This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Make all the assumptions you like, as long as you do it *quietly*."

Although I'm tempted to continue speaking, I decide against it as it's apparent she wouldn't listen anyway. I am annoyed not only by her relentless shrieking, but at her reaction to the male elf's attempt at listening beyond the door. I suppose I can't blame her too much for her narrow-minded view- she is a human, after all. Still, "natural" behaviors vary from race to race, and I do not appreciate the repulsed look on her face.

As the door opens without incident, I step through and look down both sides of the corridor. I briefly look to both sides before making my way right.

(Search check for the right side of the corridor.)
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• I follow JM. (why not - she seems to know what she is doing)
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

• ok...right side...

you see 3 distinct passages off to the right all heading south. You'd guess there's about 20 feet betweeen each south facing entrance, and the first is about 40 feet away (thats from the door way itself.) You cannot see down each passage from your current position until you get closer to them.

Left side...
        Corridor goes on for quite a distance, but about 100 feet down you see a door way.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• With a wink and a slightly amused look on my face, I acknowledge the elf. "And the next time you try listening out, can you do it without hurting yourself? I'm starting to get the impression you might have spooked our 'companion' over there.", I laugh in a whisper.

Still clutching my crossbow, I make my way to the left.

(Listen/Spot/Move Silently checks, please)

Comment

• I stand at the cross roads and look down the left corridor. This is the way I wanted to go. The Path I wanted to examine. The door at the end of the hall seems like a good bet. Part of me wants to go right now, though. Only because the elf went left.I don't want to look like I'm difficult, because that could get me left behind, or my suggestions could be ignored. Moreover, I did want to go left anyway.

The internal debate only lasts a few moments. Finally, I decide to go with my feelings, and not concern myself with how my actions might look.

"I'm going to check the door," I murmur almost inaudibly. I begin to go down the hall, passing the elf woman.

(Listen/Spot/Move Silently checks, for me as well please)
            Last edited by hinakiba777; 01-25-2010, 07:50 AM. Reason: I realized I had read JM's post wrong.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• The Dwarf follows along quietly (as quietly as a dwarf in chain mail can move) behind the rest of the group, leaving it up to them to decide the next direction. He keeps his sword and shield ready in case they are needed.

Eric the Grey
              In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

• OOC: So, should we do a quick head count and see how many players are actually still with us? We seem to be missing a couple of people...

Comment

• ok I'm confuzzled...

left side only has a door that is visible, and hina and JMare going down that way correct?
                  It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Sarlon: If I understood your description from earlier, then yes that's correct.

Comment

• Hina....Going on the order you said it in this is what happens...

Listen: You don't hear much beyond a faint sound like a torch burning, but nothing out of the ordinary. Spot: nothing really new that you see. Move Silently: and move VERY quietly down the hallway to the door.
                      JM...Going on the same order (since thats how you posted it):

Listen: You don't hear anything out of the ordinary either. Spot: You SWEAR something like a dark creature is following you as you move down the hall, but everytime you turn to see it, it vanishes. You don't quite understand why the rest of the party is snickering at you since its an obvious threat till someone points out that you keep seeing your shadow (rolled a nat 1). Move Silently: Despite all this, you make very little more noise as you come up behind hina, though its obvious she heard you.
                      Eric...

Even for a dwarf your size and wearing the armor your wearing you move surpisingly light on your feet, and come up behind the two others with only a slight sound made every third step...that and you can't seem to contain a chuckle watching the elf try and attack her own shadow.

Comment

• I'm here and I've been following JM.
                        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
                          Hina....Going on the order you said it in this is what happens...

JM...Going on the same order (since thats how you posted it):

Eric...
                          OOC: Wouldn't Hina's rolls have been mine though, since I posted first?

Although the thought of being spooked by my own shadow is pretty funny, I'll admit.

It's not like it matters much for now, since our characters have been primarily squabbling, but sorting out roll orders might be more important come combat time.
                          Last edited by JuniorMintz; 01-26-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• oh hush :P

just post what you guys are doing now that your all at a door. Its a standard wood door with metal cross pieces. there is a door handle but no visble lock.

Comment

• Now that I'm at the door, I'm going to listen and check for traps, then open it if I find nothing. If I do, I'll attempt to disable it first.

Comment

• Go for it.
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X