Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ice rabbit fell from her hand and shattered. What was that just now? What had come over her? She looked around, everyone was looking away, watching Johnny and Rob. No, something had happened to her. Was it Kate? No, that was impossible. There was no way that girl had gained the kind of control to manipulate her. It had to be Alex. He borrowed her empathy, enhanced it, and toyed with her feelings. In that case, she would have to let it go this time. She obviously had much to consider. The others, their powers seemed impractical, even useless. But clearly she needed to spend as much time learning of their powers as she did her own. And, she should learn of their weaknesses. There were others out there with similar powers, and she should go into battle with the advantage of knowing where and how to strike at her enemies.

In the meantime, she would be keeping an eye on Kate... just in case.
    Last edited by Kara; 03-19-2011, 07:57 AM.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Johnny dismisses the Air Elemental and sits down.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• And Rob drops his shields. "That all, then?"
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Kate looks over at Alex for essentially support/one last beg out. "I guess it's my turn?" She sighs a little. "I apologize for how invasive this might seem..." She sends out an empathic blanket of general happiness and contentment.

((now i need the most immediate thoughts from everybody. can list them if the off topic. i'll finish hers once i get a handful of thoughts))
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda pipes up "You're like the Energizer Bunny, Rob, you sure you don't eat electricity?" She says with a grin. It's obvious that her reticence has been melted away by Kate's efforts, both now and with Thelassa. Between that, and thinking, "we have enough power between us all... maybe it won't be as bad as I think. It probably won't be!" -- this is a bit of a pull-away from her generally anxious and cautious thoughts in regards to military engagements.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "I don't think so. We should totally find one of those ghost meter things and see if I don't have some effect on the energy level of my surroundings..." He trails off, lost in thought.

I think Kate's "happiness and comfort" feelings mainly make Rob's mind wander even more easily than normal.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Not this again. How could this be? She had been trained to resist having her thoughts and emotions read, but not how to fight against the influence of someone else's being projected on her. No, this was not happening. She swore she was going to beat that little-

She was kind of cute though. Her hair was beautiful. Thelassa ran her hand through her own hair. She had beautiful hair too. This training room was amazing. This whole facility was amazing. She had been on the move for such a long time, it felt good to have somewhere to call home. She breathed deep and filled her lungs with air. Yes. Home.

Comment

• Kate sighs in her own little pleasure before pointing at Ananda, "You're finally confident about what Alex is proposing we're doing." Looks at Rob and shakes her head, "You're too ADD." Glance over at Blaze and Frost, blushes and looks at Johnny, "You're trying to figure out how to fix the last program you built." At Sam, she says, "You're worried about showing off." She starts at Thelassa's thoughts, but doesn't say anything. Moves on to Kit and Kat, "I'm totally going to give you that mess of yarn I've got upstairs." Frowns at Alexis, but looking at Alex says, "And you're happy to see how far we've all come."

She lets the emotional blanket drop and steps back to put Alex kind of between her and Thelassa.
                  Last edited by Kheldarson; 03-19-2011, 03:22 PM.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Oh yes," Thelassa snaps as soon as the wave drops. "Ve are all so very impressed vith you. Vill be interesting to see if you can find time to be making our enemies hug each other vhile zey are trying to kill us." Not bothering to levitate, she storms toward the training room's exit. "I vill be preparing for a fight. Vhenever playtime has finished, let me know and ve shall get down to business."

Comment

• And Kate hugs herself. "And that would be why I don't like using my powers."
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Ananda puts her hand on Kate's shoulder. "Eh, you just gotta be more subtle about it. More like... saying stuff at the same time..." she smiles at Kate.
                        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Samantha looks at Kate, then back at everyone else. "I...I don't know. I don't do well when people are staring at me."
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kate gives Ananda a small smile. "I guess. But I don't think I'll be coming on this mission anyway. I wouldn't be much help." Then to Sam, "Just do the wolf you were going to do earlier for our race."
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sam nodded and starting walking towards the center of the room. By the time she reached the center of the room, she was a big shaggy wolf. Glancing around at the room, she thought 'Oh you want a show...' She moved from the wolf to a horse, and then to a big grizzly bear. Standing up on her hind legs at 8ft tall she did her best "Huaarrrr!" Then moved into a bengal tiger. She didn't stay as a tiger for long as a courtesy to Kate, and then finally became a hawk, flying a lap around the room before landing gingerly on Kate's shoulder, careful not to hurt her with the bird's sharp talons.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• It was kinda gross watching Sam change-- but at least it wasn't like in horror movies with bones cracking and pain-- this was like melting, which was weird and cool to look at in comparison. It was also strange to connect that a person was an animal-- possibly stranger than mutants in general to Ananda. Maybe that was just her getting used to the idea of being a mutant.

Comment

Working...
                                X