This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt
    A very ghostly voice answers, even though the figures mouth does not move. "The living are not welcome here, go back, only the dead enter." The specter points to the exit of town, though its other hand stays near it's gun.

Tiyok

Feeling the sword is not a problem. It is definitely here, unfortunately much like the nexus, it's power fills the area. You can not tell which way to go with your sight, nor if anything is waiting inside
    Last edited by Mytical; 03-03-2014, 08:43 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Creepy mist filled graveyard, Blaze thought, as he rode down towards the entrance, If there's a place to hide an evil weapon, this is that place.

He scanned for any power source he could as he approached.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Valzar

The sword is in the exact center of the graveyard, and you easily pick up it's power reading. Sadly, you don't know exactly how powerful the sword is, because your HUD does not go up that high. As soon as you cross in between the two torches to go for the sword, the torches light.. one at a time (they all light, but first one then another and so on). Suddenly it is if the world goes very still and silent. The silence is broken by what sounds like a horse flaring it's nostrils. The bodies start gathering into one central place, leaving only the weapons and gear behind. They form into a pitch black horse with a fiery mane and hooves. It breathes small spurts of fire from it's nostrils (not toward you, but toward the ground).

Sitting on the back of the strange horse is a figure wearing plate mail from the neck down. His face is skeletal, and his eyes burn with fire... fueled by the beings hatred and evil. This figure is between you and the sword you seek. There are other weapons laying around, but you are not sure it will do any good. You find yourself afraid, but do not know why. (Inate ability : Fear).
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Colt was dressed in his typical outfit of Steel as a bullet-proof vest over a recently-laundered shirt, a six-color desert camouflage boonie hat, jeans, Dryza-Bone duster, lace-up boots, three-point harness holding his rifle to his back, and tactical drop-leg holster. The ghost was dressed much as Lee Van Cleef had been in the old Spaghetti Westerns; black pants, boots, spurs, grey vest, black coat, black hat and cross-draw holster holding what looked like an 1858 Remington.

The two "throw-backs" stood for a moment. One, a modern man with futuristic weapons; the other, a ghost from the days when single-action revolvers and lever-action rifles won the Wild West six rounds at a time. Something in his gut told Colt "the Hound" that the ghost's shots were deadlier than his own.

This would not be any typical gunfight.

Colt watched, considered his options. The specter watched back.

Very aware of the rules of this type of fight, Colt very slowly brushed back his duster, hooked it out of the way, and let his arm relax. As the specter watched, Colt ground his right toes more firmly into the ground, just like he had so many years ago on the baseball diamond.

Long moments passed silently between the two. A tumbleweed drifted past, fluttering Colt's duster.

Eyes focused first on the other's gaze, then his weapon, and back again.

Colt whipped out his pistol and fired a shot, just the ghost mirrored the movement. Two gunshots rang out, and when the dust blew away, Colt was nowhere to be seen. The ghost glared, then aimed at the wagon abandoned by the saloon. The shot blasted a hole in the bleached wood, and Colt leapt for better cover, firing two shots as he did so.

Three more shots sent splinters flying, one splinter painfully catching the Hound just under the left orbital bone. Colt fired two shots in reply, but saw no effect. He didn't need to reload, but then again, the ghost didn't need to, either, he figured.

Gotta get to that sword! It's the only thing that'll kill this guy. Wait, Stupid; that's bringing a- A bullet blasting through the saloon wall --just above Colt's head-- got him moving again. "Never-Fing-mind!"

Colt kept up a running gun-battle from cover to ineffectual cover, always trying to move toward his goal, hoping against hope he was going to be able to get close enough to use a blade against a gunman.

