Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn laughs "Well, that is not the issue. Like elves they have very few children, because of their long life. Utopians live even longer, and even before the issue having children .. did not have many. It was always a balance. One birth for each death... and they could live hundreds of thousands of years. What I am asking is impossible, so .. it should only take you a little while. They need fresh genetic material that is compatible with their own. Somebody touched by the hand of somebody immortal. Somebody like you or your partner." She approaches. "You and your partner have been chosen. You have the capability to stop the Rutopians. In twenty four earth hours after you are back.. you and they will be the only two who remember. Time is running out. Even my father's touch only goes so far, and he WILL not interfere. I wish I could help more, but my time is gone. HE knows you are here, and he will send you back as it is not your time. One last thing, after the war is stopped and the Utopians are having children again. Go back to the beginning, back to where it all started. Find the core hidden in plain sight. Remember ... "

Colt wakes up on the floor of the office where he had been shot.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok look at Adam, then at Colt, then back at Adam. Xe seems unable to find words for a few moments, then finally says, "Yes, the war needs to be stopped. I will try to speak with the Uranians. If you can tell me what Strongarm did and said the first time, that might help... even though it didn't help you when you talked to them." Sapputiyok trails off a bit, sounding uncertain.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "He appealed to their pride believe it or not. They believe, with good reason, they are the best in the galaxy at defense. He made it a challenge to them. But when I made the exact same plea, they didn't budge.. I think they knew I was not really him."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Well, the key to the matter is proving you're of similar enough a species that they'll listen, 'tiyok... or so Dawn hinted at."
          Colt rubbed his chest while Steel changed back into an armor vest from his holster and belt disguise. Still able to talk to me, pal? Or have I gotten possessed again?
          "One thing I'll need to know, however... How in the blue blazes am I supposed to get the Utopians to start reproducing at a greater rate?!"

Comment

• "Tell me more about this war. What is the background? Why is there fighting? And so on."
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Strongarm's Federation Office

Steel replies "Still here and I detect no possession at this time. Hope that is a good sign."

Adam meanwhile starts explaining the war. "Well a male earth Ambassador tried to order a Venetian around. Even after it was explained to him that this was a bad idea. I really don't know why the idiots of Earth sent a male at the time. It was hard enough to convince them to treat other species males as equals ... let alone as somebody in charge." He sighs. "Even that could have been smoothed over though, at least until the Ambassador demanded an apology from Venus." Adam Facepalms. "I know it is not reason for war, but the Venetians take their pride seriously. So.. it was war. A war that the Federation is loosing. Even outnumbered so bad, they are very good at fighting."

He turns to Colt "Well I still remember HOW Strongarm did it. He introduced new DNA to the species. It did cut down how long they lived, but it also increased the gene pool which led to more births. Unfortunately, since Strongarm has vanished, the source of DNA did too. He used his own DNA. We have yet to find DNA that is compatible."
              Last edited by Mytical; 12-12-2013, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• "Well, crap. That means we gotta get Dawn back to physical form and agree to having naughty with at least one of them."

Colt turned and bonked his head once on the wall to show his frustration.

Comment

• Sappuityok listens politely to Adam's explanation about the war, though xe appears confused by the concept that someone would treat someone differently based on their gender.

After listening to Adam and Colt's exchange, xe says, "Naughty? Really?"

Then to Adam, "I am glad you did not ask me to do what you are asking Colt to do. You would have to explain what this 'DNA' is. I would rather talk to the Uranians, though I am not confident I will be able to convince them to help."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is the stuff that makes up the cells of living things back in my corner of the multi-verse, 'tiyok. It's a technical subject I'm not qualified to discuss further. Getting that deep into anatomy class was never my thing. Reproductive "studies" with the cheerleaders, yes. Real, nitty-gritty biology, no."

Comment

• "What's a-- Never mind. I'll find out when things are back to normal."

"How can I contact the Uranians to try to talk with them?"
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Somebody's Presidential Office in the Galaxy Rangers

It is apparent that Adam is starting not to feel well. "I.. go to Pluto.. that is the easiest way to contact them" He answers Sappuityok.

He turns to Colt a confused look on his face "Who are you again?" He also looks at Sappuityok no recognition on his face. Apparently his power is being even further blocked, or he would know what is going on.

Comment

• "ahhh shit."

Comment

• Sapputiyok slumps xer shoulders as if to indicate xe's losing hope. Then suddenly xe straightens up and xer face brightens. Xe grins at Colt as xe walks up to Adam. Looking Adam directly in the eye, Sapputiyok says, "You have forgotten something. Take my form, and I will help you remember."
                            Last edited by Ghel; 12-16-2013, 02:30 PM.
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Adam nods. "Normally I can do this from a distance, but for some reason I can not." He suddenly looks a little sad. "I am sorry."

He lightly touches Sapputiyok's shoulder. Suddenly horrible images flash in Sapputivok's mind. Images of a home world ravaged by a mysterious plague. Loved ones, family, and friends all lost with no cure to be found. Images of watching even the children dying by the thousands until only Adam survives. Knowing that there will never be more of his species, and when he passes there will be none of his people left. Sapputiyok knows that Adam is dying an Earth hour a day. He can only keep out of his form for 23 'earth hours' then he must be in his own form for one earth hour.

Xe knows that there is now little time left, not because of the plague.. but because the minute he leaves xer form .. he will forget everything .. and the one they know as Adam will vanish. John Strongarm was the one that brought Adam off his planet and into the Galaxy Rangers.. and since little by little everything that John has done is being erased.. Adam will die for he will never have left his plague ravaged world.

However, a flash of insight is also granted to xer. 'John' must do what history has said he did. Which means that both xer and Colt must BE John when they accomplish the tasks that the original Strongarm once did. For touching Adam gives xer the ability to change shape as well. As would Colt touching Adam. For 23 hours after they touched him, they would be able to assume any shape of any person they have ever met.. besides the Utopians and Rutopians (This includes Dawn) for their 'powers' block that.

Comment

• Sapputiyok lays xer hand on top of Adam's on xer shoulder. Xe says, sincerely, "I am so sorry."

"Will you do the same for Colt?" ((If Colt does not object)) "I need to go speak with the Uranians. I need to go to Pluto, it seems."
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X