This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    I stopped reading remake news when it was rumored tha they wanted Ashhton Kutcher to play freddy krueger for the nightmare on elm street remake...
    I understand that they may want a 'name' for a remake, but...

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
      Just watch the remake of House of Wax.
      I have just for that scene. :-)
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        I have just for that scene. :-)
        also check out Repo! the genetic opera-PM me for what happens to her if you must know-I'd rather not post a spoiler
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          also check out Repo! the genetic opera-PM me for what happens to her if you must know-I'd rather not post a spoiler
          *squeeel* I love that movie.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Moved to Check It Out.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I don't disagree. My problem is Fox is too young to credibly play the 3rd-in-command officer of a deep-ranged mining starship. What, did she jump from middle school straight to the astronaut corps? I had the same problem with the Trek remake, Kirk v2 was far too young to be a Captain.
              In the context of Aliens, Company owned ship, Company owned crew, highly dangerous, near suicidal but potentially profitable mission area, so of course they'd send in the most expendable (read young) first, to guage the way.

Plus you could have something like being in training when the incident occurs and some incident with a rather friendly, multi legged mobile reproduction organ, thus leaving the non senior officers about.

so a younger cast could work, if it was written in properly. I'll admit, in star trek it was a bit of a stretch.

Personally, I'd prefer a better AVP movie that focuses more on the Predator culture and the conflict with the Aliens, rather than focusing on a mission (and hell, if humans are a must, at least have the elder pred adopt a newly orphaned human baby and raise it as his own)
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                Personally, I'd prefer a better AVP movie that focuses more on the Predator culture and the conflict with the Aliens, rather than focusing on a mission
                It's not a conflict really-the aliens are hunted for sport-that's it.

And it's rumored to be the story of the fossilized remains on the ship that the distress signal came from in Alien-meaning where did they come from originally?
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Of course there's always a chance that a seeding of a planet (traditional Predator hunt preparation) can go wrong, of course, then in that case you have an extermination on your hands and quite possibly a queen hunt (toughest thing a group of Predators can do)

Oh, and it's slightly more than hunting them for sport, they're considered the strongest opponent a predator can face and are used in their rite of passage rituals (blood hunt)

As for the alien origins and the space jockey, it's never been revealed, but it's obvious that the SJ's were transporting them for some reason(preservation, harvesting, military applications etc etc) Considering the life cycle and physiology of the aliens, it's quite possible that they were genetically altered from the original lifeform.

It's quite possible that the SJ's originally engineered the aliens, which then got loose on a planet from which the Predators found them and began to use them in their hunts.

Yes, I did used to be quite obsessed with Predators Know quite a lot, including some of the invented language.
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

So they're going to make an Alien movie.... and completely ignore the built-in movie (you know, the colony that lands on the planet and gets wiped out save one survivor) that could be done without any problems or any possibility of being called a "remake".

Comment

Update:
                      http://www.movietome.com/infocus/sho...opic_id=815150

Variety is reporting that writer Jon Spaihts is writing, and legendary director Ridley Scott is set to direct, returning to the Alien world after 30 years.
                      The writer is almost an unknown, but Ridley Scott returning? If true, that gives me some hope.
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                      X