X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Never been drunk or high.

2. I don't own a dress or skirt.

3. I don't like coffee, but I love coffee ice cream and frappuccinos.

4. I love "World's Wildest Police Video"-type shows.

5. I am the middle child, and everything you've heard about being the middle child is true.
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

6. My hands are apparently always cold.
      7. I cannot find my own pulse unless someone finds it for me and puts my fingers on it.
      8. I generally don't wear socks if I'm not also wearing shoes/boots.
      9. I can hardly ever be bothered to discover new music on my own.
      10. I can never remember my exact height.
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I'm playin' again:

6. I love condiments and sides by themselves. It amuses my BFF to no end that I will eat brown sugar straight out of the bag. I do it with maple syrup, too. Also mayo, sour cream, salad dressings, etc.
        7. I am a Mayflower descendant.
        8. My eyes are a true blend of my parents' colors: grey-blue + brown-hazel=dark teal
        9. I've dreamt repeatedly about minor incidents until they finally happened.
        10. I had fairly straight hair until junior high, when it went curly.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Severen13
          never been drunk or high
          me neither
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Only 5?

1. I have a collection of unicorn figurines.
            2. I've seen, and even talked to spirits.
            3. Medical science has no clue why I am still alive
            4. Use to know the books of D&D by heart, including page number
            5. Have forgotten a lot more then I currently know.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
              My standard response to creep-crawlies is to kill first and ask questions later. He claims I have no sense of self-preservation.
              See, I have no issue with bugs in general. Yes, cockroaches are nasty and disgusting, but I have no issue killing them, nor do I fear them or any other insects....except the bee-types. And as I think I said, this is not a healthy respect for them, it is not an allergy-based fear, and it is not because they have stung me a lot--I've only ever gotten one bee sting in my life, when I was 9. Which, for those of you keeping score at home, was over 30 years ago.

But for some irrational reason that I cannot possibly explain to myself or anyone else, these little flying stingers scare the living shit out of me.

Quoth Princess J View Post
              Casablanca

The Goonies

E.T.
              Never seen it, never seen it, and saw it opening night when I was 10 or so, and think it's fantastic!

Quoth Kittish View Post
              I have, quite literally, forgotten my own name while NOT under the influence of any type of mind altering chemical agents. I had to look at my driver's license to answer the nice lady's question....
              I have often joked around about this, usually with my bar guests. They'll ask me my name, I'll get a confused look on my face, reach for my wallet while saying, "You ask all the tough questions!" then glance at my license and say, "Oh, yeah. Jester." Rarely does this fail to get a laugh.

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              I wonder if that's why this one guy I knew would scream and flail about whenever a simple little honeybee came near.
              To you, it's a simple little honeybee. To me, it's "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

And I'm the same guy who's told a guy twice my size who threatened to kick my ass that "I hope you brought friends."

Remember, kids, the very definition of phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear. So please, don't tell me how harmless bees are. I KNOW that I am a thousand times larger than it, and that I have almost nothing to fear from it. And yet, it still scares the bejeebus out of me.

Quoth draggar View Post
              Yep. Who cooks tuna? I don't.
              I am the same way about salmon. If it's cooked, it's lost all flavor, with the singular exception of smoked salmon. But generally speaking, I love my salmon raw, preferably of the Irish or Scottish variety.

And while I love my sushi, tuna is one of those fish that to me can be great raw or cooked, as long as it's cooked the right way. A nice blackened or seared tuna steak, or a tuna tataki is awesome!

Quoth draggar View Post
              I think the Fifth Element and Hudson Hawk are great movies.
              I'll half agree with you. Fifth Element is AWESOME!

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              OK, fair enough. I've never been west of PA while leaving the Eastern seaboard. How's that?
              I'm not even sure I understand what that means. Since, you know, Florida IS part of the Eastern seaboard.

I'm 5'4"
              And you live in New Jersey. Which is not only inconvenient due to the distance, but also due to the fact that I really can't stand the place. Not just because it's cold, which I also hate, but simply because it's New Jersey. Love the Shore, love your tomatoes, hate the rest of the damn place. Sorry.

I have never felt the need to pretend I like beer. Nor have I even desired to acquire a taste for it either. Ditto for wine.
              And then there's this. My three loves are beer, rum, and wine. I'm afraid the wedding's over, darlin'.

Quoth Severen13 View Post
              I am the middle child, and everything you've heard about being the middle child is true.
              I am also a middle child, and I must object to this statement.

Not only is everything you've heard about being the middle child absolutely true, but so is everything you haven't heard about it!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Five things about me.

1. I have Borderline Personality Disorder. Yeah, I'm gonna put it out there.
                2. I'm gifted/talented. I was tested when I was five.
                3. I went through a LONG phase of NOT wearing skirts or dresses. Nowadays I wear dresses in summer.
                4. I still toy with the idea of a Prince Charming, although I already have my own Prince Charming :eyewag:.
                5. I want to be a music teacher.

