Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt checked the little book he'd taken from Strongman's desk. "Yes, Timothy Wright. Excellent memory, 'tiyok."
    The last was meant as honest praise, but Colt realized it came out sounding as sarcastic and derogatory as the "N-word". Crap.

Comment

• "The richest man in the Federation, head of all organized crime, second in command of the Galaxy Rangers. Adam Wrights younger brother. Well, before Adam died that is." Answers 'Adam'. "Strongarm figured that Organized crime is impossible to fight, so why not make them on OUR side."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok paced for a moment, then started rambling as xe does when xe's thinking out loud. "This isn't making sense. The only part of it that makes sense to me is that the Nexus would look like we would expect it to. But how the notebook appeared where Colt expected it despite him not knowing what would be in it - that's beyond me."

"If the spirit that possessed Colt removed crystals from the Core that linked to dimensions that Strongarm traveled to, which inspired him to form the Interdimensional Police, that could explain why the IDP doesn't exist. But that doesn't explain why Strongarm himself doesn't exist. What about family - parents, siblings, ...children? And what about this office? How is it that someone who's vanished as if he never existed has an office in his home dimension? Is it maybe because of your presence" xe gestures at Adam "and your shared memory of Strongarm the reason there's some trace of him left?"

Sapputiyok stops pacing and addresses Adam. "And does that mean we have to follow that list, getting Timothy Wright's help to get an audience with the Queen of Venus? As for ending this war, if you have Strongarm's memories, you must remember how he convinced the Uranians to help the first time, so you can do it again, right?"
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "To my knowledge the Queen trusts no man, not even Tim. As for how Strongarm did it, yes I know how .. and I've tried it. It didn't work. I don't know why. No clue. Did everything he did, exactly as he did it.. and nothing. Might as well have been talking to that wall." he points. "As for not making sense I am right there with you. Nothing about this makes sense. Nobody profits by this war, nor by John dis..." he stops. "Crap, crap on a stick.. I think I know what happened. Why I couldn't see into your future to figure out what happened. Who has the power to make John and most of what he did just vanish..and how they profit from it." he curses a blue streak. "How the heck did they get past the Utopians though?" He looks up, and there is pure fear in his eyes. "It has to be the Rutopians. See John saved the Utopians from extinction when they stopped having children. Found a way for them to reproduce again. With him and what he has done removed ... " he doesn't finish, just sits there and curses some more. "With the Federation destabalized, and the Utopians low on numbers..there would be nothing to stop them from emerging from Rutopia. The thing is... how do we stop some of the most poweful beings in the Multiverse?"
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Feed 'em in large numbers to Death's avatars?"
            At the shocked and horrified looks, Colt said, "Hey! I never said it was a good idea! Backfired on the US government back home, too. Nasty business with the Juarez drug cartel; we turned to the Saliedos cartel to try and curb them, and while that did work, it caused other problems. Too bad we haven't got the IDP equivalent of Rainbow Six or the SEALS..."
            Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 12-03-2013, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• "Strongarm founded the Galaxy Rangers, became President of the Federation, left that to found the Interdimensional Police, and figured out a way for the Utopians to have children again? That's a lot for one person!" Sapputiyok looks impressed.

Xer expression quickly changes to worry. "Dawn is about the only person I would expect to be able to help us against the rutopians. But with Strongarm gone, I don't know if she would even exist."
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Adam suddenly brightens. "Well, he WAS the hero of the federation .. that is not an easy title to achieve. However, you may have just solved most of our problems. I had forgotten all about Dawn. Strongarm was not her biological father, he just raised her when she took mortal form. No her bloodline is a LOT stronger. The Rutopians would not be able to make her forget. There is only one small problem. In order to get a meeting with her, since she would not have taken physical form without Strongarm.. is to die. Dawn could bring whoever it is back to life, but that is not the problem. Anybody who has died can be controlled by death.. even if brought back. So whoever it is could not be too powerful, and also one brave person."

