Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhh......dragonriders of pern? not a graphic novel, or manga...but tis a series of novels...

TPBM Will have better suggestions for TPAM...
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• Funny, I was just thinking you were a Pern fan based on the TPAM thread.

Oh, and Rum, I am SO in.

Have you read Nausicaa? My husband and his friend really love them. Apparently the studio wouldn't make the film because the manga didn't exist, so Miyazaki had the manga published just so he could make the film. And I have been told that they're wonderful.

TPBM is a fan of Miyazaki films. (He directed "My Neighbour Totoro").

Comment

• Nope, haven't seen any of his films. I'll have to talk to my BIL#2 for new and good stuffs like that!

TPBM can tell me how to get rid of this annoying cough.

Comment

• Try using honey? Or ice cream, Rum I give you permission to eat ice cream, and put rum in ice cream. Be creative.

(I like the books, but I was a dragon nut as a young one, I was convinced knights were the mean ones for killing poor dragons...wild imagination as a young one.)

TPBM knows what I should sketch next
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• A dragon?

Oh, and Rum - lemon ginger tea with honey, lemon juice and rum. You'll feel better even if you're still coughing.

TPBM has tried the above remedy.

Comment

• I have not oh Genius of the Canadian kitting world.

TPBM would like to go bike riding with me

Comment

• I WOULD LIKE A BIKE!

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
                Uhh......dragonriders of pern? not a graphic novel, or manga...but tis a series of novels...
                HATE THEM!.... Well that's harsh. I started reading the first one, which I got as a gift. I enjoyed it for a few pages, then it got really....annoying. Haven't touched the novel since. Plus, i don't like series of books because I feel the urge to finish them even if i don't like them all that much because I need to know the ending. So that makes me grumpy.

TPBM understands my issues with Series novels
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• Actually I agree, there are parts of the series I dislike, The very beginning of the series I liked, the white dragon is dull...meh Harper hall trilogy is rather good, more upbeat doesn't really drag on (hehe drag on..dragon..I'm a dork) A gift of dragons was good, all shorter stories.

TPBM watches judge judy

Comment

• Nope, no TV

And thirded on having issues with MacCaffery. I'm not that big on romance novels, and even aside from that her stuff is just... off. Not to mention the fact that continuity seems to be an idea that she just can't see the point of. No, I have no intention of stopping my thorough re-reading of everything by her that the library owns.

TPBM knows how to get myself to stop feeling I need to read things that annoy me.

Comment

• Yep. We run a pair of wires from a receiver to the pleasure center of your brain. All books have a wireless transmitter that lights you up!

TPBM has read stories about wire-heads.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Niven and Robinson both. No one else's, I'm not really into Cyberpunk, it's depressing.

TPBM has read (or tried to) some of the Tek books.

Comment

• I am not quite sure what that means so I'm guessing i haven't

TPBM has read Lynsay Sands and likes her concept for immortals.

Comment

• To my great fantasy geek shame no I have not

TPBM forgives my failing as a geek.
                            Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

• ....Not sure if I can... but... I'll let it slide this once. K? *hugs*

TPBM can help me with defending my teacher.
                              Military Spouse Support.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

• Why do you need to defend your teacher?!

TPBM has read "Gargoyle" by Andrew Davidson. (This is my favorite book ever!)

Comment

Working...
                                X