Nineteen shots, no reloads.
          The water barrel to his left exploded.
          JAYZ… Sometimes, I hate being right!
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 03-05-2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Sapputiyok treads carefully into the main cave, keeping xer sixth sense open as long as xe's not overwhelmed, hoping to get even a moment's advance warning of any impending danger. Because of xer partial "blindness," Sapputiyok pays more attention to what xe can see and hear. Despite the cave's moderate temperature, xe shivers at the terrible power that lies within.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Blaze looked at his opponent an wondered, What am I supposed to do? Joust this guy? He tries running into melee range and seeing if he can even do any damage as is.
              Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Colt

Colt's suspicions have been confirmed, ranged attacks are about useless. Worse, Colt sees the figure pass through solid objects as if they were not there. As is it is a loosing battle. He is close to the sword, but getting to it without being filled with holes is going to be a challenge. Steel suggests [i]"We have two possibilities boss. We can transform to speed form and hope to get to it without being hit, or we can go strength form and take a couple hits without worry. Both have drawbacks, both have advantages. If you want to keep this fight fair as possible.. there is another option... we take the fight to him. I can deflect exactly two hits in this form. We get close, where his gun is not a worry. Might be a death warrant, we don't know if we can even hurt him close up.. but is it worth the risk?"

Valzar

As you approach the figure, you trip over one of the weapons, and your hand lands on one of the hilts of the swords. For some reason it feels 'right'. Like it was built just for you. It seems an ordinary blade, but it's weight and balance are perfect.

Sapputiyok

You see several forms as the cave slants downward. They appear humanoid, but with squid like faces. However, they just step back, not attacking or interfering in your path. You come to a huge center cave. Large mounds of gold, Jewels, and miscellaneous items are piled in the center. At the top of the pile is obviously the sword you have come for. Sitting next to it on a throne of bones is a female. She looks almost identical to Dawn except for a few things. Where Dawn's wings were white feathers, this female has black leathery wings. This figure has long flowing black hair, and her irises are pitch black. She has little horns on her head, and a pointed tail.

"So, you have finally arrived. I wondered why you had not arrived earlier, but these things happen. You have come for my sword yes?"

Comment

• Colt --Dimension 771, Ghost Town, Middle of Nowhere
                  What I need is to not be used to my pistol again... If that were the case, I could simply blast at him, and throw myself at the sword. Convince him to finish me off from blade-range... use it to kill him.
                  Colt dodged yet three more blasts and found he was 25 feet shy of the sword... and out of cover to hide behi- Wait a minute! Hiding! That was it!
                  Colt turned and shouted at the spectre, "Hold! You've violated the rules!"

Comment

• The Specter stops dead "What rules have I violated?" Again his mouth does not move, but yet the voice is as plain as day.

Comment

• As Sapputiyok traveled through the cave, xe was careful not to touch anything but the ground beneath xer feet. Having closed off xer sixth sense due to the strength of the sword's aura long before reaching the huge cave, xe was keenly aware that what xe was seeing might not be real.

Cautiously, Sapputiyok approaches the devil-like woman. "No, I do not wish to have it. But I must not allow the forces of death to claim it. I will do what I can to prevent death and suffering."

Xe pauses a moment, then adds, "How did you know to expect me?"
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• The female chuckles and slowly approaches, her tail swishing in the wind. "First, to not be rude.. allow me to introduce myself. I am called Satana. I believe you know my half sister Dawn." The faint scent of roses and lavender waft through the air, as she comes to stand VERY close, uncomfortably close. "As for how I know you would be coming, well, my father is very very connected."

She turns to the side, looking at the sword. "So you want the sword? Tell me, what would you be willing to do to attain your goal?"

Comment

• "You have phased through objects; to my knowledge no gunfighter has ever done so. That is a violation of the rules."
                          To further prove his point, Colt poked a barrel near his leg. Both he and the barrel remained solid.
                          "Therefore, as you have violated the rules of gun-fighting, you have rendered this fight forfeit."

Comment

• Sapputiyok takes a half step away from the woman, obviously uncomfortable having her in xer personal space. "I will do what I must. I have no doubt that you could destroy me, with or without the sword, if you wished. What is your game?"
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• The figure smiles and nods. "You have proved your worth. Only a true gunslinger would recognize this." It tips it's hat and fades.

Comment

• Quoth Ghel View Post
                                Sapputiyok takes a half step away from the woman, obviously uncomfortable having her in xer personal space. "I will do what I must. I have no doubt that you could destroy me, with or without the sword, if you wished. What is your game?"
                                ((We posted at the same time about.. sorry))

"No game. A deal. The sword for a token. If I cash that token in, you have to do as I say for 48 hours. I will not ask anything illegal, fatal, or causing harm to anybody you see as a friend or family."

Comment

Working...
                                X