Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake grins his lopsided grin. "Quake distract good." and gains momentum..plowing right through the wall. Which yes, causes a major distraction.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "so then what's the plan?" Sam asks, looking from Wolfe to Stalker and back to Kate.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• ((Six months huh? Lessee...))
        Aside from training-- getting better at working in varying teams, reading stuff that's fun (non-fiction and fiction... she's enough of a geek that learning more Latin vocabulary and reading Julius Caesar in the original is 'fun,' so who knows what she's actually reading... urg.); she's trying to re-create the watch that Quake had been wearing during their first encounter with Alexander... and well... you'll see. She'll hang out with her friends, who will notice her 'sulking and skulking' less, and Kate and she will undoubtedly have a conversation or two about that... and she'll try to hang out with Whisper... and to some extent, if he'll accept it, Quake. Susan, on the other hand... she's like what, ten? Ananda, once she figures out why a kid's around, and talking with Stalker, will probably be at least talking to her, out of curiosity... and ... lemme guess, she's never actually been to school? Depending on her level of education, Ananda will be disgruntled/ mildly horrified and try to work out some sort of homeschool for her. XD 'Cuz Ananda loves her some know-how...
        ((from a previous post, undoubtedly not six-months-later))
        Hallway
        Ananda bumps into Crisis, who she has been getting to know over the last few days. His skin is a lot less dark red, but his eyes are still yellow. "Hey, doctors said this is about as much as whatever was put in me will go. They have managed to purge most of it from my system. They can't undo the damage unfortunately." He stops. "I am probably boring you with all this."
        She backpedals a bit... well, honestly, it was more bouncing off the larger man; regardless, back at a more comfortable speaking distance. "Oh! Boring? Heh... you need to get to know me better Crisis!" She smiles broadly. "This is not boring. Not only are you a friend, it's also technically intriguing, and this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I'm pretty sure they didn't tell you this," as she leans in conspiratorially, "but I asked them if I could help; they wanted to wait until they've done what they could, if only to mitigate any bad stuff. Let's head back and ask again..." she looks a bit uncertain. "Unless you don't want me to. I mean... I've been kinda stealing the ... okay I've been stealing and hacking into their notes and charts to learn, 'cuz the more I learn about something, the better it typically goes. Visualization and all that." ... She pauses, thinking how to ask. "uh. Do you want me to help get rid of more of that crap in you?"
        /longpost is long.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Main room
          "I don't know..seems just a little like a set up. Probably have more cameras recording our 'unprovoked' attack." cautions Johnny.

Hallway
          Crisis looks at Ananda.."You would do that for me? Despite the fact..that I would have tried to kill you when we first met?? I've never met somebody like you.."
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Ananda opens her mouth to talk, then closes it and looks around, as if searching for the words in the air. She opens her mouth again as she looks towards Crisis again. "You were angry. Alexander was using you, whether he knew it was you or not. I tried to stop you without killing you, because I only push when I'm shoved. When I found out why you were angry... and that I could allow you to think again... someone came out of that anger." She smiles. "Someone not like Alexander. I think he's the only person I actually hate." She shrugs. "You aren't trying to kill me now. Or anyone. Uh. Well, Alexander, but hell, I am perfectly willing to commit pre-meditated murder on that front." Her brow crinkles. "Or is it vigilante justice? Or is it more..." She shakes her head, in that flick that anyone that hangs out with her recognizes. "Nevermind. I'll look it up later." She blinks, as if remembering the exact question. "Uh. Yeah. Yeah I would." She laughs at tangent, however small it was.
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• "He does manage to ignite hate against himself very easily, doesn't he..well..I won't turn down any help..but we may want to be cautious..my power is actually a bit dangerous..thus my codename..and removing too much of it could cause..unknown problems."

Comment

• She nods, with a huff of amusement. "Caution, definitely. I mean, you're basically one big experiment, and organic chem is nasty stuff. There's a reason why modern medicine is comparatively barbaric to the other sciences. Who knows how anyone is going to react to anything aside from history and educated guesses? Pscyho-pharmacology is a great example of how crazy human complexity is."
                (she'll yatter on like that unless someone or something interrupts or they reach their destination. Or if she notices Crisis getting uncomfortable.)

Comment

• Well he listens, though she can tell he is not really interested in the technical stuff, but doesn't seem uncomfortable. You arrive at the medical center.

Comment

• In the interests of not tipping her hand to the thefts (which, really, were photographs of charts and such... honest... ), she asks Crisis (in earshot of the nurse or whoever is in there...) who the doctor he'd been in the care of most, and then would ask said person-in-earshot for said doctor.

Comment

• Well you manage to get all the info, and introduced to Dr. Strong (no .. really that is his name).

"I am the one pretty much in charge here when Amy is not here."

Comment

• With a glance back to Crisis, she introduces herself, not used to being in the infirmary, and says, "I think I might be able to help get rid of the rest of the poison... but I'll need help to do it. With Crisis's natural abilities amplifying my own, I should be able to manipulate biological processes, possibly even the poisons themselves, but I'm no chemist or doctor, so I'd need your help as well-- as well as supervision! I mean, what if I do more harm than good, then what?!" Her voice gets slightly strident towards the end, but not very loud, and she looks at the doctor, a bit nervous. "Who knows what this could break down into?" she asks, more of as a rhetorical question.

Comment

• He nods."Well I can try. I know quite a bit about the human body, and human chemistry..but you do realize there is a lot I DON'T know also..right?"

Comment

• She snorts. "Heh... yeah, I just gave a mini-lecture to this guy" she pats Crisis on a heavily-muscled arm, "on the way over here about that very subject. You still know more than I do. I was planning on being a language geek for the Army before I got sent here," she grins broadly.

Comment

• "As much as I hate to admit it, but if you want a better chance of nothing going wrong..you should talk to Amy." ((remember this happened hours ago..I think before Amy actually went to the training room)) "She can do things I can't even dream of..it's almost like magic."

Comment

• She thinks for a second. "Whitehand, right?" She looks back at Crisis, then at Dr. Strong. "Do you know where she is?"

Comment

Working...
                                X