Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David follows Johnny, nodding at each person. "Nice to meet you. So, do you all know what the others can do, and so should I show you what I bring to the team?"
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

• Alexis thinks. "Actually we've really not had a good demonstration..only training..maybe a full no holds barred demonstration would be a good thing."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ananda looks over to Alex and Alexis, startled. "Wait, when are we going?" She looks a bit panicked at the idea of being dropped into a situation with someone she hasn't trained with before, and Kate would know that she's thinking "I have no idea how this guy rocks, what if something goes horribly wrong?"
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• The comfort vibe now has a bit of confusion in it, more specifically towards Alex. But smiles at David, "We've been training for a while, so yes to your first question."
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Very good. A friendly piece of advice... Plug your ears."

That being said, Vox walks away from the group, to the middle of the room.

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAARGH!"
            ((that's the best textual rendition I can make of death growling, at a volume growing from normal conversation to what it usually sounds like when being put through venue speakers))

"I could go louder, but then even the best earmuffs in the world wouldn't be much help", he says, this time sounding exactly like Johnny.

"And that about rounds it up, at least for the acoustically impressive part of what I can do", he finishes in his normal voice.
            Last edited by taurinejunkie; 03-19-2011, 05:16 AM.
            Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

• "Blaze show them. Frost..please leave the room." Frost nods and walks out of the room. "For her own safety."

Blaze goes to the center of the room..concentrates..and her whole body is engulfed in flames..but it doesn't stop there. "Johnny." he puts up a force field in front of the group...and the fire grows larger..until it takes the shape of a large dragon made of fire..then it vanishes and she is standing there.

Next Alex decides to show his. Looking to Johnny.."If you please?" and the song "Final countdown" starts playing. In turn he creates fire, ice, causes an earth quake, does the voice effect of Vox, and basically goes through all the 'showy' powers in the group. Whenever he is using the person's power..they feel a bit weaker, but only for a second.

Frost is next and makes..ice sculptures. She shrugs. "Good enough" and laughs.
              Last edited by Mytical; 03-19-2011, 05:33 AM.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ananda promptly plugs her ears, trusting the new guy not to bust their eardrums-- and is tickled by the fact that he can imitate voices.
                She's gotten a bit more used to "showing off" in the last few weeks, so she's not as awkward or shy as before with this. After Frost demonstrates, she tries to think of the niftiest thing to show...
                EDIT: she has a good idea of what at least one person will try... and she waits, Kate can pick up impishness and a (tiny) secret, something to do with ... tulips?
                Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 03-19-2011, 05:51 AM.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "Let us get zis over vith," Thelassa said, growing impatient. "Mr Rob, perhaps you vould be joining me in a demonstration for Mr Vox. Ve vill use teamvork, no?"
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Rob blinks at the invitation, then seems a bit amused. "Sure. I was wondering how I'd do my own demonstration. Let's see you try and get through my shields." He flies over to the area they'd all been tearing up for demonstrations already, to just go ahead and show that power off.
                    » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• "Your enthusiasm is admirable," she said, floating to the training area and lighting on the ground several yards away from him. She held up her arms, feeling the static in the air around her begin to respond. There was a flash, and the fabric of her cloak and dress flared around by the sudden gust of wind. Blue lightning crackled around her, coursing up her arms and creating a brilliant ball of electricity. She looked at Rob, who was surrounded by blue-green energy. 'Allow me to be apologizing in advance in case you vill be killed accidentally," she said and thrust her arms in front of her. The ball-lightning shot from her hands, propelled by the gale-force winds she had summoned, and hurtled toward him.

Comment

• Rob smirks at that and thickens the barrier somewhat. "Lightning? Really?" The orb strikes the barrier and scatters harmlessly across it, the winds only managing to blow his hair and clothes around after hitting the barrier. He's still floating there calmly behind the shield.

Comment

• Having been waiting for it, and holding the idea of a shower of flower petals in her mind, thinking of red roses, yellow tulips, pinkish cabbage roses, violets...-- she pushes at the lightning, and with an audible "SH-puff!" the main ball explodes outwards--
                          into... petals? There's still lightning, but only about half, that goes skittering over and *zzt, *zzort, on Rob's blue-green shields, but Ananda is laughing, and looks a bit wrung out. But very happy.
                          "Sorry to bite your style, but I thought it was funny!" she explains with a shrug. "I can do stuff other than that... but it's usually strange like that," she nods to the flower petals, drifting down from about twenty feet above people's heads... there's a slight burnt smell from the mass that flumped up against Rob's shields. "I can change stuff. If there's stuff, I can change it."

Comment

• She stood there for a moment, almost unable to register what had just happened. The look of disbelief on her face was clear to everyone.

((Feelings: confusion, shock))

"V..... Vat ze hell?" she esclaimed.

((Anger))

"NEVOZMOZHNO! ETO SMESHNO!!!"

((Rage))

She folded her arms in front of her and closed her eyes.

((Rage fading.... Anger.... Irritation.... Calm))

At last, without another word, she softly lifted off the ground and returned to where the others had been watching. She kept her eyes closed, knowing she'd cast Ananda a murderous glare if she looked at her right then.

((Rough translation of above: "Impossible! This is ridiculous!!!"))
                            Last edited by Kara; 03-19-2011, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Ananda shrinks, not having seen her get angry much--really, at all? After a beat, she says quietly, "... Sorry." She looks elsewhere than Thelassa. Note to self, don't piss her off.

Comment

• Rob actually looks rather disappointed with that outcome. "Just the one? It didn't even hit me, it got turned into flowers..." But starts heading back over towards the rest too.

Comment

Working...
                                X