Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redhead: since 1 cent is equal to 1/100th of a dollar, you would need to move the decimal place over to the left on the cents part to set it equal to the dollar amount. Thus 0.002 cents is really .00002 dollars. Clear as mud now?

God....I'm seeing double....hope this came out mostly right.....

Comment

I'm betting what the reps have in front of them is $.002 and since it has a decimal point in it, they are reading it as "point zero zero two cents".

If you go to the guy's blog (verizonmath.blogspot.com) he links to someone else posting about the exact same problem, wherein he posts an e-mail from Verizon that says something "this means $0.015 of a dollar, not $0.015 of a cent.". Which doesn't make any sense. So it seems it's not so much that they don't know math, it's just they don't know how to read properly.

Comment

And you know, most people, like me, that aren't very good with math, would have given up a long time ago, cause they woudn't have known how to argue this or been able to figure it out. I'm glad this guy caught that and was able to argue it. People are so dependant on computers nowaday to do there math, that people don't realize that computers are only as smart as the person that programmed them. And alot of people think that what the computer says is gospel.
        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

I commend this guy for not going off on the Verizon person.

I'm banging my head here.

Comment

The one question that would have offered clarity would have been:

"Please read me the rate per KB -- from your screen -- digit by digit -- including the units."

He never asked.

Comment

Listening to the rep try to figure this one out it sounds like nobody's making sense, or cents rather.

Comment

No wonder there were so many mistakes on my statements! I'm glad I have a different provider now. I would have been able to be as patient with them because they were not rude and obviously it was a misunderstanding. I am sooo patient with people who are trying to understand my point, even if they don't get it. At least they were trying.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X