This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Candi and Boy,

I am coming to see you in three weeks! Be ready for me when I get there, cause it is going to be intense. The partying will be legendary! We will be ridiculous! You'd better warn Calgary, cause dis shiz is gonna get hev-AY!

Dancing on the inside,
    Me!

Comment

• Dear Corporate,
      Thank you for not taking the central network down like you were threatening to... it made my shift much easier

Sincerely,
      your dedicated employee

Dear payroll company
      you... because you guys screwed up and didn't get the checks to the hotel by thursday night my choices are transfer money out of savings for my checks to clear tomorrow or make an extra trip to the hotel after school cutting into my time to sleep... neither of which do I really want to do.

Sincerely,
      one very PO'd employee

Dear former coworker,
      You're joking right? You actually think you're getting a paycheck? You took a loan from the owner and signed an agreement that if you hadn't paid him back by the time you left employment at the hotel you were going to allow him to take the money out of your check. He has been incredibly generous to not collect interest, but you owe him more than what you get paid every paycheck... consider yourself lucky if all he does is take your paycheck and call it even instead of sending you to collections.

Sincerely,
      the guy who actually has shown workplace loyalty.

Dear Idiot calling at 2am,
      What made you think that someone in charge of hiring would be here at 2am? And for the record, no, we don't have an opening for night audit... both of us are quite happy with the job and probably won't be leaving... however, if you want day shift, turnover is high enough on day shift that if you turn in an application now you'll probably have a job by the end of the month.
      sincerely,
      the guy who's time you just wasted

Dear guy who sounds like a former coworker,
      haha, very funny, calling in random shuttle pickups that you know we'll have no choice to send out because even though we're pretty sure it's a prank we can't take the risk. Nothing more amusing than wasting my time, the shuttle driver's time, and oh so precious fuel.

sincerely,
      a very unamused Smiley

Dear Life,
      thank you for not sucking as much recently... better, but still a lot of room for improvement.

sincerely,
      the guy still waiting to be given a good reason to get out of bed other than the need of money.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

• Dear EQ,

Why were you in my dream last night? I was trying to get back to the Dallas airport so I could fly to Houston, and you kept calling me on my cell phone. We were going to find a mansion to live in. If I were going to live in Texas, I'd be living in San Angelo and that's the only city I'd live in.

Confused,
        Rummy
        -----------------------------------------------
        Dear self,

What is with the superhero/X-men type dream I had? First it was superhero then it met D&D!? Such weirdness.

Very Confused,
        Rummy

Comment

• Dear car,

Really? Why do you have to be considered unsafe to drive? What's up with that?
          I need to get to work sometimes, and I need you. I don't like taking the bus because my weirdo stalkers are usually on there, and I don't want to get kidnapped and/or killed. They are taking karate and Japanese classes and I'm convinced it's so they can be convincing ninjas and then they will kill me.

Seriously, wtf?
          Me

(It's a 15 year old Toyota Avalon. The engine is shot and might throw a rod at any time, it also has elevenitybazillion miles on it (175,000 etc etc). The electrical system is a fire hazard because it shorted through most of the wiring and now has no grounding and idk there were a few other things that I don't get, but they said it's terminal and would not be worth fixing. *sigh*)

Comment

• Dear Mom,

Thank you for all the "here's how to pack a shopping buggy properly" lessons. It came in handy today.

Your Daughter,
            Rummy

Comment

• "Dear" snow,

I'm so glad you FINALLY stopped.

It just fucking sucks that it's now way too late for me to do the fun stuff that Bella and I had planned for today.

Fuck you.

Wishing I was in NJ for the winter,

me
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Becks--

Thanks for making me buy the shoes. I LOVE them!! If I ever get a 3 hour shift at work again (yeah right) I just might wear them then.

--Sunshine

Dear Mom--

Thanks for making me feel guilty that I don't *like* armaretto (sp?). You should be thrilled because it meant more for you.

--Brat

Dear work--

Don't be pissed that I didn't want to come in on my day off. It's not my fault that people are "sick"...especially when it just so happens to be their birthday.

--Me

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Dear Lizziebeff,

You're welcome about the shoes.

