This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear flu virus,

How greatly I appreciate you visiting this year at the beginning of term instead of during term paper season. Though I wish you would find some other place to spend your winter vacation, I still appreciate that you aren't getting in the way of my final grades.

~Hina
    P.S. Thanks for being bad enough that my parents are going to whisk me home Thusday night, then take me to a movie when I'm all better. Hooray for bed rest and Jensen Ackles in 3D

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear stomach,

Please stop rejecting all the food and medication I'm placing in you. I do not see how i can recuperate if you will not allow me to fill you with juice, toast, flu syrup, and iron pills. The rest of us are suffering too, you don't get to be a drama queen a throw a fit just because Hina is filling us with stuff.

This is your last warning;
    The coalition of Hina's Body Parts|

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear high voiced friends;
    I apologize again for telling you that when I'm sick your voices make me cringe. I appreciate tha you talked in a lower register.

Well aware how bitchy she is when ill;
    ~Hina
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
      rw,

that would be fantastic! the only potential problem is that my affected computer is a mac. can i just use any usb keyboard and get away with it, or will very bad things [tm] happen if i try?

thank you.

--rp
      RP,

I don't think using a USB or SERIAL port keyboard would have any baring on what your computer is, just so long as it plugs in and your port is recognized.

Ya wanna USB or SERIAL port?

-RW
      Quoth idrinkarum View Post
      Dear CS.com herbal tea drinkers,

Which brand of herbal tea do y'all recommend?

Wondering,
      Rummy
      She who drinks LIpton regular black tea & Lady Grey Tea
      Rummy,

As a Tea Drinker....Lipton is crud. Coloured water. My favourite brands are as listed:

BAGGED TEAS
      Luzianne: Black teas
      Intaba: Honeybush, Red, Green teas
      Celestial Seasonings.

LIQUID TEAS
      Tazo Chai.

LOOSE LEAVES
      Ooolong.

Bigelow is a massive no-no. Worse than Tetley and Lipton because Bigelow's teas are always bitter. Yuck.

-RW
      Tea Drinker of the LiveJournal Universe
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• Quoth idrinkarum View Post
        Dear CS.com herbal tead drinkers,

Wondering,
        Rummy
        Dear Rummy,

Ignore the Bigalow-bashing heathen that is my baby brother.

Bagged Teas:
        Luzianne is a personal favourite (made for iced teas)
        Bigelow Green Tea with Peach
        Bigelow English Teatime
        Mighty Leaf Tea (a NEW FAVOURITE!) "Vanilla Bean"

Loose Teas:
        Rishi Tea (a chinese product) "Jasmine Tea" flavour.
        Oolong tea (which is a good all purpose black tea)

-EQ
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

• Quoth idrinkarum View Post
          Dear CS.com herbal tead drinkers,

Wondering,
          Rummy
          I like Celestial Seasonings and Stash herbal teas. Stash has a website with lots of goodies on it.

http://shopstashtea.com/index.html

--RP

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          RP,

I don't think using a USB or SERIAL port keyboard would have any baring on what your computer is, just so long as it plugs in and your port is recognized.

Ya wanna USB or SERIAL port?

-RW
          RW,

It's a USB keyboard. It's official: I really did kill my keyboard. Some keys work and most don't. Stupid me. I'll PM my info. Thank you so much. *does a happy dance*

--RP
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Ignore the Bigalow-bashing heathen that is my baby brother.
            Dear EQ,

*Hiss*

Mom hates that shit, too, ya know.

-RW
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• Dear RW and EQ,

Try Tetley's Britsh Blend. It's stronger, so you don't have to brew as long, so it isn't bitter.

Overbrewing is what causes bitter tea. Americans overbrew because our tea is weak. The Brits don't believe we like strong tea, so their classic brands that they send over here aren't the same strength.

Bigelow's tea, when consumed in the UK, is actually quite good.

--KK

(P.S. I don't mean the Brits on the board, I mean the Brits who decide what tea will be sold internationally.)

Comment

• Dear Family,
                You all rock!!! Except those two! you know who you are! But otherwise, you all kick butt. El, Ev, and little C-you guys are the brightest little smartasses any mother would be proud of. D, C and Do-you guys as siblings are the best on planet Earth and beyond!! Thanks Mom for not killing me as a teenager. you must have known that I will eventually have teenagers one day and Karma will pay me back and you will be laughing your butt off.

