Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You'd be surprised what works with bullets. After all, someone surviving getting a point-blank to the skull isn't unheard of, and rifling is very important. Are you ready for me to try to change their mass? I'll have to ramp it up gradually, and I don't think it'd be more than a dozen, but how heavy do you think you'd feel comfortable with?"
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Dele nods a bit to Ananda. "True, but I'm more talking about velocity. Bullets are fired with such velocity that I don't think I can greatly affect their course without upping the G's to about tenfold, and that's at the upper limit of what I can do before the strain gets too hard."

He shrugs. "Maybe if I get stronger, I'll be able to affect them better, but I'm not at that stage."

He stretches and takes a few deep breaths. "Let's try upping the weight by at least half to start."
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• She'll laugh and tell you "Then remember your Tai-Chi there, dude. Flow, don't break, or something. Causing a strong pull one way or the other might do it... but then there's the speed too..."
        It'll take her a few tries to get the adjustment quite right... but they shouldn't be too much one way or the other. She's also trying to work on her accuracy.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

• Not wanting to waste any time while the boy's attention was on Quake, The Witch launched ice spikes at him from behind his back and immediately took to the air, sending lightning down at him from above. Let's see how many ways this boy can divide his attention, she thought.
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• Siberia...
            The ice shards veer off, into the wall..and the lightning hits the shield lighting it up. It parts, and the electricity sparkles across the surface, revealing it is a complete sphere around him. You notice that the sphere wavers just a little under the combined assault, and Quake seems to recover a little.

The boy, exerting a lot of energy, shakes his head as if clearing some cobwebs. "I see it will be difficult to both break the big one, and fight off your attacks. So...lets see how you handle multiple threats."

Quake's weakness..he is very weak against mental attacks due to his reduced intelligence. He is straining, fighting, but he turns toward Thelassa, and starts to advance. "Quake..can't stop..run...Quake no want to hurt you."

Whisper's room.
            Sam feels Whisper hugging her. She doesn't know what is wrong, but hearing the commotion can pretty much figure out Sam had a nightmare. "It's ok. It's just a dream." Whisper brings over a pillow and cover. "I'll lay here with you."
            Last edited by Mytical; 07-03-2011, 02:49 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Dele nods to Ananda's advice. "I remember. Flow with it. Whitehand taught me that much."

The launcher is reloaded and starts firing again, the spheres getting heavier, but it doesn't seem to faze the gravity-manipulator as he continues his circular motions, catching and releasing each fired ball, now working on his aim and releasing the shots back in the direction they're coming from.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• S3HQ next morning..

Stalker and Wolfe are up early planning. For those that join them... this is what they see. Somehow they have a schematic of the compound. They are mapping out entry points, and the like. Both are pointing to things, and only making half sentences..and neither seem to like what they are seeing.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Thelassa grinned, despite not being able to harm the boy and now with the nearly-invincible behemoth lumbering towards her. "I vas just vondering same of you," she said. She summoned a sphere of ball lightning and caused it to burst, releasing a momentary blinding light. Once her opponets' eyes refocused, there were now 2 more Thelassas standing where there had only been 1 a few seconds ago.

The 3 Witches took to the air, one casually creating a sheet of ice on the floor under Quake's feet. He was too big and too slow to change course, and it would probably be enough to keep him down for awhile. It would probably be hard enough for him to regain his footing under normal circumstances, let alone while under someone else's control (and perhaps it would cause more metal effort to maintain that control as the brute struggled). Once over the boy's position, one remained directly above him while the other two began circling around him in opposite directions. They begin a simultaneous assault, 2 Thelassas raining fire down upon the boy while the other a sends a fierce mix of ice and lightning.

Comment

• The boy manages .. for about five minutes..but soon the shield is down, and you can tell he has nothing left. "Finish it."

Johnny, finally managing to get up. "Don't..think about what they did to you, he could just be hurt and confused. Killing is not the way."

Comment

• "Good morning," Kate says to the two as she wanders over.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• They stop, and both greet her. "Good morning. We are making plans, please join us."

Comment

• They touch down on the floor, all 3 with their hands raised to the boy. The real Thelassa glared down at their defeated enemy. What Johnny said could be true, but they couldn't risk being wrong. Still, even if they let him live, what good would it do if he had been poisoned the way her brother had? If that were the case, he was already as good as dead. She looked at her 2 clones, recognizing the look in their eyes and knowing it was the same as her own. She didn't want to kill him to spare him, she wanted to kill him because of what he represented.

Slowly, she lowered her hand and the clones did the same. "It is being finished," she said.

Comment

• "What...what if losing them causes them to come looking for you again. What if he is right..that with him..they will leave you be?"

Comment

• "Are the plans any good?" She's trying to go for teasing here.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Samantha rubbed her eyes as she walked into the room.
                                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                                X