...And don't you have a three hour shift on Friday or something?

And thanks for finding those boots for me. I hope they're comfy for work.

Love,

Becks
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Dear Man of the Household,

Honestly, I don't need a play-by-play of your new computer game.

Really.

I don't give a flying fuck.

And I can read quite well, thank you--as a matter of fact, I'm sure I read BETTER than YOU--so please stop reading wikipedia pages to me.

Especially about people/places/things I don't give a damn about.

Love,

me

PS--Do the damn dishes.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Toyota dealership that we keep coming back to for repairs,

...So, after taking our almost 14 year old car (thought it was 15, it's a '95 apparently) back into you for the 4th time in a year...3rd time actually for 2009, and after giving it a good oil change and inspection.........you first tell us that yeah, our headlight wiring is f-ed beyond and that oh wow, the power steering rack/column thing is f-ed and we need to replace that NOW NOW NOW. We bring it in Friday to have this $700 job done for the steering, and go to pick the car up at 4:30 and suddenly you have a laundry list of things "wrong" with the car. What? Your mechanic on Monday was a trainee and should have caught these things? You think?? I'm glad you refunded the money for the steering since it wasn't the most pressing matter at hand.

However: I'm not a mechanic, but the clicking noise that my engine has been making for the past, I don't know how long? The one that every time we bring it in, we ask you and you ALWAYS say "Oh, it's just something wrong with *whatever* part but it's nothing that we can really fix without replace the whole thing. You can keep driving it with no problem." ? You know, that one? Yeah. Monday this wasn't an issue, but suddenly you tell us that "OMG IF YOU DONT REPLACE THIS NOW NOW NOW NOW IT'S PRETTY MUCH GOING TO BLOW THE HELL UP!" (Threw or can potentially throw a rod...and if it already DID, like I'm understanding...it shouldn't be running AT ALL.) It wasn't an issue when I brought it in for whatever belt we needed replaced either! That was in January! And you tell us that the transmission needs to be replaced? WE JUST FIXED THAT IN JULY (or around then, it was summer)!! The transmission seals are leaking too? Really? I haven't seen any kind of fluid on the ground from it...that's strange. Oh, and the electrical system? I've had in it in there before and told you that the right side headlamp doesn't stay on all the time and sometimes the whole damn car has electrical seizures ( doors lock/unlock, lights go on and off, makes that dinging noise when you have the door open with the keys in it, WHILE I"M DRIVING) you told us that it was something we could wait to do and we did...so that's our fault but you're telling us now that the electrical wiring in the WHOLE car needs to be replaced for $2,500??? Also the power steering and rack, and some other bit for $2,000? Plus the new engine for $3,500 and the transmission for $950?? (all with the labor included in the price...idk)

My (not quite) mother-in-law is rather peeved by this (it was her car, still in her name but she helps pay for things with it when it's really bad.) and was talking with someone who's either a mechanic or is married to him (not sure, she's really bad at explaining these things) and according to whoever this was...the car shouldn't even be able to run, and that makes sense.

I know the economy is bad and all, but really? Are these things really THAT bad? I can't help but think you're trying to milk her for all the money she has right now. That really got solidified in my mind when you started to push a new car on her as we were leaving. WTF.

F- you, and we're getting a second opinion.
                    No love.

Comment

• Dear new job

That is all

Rads
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear Rads,

YAY for good jobs! *happydance*

--RP

Dear buisness textbook,

I know I ignored you. Please don't be hard and dry and annoying when I have to read 9 chapters of you in a week. Thanks!

--RP, who is allergic-sneezy.

Dear people who make other people cry,

--RP
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• Dear House,

I know you are dirty and messy and the wallpaper in the hallway needs replacing and I haven't loaded/unloaded the dishwasher in days. But you can wait, the mess will pile higher. The spring weather and sunshine cannot.
                          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

• Dear calulu,

I completely understand what you have to say. I feel the same way.

Rummy

Comment

• Dear Calulu and Rummy,

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMEN!

Looking for his Banana Boat sun-block,
                              RW
                              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

• dear people where it is already spring,
                                you guys suck... there is snow falling here... and I hate it.

not amused
                                smiley

If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                                X