Dear Stupid Stepbrother,
                WTH were you thinking, you inconsiderate, selfish pathetic excuse. You steal money not only from my mother but your own mother to buy gas because you're too lazy to get a job or simply ask for a few bucks. You did "things" with your gf on my mom's NEW couch. People have to sit there!!! My mother wouldn't even let us near a new couch with a glass of water. You're still a HS soph when you should be graduating this year. You destroy every car you get because you have no concept of responsibility. I guess that's not your fault. Your grandparents reward you because your parents broke up!! Boo flipping hoo! my parents split up but no one is handing me the keys to a new car. GROW UP!!!!!

Dear SB grandparents,
                Stop rewarding the boy because you feel bad for him. His parents split up years ago and for the better. I can see buying him a car but to keep giving him a new one after he trashes the last one will not teach him anything.

To my cat, Aeris:
                Where did you learn to play fetch?? you're a cat for crying out loud!!! I thought we humans were to fetch for you cats. Weird but one day, I will get it on video and put it on YouTube.

To the CS members,
                While I don't know you I would like to give this piece of advice...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. So by that logic we should make Superman look like a wussyboy by the time we're 80.

Ciao dah-lings!!!
                "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

Maybe we can have a shaving-our-heads get together.

--Becks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rads,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out when I have money.

--Becks
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Rummy

I HIGHLY reccomend rooibos - brew for about 2 minutes and it's a lovely smooth tea. If you can find vanilla rooibos, all the better It's also super good for you, and if you get sunburnt, you can put it in your bath to help with your burn!

Love
                    Rads

Dear Becks

You and me both I don't even need to blow dry my hair after using it, it somehow makes my hair dry faster and it's SUPA SHINEY!!!! *cries*

Love
                    Rads
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Also:

Dear Team Ninja,
                      You may have your stealth and pointy throwing weapons but we have the rum and wenches(can boys be wenches too??)!!! HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Love,
                      Team Pirate
                      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

• Dear glasses--

Why are you so damn tight? And if you are that tight, why don't you feel like it?

Kinda scared--

--me

Dear head--

Why are my glasses suddenly so tight?

Did you swell lately?

Extremely concerned--

--me again

Dear lazy ass coworker--

Thanks for the additional 8 hours on my paycheck this week.

Please, keep it up.

--me
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear LP,

Teavana Teas is at a mall near me! (Gah, I sound like a commercial, don't I? )

Thanks!
                          Rummy

-----------------------------------------------------------
                          Dear EQ, RW, et al,

Thank you for the recommendations. I'm going to have to go with the bagged teas for right now as I don't have a proper tea pot. I have a hot shot that heats water in about 90 seconds. But I'll be writing down all suggestions and keep my eye out on a proper tea kettle.

Thank you everyone!
                          Rummy
                          Who is now educated on Lipton

--------------------------------------------------------------
                          Dear Becks & Rads,

When is the shaving-of-our-heads date gonna be?

Rummy

---------------------------------------------------------------
                          Dear Mr. Rum and body,

Thank you both. I think I'm sicker than before. But that's okay. I might just chuck the over-the-counter stuff & go directly to the doctor. Depends on how I'm feeling after I "officially" wake up.

Rummy

Comment

• Dear all,

Please, be aware that when I am stressed and tired, my mind works as though I am drunk. And therefore, random things spew from my fingers. I now find myself giggling madly over last night's post about tea, and invite you all to share in my amusement.

Love,

The Insane One.

Comment

• Dear Rum

If I am thinking of the same tea shop, they have a cool tea pot. It is clear and you put in the loose tea and then when it is done you set it on your cup and it pours out the bottom. It can be put in the dishwasher. It is very cool. I have one somewhere. I think the gnomes took it. *curses the gnomes*

and I love the tea suggestions.
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Dear Rummy,

That 90 second heated water thing. Does it have varying temperatures? The DataJager has been looking for one of those things for a year now and I want to see if I can find it for him -- it would be the best present EVAR since I purchased his last teapot.

-EQ
                                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                                X