Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section 3 (Background and Out of Character)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm guess Frost can..people already know the twins..Johnny has a wide range..Alex and Alexis .. hmm that could be interesting..I will do Alex next..his should be interesting.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Oh sorry, duh. I'll 'go' right after Kara/Kabe, 'cuz, as noted in chat, I want to mess with them.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• No worries.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Going down the list..and Kate gets some odd feedback she is not expecting..she catches some general thoughts...

Frost when she is happy she seems to be thinking of Blaze
          Blaze seems to be thinking of Frost
          Alex has a moment of pride for the group as a whole
          Alexis has .. less feedback then most
          Johnny thinks about his programs (he is odd)
          Quake about Jenny
          And the twins..about yarn..yes yarn.

Comment

• And Kanalah, TaurineJunkie, and HauntedHead, if you give me a thought for your character, I'll edit my demonstration to include it.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Kheldarson - I hope you don't mind but your character will start to first develop true telepathy, then other mind powers..slowly.

Comment

• Nah, don't mind. Focused on empathy though because I'm currently writing a full telepathic/psionic character for a novel. Wanted something similar but different.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sorry about that, had an early start today so I had to hit the hay earlier then I would've liked.

Anywho Khelderson, I guess Kate would sense "I hope I don't screw this up" from Sam. She doesn't feel like her powers are very impressive comparted to everyone else's.
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Don't forget, Kate's send HappyVibes-- lol, enough to make Thelassa perk up!
                    EDIT: the crazier the power, the more ways it can go pear-shaped. Yours is a bit more subtle. Or can be.
                    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-20-2011, 01:10 AM. Reason: I was wondering why that looked wrong... d'oh
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Okay, here's teh's disgusting thought for the day:
                      what is consciousness? What is the human mind? ... is it merely the matter, or is it something else? Is is a Pattern?
                      /rhetorical. Short of it is, if this was a Mage game, and the character I was playing was into sick-Nazilike experiments, deconstructing the mind, spirit and life patterns would make zombies, vampires and the like just go the hell away-- which would be some mid-level Sphere work for a Prime-centric mage, but it'd assure something like Alexander not existing. Or Entropy/Prime. I doubt Ananda would ever be able to manipulate anything that's still alive that isn't her on a major scale, because it's different stuff than just matter-- and it's true that alive things have a different particle orientation than dead things (mutters, where did that series of articles go...), also the own person's will and mind plays into it at that point, their "energy" on different levels and types. (This is why she had a bad time messing with her arm.)
                      Then again, just making them get an anuerism is just as effective. Usually.

Comment

• Well, just Alex/Alexis term Alexander a Zombie..does not mean that is what he is. Could be a different thing altogether. Technically I guess you would call him a Golem more then anything. A physical construct with another beings essence inside of it. The reason he is (so far) unkillable is that the essence can find another 'construct' and inhabit it, reforming that construct to its image.

Comment

• Yeah, it's still gross. And the term's good enough for now.
                          ('swhy I made the point about 'what is a mind")

Comment

• Hm...so you've given us disgusting, so I'll give thought provoking through Kate.

Is it right/good/ethical to override another person's emotions? As an embodiment of free will, being able to do that seems more than slightly abusive, at the very least manipulative. And it's not something anybody would really be willing to do on a voluntary basis. So why use it at all?
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Hehe, Alex happens to agree with you. Johnny..not so much.

Comment

• Because when push comes to shove, the logic of the native mind can kick in and decide to tell you to stop/they can leave-- and if you don't give them that choice, then it's assuredly breach of free will (such as the nature of free will is).
                                EDIT: now, their actual thoughts and memories ... that's something else entirely. /EDIT
                                also, when push comes to shove, it's generally decided by humans as a species that the person who starts shit deserves what they get, especially if it's reasonable/ proportionate-- like when Ananda decided (pretty much, split second decision) that if the terrorist was intending to kill her, he'd shown no compunction killing others, then she'd be within her rights to defend herself, possibly, most likely, even fatally defend herself.
                                another edit: I think of it like touching someone. In the U.S., it's all "Uh WTF Stop?"-- but if you threaten to sue/murder someone because they touched your shoulder... yeah...
                                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-20-2011, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X