Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... what the hell are they doing?
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• I'll be around for a bit tonight now. Now for those wondering about how future people might get involved/etc (those who might want to add a character or replace one that has fallen). Of course new mutants are created all the time, but when I skip ahead the group will notice that they are not the only group training. The facility is a huge place, and besides passing by there may be many people that the group will never actually encounter. So if they want, people can have already went through the recruitment and training.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• So if we wanted to play a different character as well, we could, Myt?

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        ... what the hell are they doing?
        Being 6th graders? And living off BET?
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Heh, would sort of be hypocritical to say no..how many NPC's with powers am I using right now?
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• First, THIS seems timely
            Second, I know you've gone over the gist of the place, but is there anything like, "don't go in there, those are the labs," sort of thing?
            Third, dude, when I was in sixth grade I was deciding I didn't like Dune and trying to program a temporal-wormhole setup on my dad's desktop. (the program worked. Yay for baby's first program!)
            Fourth, hookers upstairs are stomping and banging around like there's zombies or herpes up there. (they aren't actual hookers as far as I know)
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Hee ^^ Then I might be submitting a new character after I get Kate calmed down. I am not going to attempt playing a nervous wreck and some other random character at the same time.

EDIT: Blumchen, I have a few students that could be doing that...but I'm in a rural, mostly black, school district. It's such a weird blend of gangster and country I don't know if I should laugh or cry.
              Last edited by Kheldarson; 03-18-2011, 03:07 AM.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ah. Then you have the problem of "looking/'being' smart is bad" ten-fold-- it's prevalent across all American schools (hell maybe in all schools everywhere, even though in China, Japan and Korea smart is actively encouraged by the Establishment), but from what I can tell, being smart when you're a hick is 'bad,' and being 'gangsta' and smart is 'bad.'
                ... Why am I starting to think of those 'inspirational' 80's movies that sends a white n00b teacher to a hardcore inner-city black school and shit happens from there?
                Also, apparently we've moved to the 'breaking shit' portion of Saint Padraig's day. (Also, spellcheck, why do you not recognize spellcheck and okay Padraig? O_O )
                EDIT: do both, drink wine.
                EDIT: O____O you know you've been too much at the grindstone when: you recognize that "Padraig" has undergone the shift from voiceless to voiced consonants inside the word. (d-->t, g-->k, see?) the 'P' itself is voiced, and the 'r' is a liquid, so its' freaky all by itself.
                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-18-2011, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• I...am going to sit and enjoy watching somebody else get blitzed from here. I could only have one drink Gave up soda for Lent and I only have Jameson in the house...
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• I should reply to the thread eventually, but I think at this point Rob's just waiting for things to happen. A tour or orientation or something.
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• *nods* I think it is time to jump 3 weeks into the future..if anybody needs to make a post that happens before the training, just include the fact like this...

((Before the training))

Comment

• I may at some point introduce another character if it seems to fit. I have enough random power ideas.

Like one idea was someone who was effectively unrecordable.

Anything set down on record about him tends to vanish through some mishap or other whenever no one's looking. It doesn't matter if it's on film, a computer file, or just written on paper. The file is corrupted, the film is damaged, or the paper is suddenly blank when you turn it over. Furthermore, while not actually invisible, there's a subconscious tendency for observers to overlook him and forget he was there. Like your eyes just pass over him without noticing. And he has no idea how it works or how far it reaches.

Don't know how they'd find him, though...

Either way, sticking with just Rob for now.
                        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• I'm fine with jumping ahead. Kind of interested to see how things go once everyone gets settled. I think we all understand each other well enough to move past the the "intro" phase (it's pretty clear that my char won't be going out for beers with the anyone at the end of the day, nor do I think Kate will have become some kind of badass killing machine). So I'll hold off on any posting for now until whatever happens next.

Seriously, the last RP I joined had just started to move past the "first day," and it had started a year before I started.

HauntedHeadNC: Do you really speak Russian? Because I don't. Like, at all. I speak German (well, not as well as I did when I was taking it in high school, but I remember enough to be functional), but Russian accents are more fun to do IMO.

Also, blumchenkinder, I didn't mention it earlier, but I was thinking something along the lines of the "spandex" comment myself but decided not to have her mention it. That made me lol.
                          Last edited by Kara; 03-18-2011, 04:08 AM.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Just wait till the mutants retaliate hehe, and yes right now anti-mutant groups have a large number of people, good equipment, etc.

Comment

• Food time I shall return!

Comment

• You speak German, Kara? Cool.

And yeah, Kate's not a badass killing machine. I think she's more supposed to be crowd control/confidant/ambassador really. Once she gets more confidence at least.
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X