Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blaze grabs the sword near his hand and charges at the undead knight. In the back of his head, there was an inkling of this being a bad idea, but he knew his mission.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Colt's jaw dropped in amazement. "Well, I'll be damned... reading those stupid westerns PAID OFF!"
      Shrugging, he went to claim the sword.

Comment

• Colt

You claim the sword.. and there is like a whisper in the back of your mind. Visions of you sitting on a throne .. the sword resting beside you .. millions bowing to you fill your vision. Regardless if this vision would normally tempt you or not, part of your psyche answers.. you manage to shake it off.. but you know it will get harder to every time.

Valzar

As you charge the Knight, a small sphere of fire comes from his eye. It enlarges as it goes, and hits you square on. You flinch, expecting to burn, but ... the sword seems to 'devour' the flame. You feel a rush of power from the sword.
        Last edited by Mytical; 03-07-2014, 07:33 AM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "No. I serve and protect. I hunt down what needs to be hunted. I don't rule."

---
          Strongman looks up as the heavy blade thuds onto his desk. Colt looked drained, annoyed, tired and sad all at once. "Keep that thing away from me, Boss. I'm a friggin' bounty hunter, not some damn world leader. I'm the boogeyman under the bed, not a shining paragon of leadership and light. So keep that damn thing away from me! I'm going to go see Fixer... Steel's having trouble..."
          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 03-07-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Sapputiyok glances around the cave, trying to buy time as xe considers Satana's deal. "That still leaves a lot of things you could ask of me." Sapputiyok met the woman's gaze, and she merely grinned back, seeming confident in how Sapputiyok would ultimately respond. "Why do you need me -- It is because I can get into places you cannot, without raising suspicions, isn't it?"

Sapputiyok frowns. "I don't really have a choice, do I? If I don't agree, you will either kill me or make me leave without the sword." Sapputiyok stand stall, shoulders square, facing Satana. "I may regret it, but I agree to your terms."
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt

Colt finds the IDP mechanic with no trouble. When she sees him, she smiles, and motions over to a tarp that is covering something. It seems small whatever it is. "Got something for you, I've been thinking ever since the bossman sent you after the swords. I tracked down somebody who might have what is needed to handle the swords, at least temporarily." With a flourish she uncovers a white gauntlet. "It is from the Whitehands. One of the most potent holy warrior clans in existence. Now it won't keep the swords from taking over eventually, but it will give you weeks instead of days."

Then she steps up to Colt. "Come back safe. Would hate to see anything happen to Steel." You can tell she is not really worried about Steel, but about you. "You never know what might be waiting when you get back."

Sapputiyok

"Excellent." She goes over and retrieves the sword. She hands it to you hilt first. "As for harming you, that is forbidden. Now, that does not mean I couldn't have just left with the sword. However, we immortals are not supposed to harm mortals. The Mindflayers will not impede your exit from this place with the sword. I will come collect my token when the time is right."
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Colt nods, but disengages Steel... who remains in the form of a ballistic vest, instead of turning into a ball!
                "Fix him... Please? I..." Colt scoffs a little. "I've gotten used to him; he's my buddy. Ever since that... that warehouse he and I had to explode, he's not been... it's like he's come down with a cold, y'know? He's just as fast, strong, resilient, and conversive as always, but he... last time it took him two seconds to shift forms, he gets stuck in vest-shape... I'm worried!"

Comment

• Looking at the sword that blocked the attack, Blaze charged at the ghostly knight, trying to knock him off his horse to bring the fight to a more even level.
                  Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Sapputiyok takes the sword, firmly but carefully, and turns to leave. Xe frowns at Satana, frowns at the excess of wealth displayed in the cave, frowns at the mindflayers as xe exits the cave. As xe travels back to the IDP, xe wonders, how does one sheathe a weapon that can cut through anything?

Sapputiyok scowls at anyone who approaches xer to complain about carrying a drawn weapon through the Nexus.

Finding Colt, xe says, "I do not like this thing, but I do not know what to do with it. Plus, there is an issue." Xe quickly explains the deal made with Satana. "She said she would not ask me to harm friends or family, but that leaves much she could ask."
                    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "Strongman's desk; where else?" Colt shrugged. "That's where I left the sword I found. Then again, I kinda had to leave Steel with our mechanic... It's like he's caught a cold or something."

Comment

• Blaze pulled the ghostly knight off his horse, and proceeded to fight, sword to sword. As the battle progressed Blaze's sword started looking more and more worn.

Comment

• "This sword is supposed to be able to cut through anything. I am afraid I would destroy Strongarm's desk if I set it down."
                          -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "That's why you set it down FLAT, 'Tiyok."
                            Colt facepalmed, then said, "Y'know... for an advanced race, you're just as capable of lapses in Common Sense as I am."

Comment

• "Advanced? I do not know where you got that idea."

Sapputiyok holds the sword up, looking at it. "If you think a sword set down flat cannot do damage, you have never been hit with the flat of a sword. It can leave a terrible bruise, even break bones. Who knows what one as powerful as this can do?"
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "True, but if you keep holding it, you're gonna be next on the "Dirty Cop List". Remember how that ended for B'axis? If it came to it, I'd put a round in Strongman's skull if he was a DC; so don't think I'd hesitate if YOU wound up on the list 'cuzza that sword! I just hope you and Valz would do me the same courtesy if it came to it!"
                                Colt looked around. "Speaking of Valz; where the hell is he?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X