted story, unless of course you brag about it on Facebook or something. But I would think though that if that's what this particular poster did, that their friends would've called them out on it.

Comment

• Quoth siskaren View Post
                  You know, I thought the same thing regarding the ride operator attempting to assist the customer, but I don't see how you would get 15 minutes of fame from an anonymously posted story, unless of course you brag about it on Facebook or something. But I would think though that if that's what this particular poster did, that their friends would've called them out on it.

Pretty much that. Obviously nobody is going to post a bullshit story on facebook where their friends can see it and call them out on it.

Maybe they feel good about getting thumbs up votes from a bunch of strangers? Or they get a thrill from putting one over on people? Who knows?
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

• Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    not always working, unfiltered: why do you need my ID
                    Not a good one really. Customer is an SC.

She apparently thinks the cashier is suppose to memorize the fact that she bought booze sometime in the past and therefore ... she shouldn't have to have an ID when accompanying someone else who's buying.

I'm so glad you said that! Obviously the LW thinks we are supposed to have sympathy for them, but I felt they were being really unreasonable!
                    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

• Quoth KatherineB View Post
                      I'm so glad you said that! Obviously the LW thinks we are supposed to have sympathy for them, but I felt they were being really unreasonable!
                      Yeah, I felt that LW was a classic example of the typical "yes you need ID" stories we see here.

http://notalwaysright.com/the-adobo-team/28015

ROFL. Nice A-team pwnage!

http://notalwaysright.com/her-credit...-the-cut/28009
                      O boy. Maybe this caller should have what my BF has… one of his credit cards comes with a keychain version & a leather holder. So even if he forgets his wallet he still has a miniature credit card he can use.

and interesting: I thought this entry sounded familiar. Then I realized I recognized it from the unfiltered section. Only in the unfiltered version the patient's mother was never mentioned. (so yes there are differences from unfiltered to published).

Unfiltered version
                      main page version
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• http://notalwaysromantic.com/compose-yourself/25543

Apologies in advance to those who dislike puns
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Apologies in advance to those who dislike puns
                          Puns are OK when they're actually clever and funny!
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I love it!

http://unfiltered.notalwaysworking.c...y-went-back-to
                            Kinda hoping this one makes the main page. well written and rather funny.

http://notalwaysright.com/drastic-plastic/28276
                            i'm thinking the customer was being sarcastic.

http://notalwaysright.com/not-sue-te...plifting/28267
                            sounds like some of the SCs we see here... she's going to sue over what? being caught stealing?
                            Last edited by PepperElf; 03-29-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• PE - It would not surprise me at all if there have been people who have successfully sued stores for the horrible act of catching them red-handed. I am fairly certain that some have at least gotten Corporate to treat them like kings, at the very least.

Comment

• Eric, my mother was almost on a jury for a case where this lady was suing the store for wrongful imprisonment because she was caught shoplifting and after hearing the lady's reason for shoplifting and proving the reasons were true the store dropped the charges. Because they dropped the charges, she decided to sue them. No good deed goes unpunished. (No she did NOT win).l

Comment

Working...
                                X