Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ananda shrugs "Most likely not. We aren't soldiers, exactly. Often it's soldiers who are asked to get hurt. ... Well, have been and have agreed to potentially get hurt..." It looks like she's thinking about something philosophical, and Kate picks up various Contract-Versus-Probability thoughts, most likely confusing Kate. "And it's not like this is safe."
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Yeah, a slightly confused look on Kate's part. "Okay..."
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda beams, like when she thinks you've gotten her point. "Exactly!" She goes back to separating yarn.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "I think more often than not it will be my job to keep people safe. At least the ones who don't have much in the way of protecting themselves." He's not directing that at anyone. His eyes are still on the screen.
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• She continues picking at the stuff in her lap, not looking up. "And me, 'cuz I'm a wild card. Speaking of which, what do think of "Wild Card" for a code name?"

Comment

• Kate flushes a little but goes back to the knitting. Which has fallen apart on her. "What I do wrong this time? And it could work, Ananda, but do we really need code names?"
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda picks up the knitting book that is undoubtedly nearby, and looks daunted by the mess, but leans over to peer at it anyway.
                EDIT: "Eh, just something to play around with. It might help categorize my powers for people too. I mean, what do expect from "Blaze," right?"

Comment

• "What the heck would I use then?"

Comment

• Ananda thinks for a few seconds, then, "There's a bunch of stuff in engineering, but I don't think Superconductor's where it's at... nor Electro. That sounds wrong for you." She smiles in amusement. "Look stuff up."

Comment

• "And watching TV doesn't count for that, Rob." She's trying to track out the different knots.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "You sure about that Kate?" Ananda wants to laugh, she thinks it's funny.

Comment

• "What?" She looks up.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• He leans back in the chair. "Those both sound pretty bad... But really, how would that go over? Never fear citizens, you're under the watchful eye of Rob? I'm half-tempted to stick one of those 'Hi My Name Is' badges on my shirt, write 'Rob' on there, and be done with it. On that note, since I really would like to actually try and do something about all this." With a nod towards the TV. "Do we have to get costumes or uniforms or anything?"

Comment

• "Nothing." She shakes her head, and you get the ... mental impression rather than a sentence, since it's a complicated thought. It pans out to be something like, "television is a valid resource, since it taps cultural thought and reasoning, so people respond to it, and respond by it-- so how 'cool' something sounds kinda depends on and might be dictated by media such as television." ... yeah. Don't explain the joke right?
                              At Rob's reaction, she does laugh-- "Hi my name is Rob? That's awesome!"
                              After her giggles are out, which isn't long, she says "A flashy costume would easily identify us when shit goes down, for sure."
                              Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-18-2011, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• ((Exactly.))

She pokes Ananda. "He's been watching too much TV as is right now."
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X