Comment

• As several pairs of eyes turned to him, Colt's face assumed the stereotypical -.- face.
                  "Why, oh why, oh why, do I get the feeling I just got volunteered for this?"
                  Before anyone could reply, Colt said, "Look, I'm not brave. That's an adjective reserved for those who risk their lives for others, like firemen and soldiers and Marines. I'm just crazy-stupid --and greedy-- enough to do what I do."

Comment

• Adam just nods "It may be the best move. Steel might be able to counter deaths control over your body." Without much further ado, he pulls out a weapon and fires it right at Colt's chest.

Next thing Colt knows, he is standing over his own body, and there is a dark haired female standing beside him that was not in the room before. "You are safe with me." He believes her. "I am one of the good ones." She puts her hand on his shoulder, and suddenly he is in a white room.

Dawn is waiting there. "Thank you Dusk. I am glad he chose that dimension to try this." She moves toward you. "Even I can not counter all the Rutopians alone. Though I am much more then just an ordinary Utopian, I am just one and they are many. So I will tell you what must be done, and by who. Do you trust me?"

Comment

• Adam just nods "It may be the best move. Steel might be able to counter deaths control over your body." Without much further ado, he pulls out a weapon and fires it right at Colt's chest.
                      "HUH?! No! Wai--!!" Colt felt the triple blast go through first his left lung, then his heart, then his right lung. Aw, shit... How'd he know to do that? Colt thought as he collapsed to the ground.
                      Before he fully faded away, Colt coughed and groaned, "."
                      Next thing Colt knows, he is standing over his own body, and there is a dark haired female standing beside him that was not in the room before. "You are safe with me." He believes her. "I am one of the good ones." She puts her hand on his shoulder, and suddenly he is in a white room.
                      Dawn is waiting there. "Thank you Dusk. I am glad he chose that dimension to try this." She moves toward you. "Even I can not counter all the Rutopians alone. Though I am much more then just an ordinary Utopian, I am just one and they are many. So I will tell you what must be done, and by who. Do you trust me?"
                      "Well, considering you did so well the LAST time we worked together, and the fact I'm ing DEAD, I don't think I have a choice in this matter... AFTER you answer a question only the Dawn I worked with would know the answer to: What attacked me HOW just after I examined a body for you?"

Comment

• Dawn laughs "If I were not here, and had been affected, then I would not know this. It was a chaos worm, and .. it tried to eat your face. Luckily your companion Steel was too tough for it to chew through."

Comment

• Meanwhile ... back at GR HQ

Adam puts away his weapon. "While he is .. away.. we have other matters to attend to. I am slowly forgetting everything. Soon, I might vanish entirely. Means we are running short of time. However, for some reason this is still not affecting you." Indicating Sapputiyok. "It also does not seem to be affecting Colt.. but the other two it is. I do not know why. Right now that is not important, however. What IS important is that we slow down whatever it is. I would send Goldie to be our diplomat, but she might forget by the time she arrives. We.. I need you to get to the Uranians.. try to convince them to help. You might understand them better."

Comment

• Colt nodded. "Okay."
                            Scratching his head, he looked around. "Well, since I'm now very much dead, now what?"

Comment

• "Unfortunately, for now, I can just give advice. My father does not allow for direct interference in mortal affairs. At least until we fix this and I have a mortal body. My advice right now, is to do some of the things that Strongarm did, to help time get back on track. One of you must go to Utopia to find a way to help them reproduce. One of you must convince the Uranians to stop the war between the federation and Venus. Those two are the biggest. Then after this is done, one of you must enter the heart of the core of the nexus .. and retrieve John Strongarm. There is one problem with this, however. The Rutopians have taken the Core to prevent such a thing."

Comment

• "Only thing I know to suggest is sex... lots of it. Other than that, I'm better at finding things and shooting weapons."

Comment

Working...
                                X