Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becks, I wouldn't get rid of the dental insurance. Problems can pop up when you don't expect them and then you'll have to pay out of pocket. I had $2300 worth of dental work before insurance. I don't want to see that happen to you! <3
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Dear Food Lady,

I know.
      You're right.
      I make enough money at the Lounge that it doesn't matter that it's costing me a ton of money every two weeks for my various insurance(s).

Love,
      Becks

PS--I miss you on Facebook. I keep meaning to text you, but my schedule's such a disaster.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Becks, I know I probably get a better deal on dental than some. My dentist and the lady at Delta were amazed at how much I get for $18 a month. I guess we just got lucky at my company. I'm staying for the dental!

Comment

• Dear Food Lady,

I'm jealous.

Love,

Becks
          Unseen but seeing
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
            Dear self,

Be serious about exercising again. Even if it is only riding the exercise bike for half an hour a day.
            Try sleeping more and eating less on days that you work both jobs. Doing it the other way around isn't helping.
            See those?

SEE them?

Get on it, damn it.
            Unseen but seeing
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear Negative Nancy: Seriously, I am sick of listening to you denigrate your mom for being on disability. Maybe she is working the system, but I think it's more that due to her own wrong actions she's not able to support herself. That's not a good example, but honestly there are many people out there who are suffering the consequence of their own actions. But should they be denied basic needs because of a regrettable past? I know you see her as being "proud of it" but I think that's just a knee-jerk reaction to the stigma and condemnation she often suffers. You can't see that because you're full of bitterness. You can't control her, but you can work on yourself. I'll keep telling you these things and you'll keep ignoring me because I'm your mom's age and despite the fact that you are about to be a mother yourself, you are still growing up. I'll keep speaking the truth because frankly I don't care if you find me judgemental. I'm too old to worry about your opinion in this matter. I'm trying to help you to see the truth.

Comment

• Dear Neighbour

Seriously, next time you have severe bronchitis, DO NOT COME TO A BBQ and infect me! STAY AT HOME AND GET BETTER! Now I'm sick because of you and your stupid germs.

I hope your nose runs for the next month.
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

• Dear Mom:

I know you bring home leftovers from your cooking, but I generally can't take food to work without risking it getting stolen or thrown out...and you know if I have to run from one job to another I can't take anything as it would sit unrefrigerated for hours. Occasionally I will have leftovers from work, or find something on the sale table I will want later. And no, I can't 'hide' leftovers at the store, we have no breakroom fridge and the coolers get cleaned/blocked daily now. I've even stashed (marked) stuff in the Deli walk-in and it's found and tossed.

I've told you if I buy something I will eat it. You don't have to remind me about all the "crap" I buy. My food for work. I wouldn't have to spend 'so much money' (and you wouldn't 'have to throw out so much food') if I could find what I bought when I want it.

This is starting to look like a college apartment kitchen with me having to write my name on stuff...
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    but I generally can't take food to work without risking it getting stolen or thrown out...and you know if I have to run from one job to another I can't take anything as it would sit unrefrigerated for hours.
                    Have you considered a small soft-sided cooler with a bunch of reusable ice packs? If you drive to work, you could leave it in your car (shady parking spot is best) - which should deter your co-workers from stealing and/or tossing your food.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Have you considered a small soft-sided cooler with a bunch of reusable ice packs? If you drive to work, you could leave it in your car (shady parking spot is best) - which should deter your co-workers from stealing and/or tossing your food.
                      There are some that are cooled electrically. You plug them into your outlet thingy.

Comment

• Those draw around 6 amps. If you get a wall adapter (one meant for coolers - NOT one meant for cellphone chargers) and can plug it in inside, great. For in your car, unless you have a dual-purpose battery (i.e. designed to handle both starting and deep-cycle loads), it's a bad idea to run one of these with the engine off, since it'll degrade the battery and cut its life expectancy (in my truck with a cooler, set of 4 group 31 starting batteries lasted a year, typically get 3 years out of a set of dual-purpose). Also, on some cars the lighter socket is only "live" if the key is in the "on" or "acc" position, meaning the cooler will shut down when you take the key out.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• I've seen a soft-sided lunch bag that doesn't need ice packs--you just pop the whole thing in the freezer and when chilled it keeps contents cold for about 6 hours. That might be the way to go seeing as I don't have anywhere cool to keep it where it won't be found and possibly thrown out.

Dear mom:

It's cool that you got us some more of that deodorant we both use, but I'm not a fan of the perfume spray. It just smells like alcohol and...something rancid (seems to be a common thread on recent Amazon reviews).

I can't wear (or even stand) any alcohol-based perfumes really. You've known this for how many years?
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            I've seen a soft-sided lunch bag that doesn't need ice packs--you just pop the whole thing in the freezer and when chilled it keeps contents cold for about 6 hours.
                            I've been eyeballing those for a while but at $20 a pop....

Comment

• W.,

If this is how you treat people now, I'd hate to see what it was like when you were a hardcore alcoholic back in the day.

You are abusive and you have severe anger issues.

The only way I'll ever go to your funeral is if your wife doesn't die first.

If I had my way, I would never again have anything to do with you whatsoever.

As you can tell, I can't even bring myself to refer to you as my FIL.

I hope karma gets you soon.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Dear R.,

Is the horrible news true? No one will tell me.

I've been crying at work all night.

I might have to text the last known number of your mom's.

I'm devastated.

Your angel,

Becca
                                Unseen but seeing
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X