Another five things:

6. I wound up being tested for Aspergers twice. Once when I was five. And again when I was 13/14. Both times it turned out I just had problems with my social skills but I lacked most of the other characteristics for Aspergers.
                7. I have a phobia of people getting their head shaved. I cannot watch someone getting their head shaved. (Yes, I did watch V for Vendetta and I managed to sit thorugh it but felt EXTREMELY uncomfortable afterwards)
                8. I have never gotten extremely drunk.
                9. I have not, and never will, wear contacts. I've found that me without glasses is odd.
                10. I seem to come from a arty family. My dad plays drums, my mum used to play flute (and I do), my sister is an artist and so was my grandfather.
                Last edited by fireheart; 07-15-2011, 03:46 PM.
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Remember, kids, the very definition of phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear. So please, don't tell me how harmless bees are. I KNOW that I am a thousand times larger than it, and that I have almost nothing to fear from it. And yet, it still scares the bejeebus out of me.
                  Just like I said in my first list. I know they usually don't even care that I even exist, I know the whole "they're more scared of you than you are of them" thing, I know that being stung isn't even that bad and I know I'm not allergic. None of those facts matter when one is anywhere near me. Last time a wasp flew in my relative direction, not at me, I ran across my backyard in a panic, tripped because part of my backyard is basically a slope, and landed in my gravel driveway. The previous summer, some asshole smashed the back window out of our van, and though I did my best to get all the shards cleaned up, my arm found one I missed. I had to have my doctor pull it out because it was so deeply embedded in my arm, and I had to have stitches. And you know what I thought about it? "At least I got away from that fucking wasp." And I was fully aware than had it had any intention of stinging me, and had done so, it wouldn't have hurt anywhere near as bad or required a trip to the doc. But that's what phobias do to you.

Most people are sympathetic to my fear of stingy things, though they assume either I'm allergic or afraid of being stung. Where I get wtf looks, called slang terms for female genitalia, and laughed at, are with my fear of junebugs. They buzz. They're hard shelled and they don't land on you, they bodyslam you. And their legs are prickly. They like my head. They make my fucking skin crawl. They're weird and creepy and intrusive and ew, okay? Just ew. And they are 100% harmless. I don't care where I am or what I'm doing or who is in my immediate presence, I will shriek and run away screaming, flailing my arms and trembling in fear. And I have no doubt it's pretty damn hilarious to witness. But I don't care. We hates them. We hates them forever.
                  Last edited by Kara; 07-15-2011, 03:55 PM.
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

1. I have curly hair, but it didn't turn curly until I was in my early 20s.
                    2. I'm also allergic to food coloring and my reaction is such that I get very, very...high. In fact, I was badly addicted to the stuff and quitting was a bitch.
                    3. I've only ever dated or kissed one man. I married him. Same for him, I was his first and only.
                    4. My eyes change color with my mood. Neutral is brown in the middle and green on the outside. When I'm angry, they get more brown and very dark. When I'm very happy, they get brighter and more green. Depressed, they turn grey.
                    5. I was so sheltered, I never even knew there was an "f" word until I was 19.
                    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Ok, round two! Too many people to quote/comment on with their items, I've lost track.

6. I have had things happen in my vicinity that should not have been possible. The biggest one that sticks in my mind is bringing a 70 foot, 40 ton 18-wheeler to a full stop from 55 mph in LESS than the length of the truck (though only by a foot or two), and without causing the truck to jackknife. The lady who'd lost control of her car in front of me and thereby did not get killed that day was grateful.

7. I'm haunted, with my blessing, by several of the cats I've had. They jump into bed with me if the bed isn't too crowded, and purr in my ear and rub against me at random times. I like knowing they've chosen to stay with me. I think they also play with my current cat, our dogs, and the household pixies.

8. Speaking of pixies, this house has them. I'm pretty sure this particular tribe of pixies has followed me through several moves. I'm on good terms with them, and as a consequence don't have the "I know I set XXX down right here not 15 seconds ago, where's it gone?!" stuff happen. Or not much, and never on anything actually important. My pixies will actually bring stuff that's been legitimately lost BACK, and put it where I'll notice it.

9. I tend toward being highly empathic, even over long distances. One person I game with online but have never met face to face would swear I'm a telepath. I frequently (about 70% of the time) say what he's just about to say or answer a question from him just before he can actually ask it.

10. I've become a kitchen snob. I refuse to buy most sorts of prepared packaged items, I have developed a strong preference for making things myself, as close to completely from scratch as I can manage. And I find that I'm good at it.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Ok I thought of even more, and they echo some other's posts as well. I'm starting to get worried

I too have a lousy sense of direction. I once got lost in my own neighborhood cause it was dark

I have a phobia of bees as well and it stems from the fact that I have never been stung and I don't know if I"m allergic or not.

I LOVE vanilla and I LOVE lemon especially together.

I also have a personality disorder

I'm clumsier than fuck...remember I'm the one that tripped over nothing and broke my own arm in a cubical wall three years ago.

I also don't like diamonds or jewelry in general unless it's really cool body jewelry or native american or something. Fancy jewelry bores me.

I skipped kindergarten cause I already knew how to read, jumped right into first grade and as a result started my senior of high school when I was 16 and graduated at 17.

I'm sure I'll think of more cause I'm a bundle of weirdness.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

1. I was born 3 months premature - doctors told my mom not to bother naming me since I wouldn't survive more then a month 6 months later they told her that I would never walk 28 years later I'm alive and walk just fine fuck you doctors!

2. for years and years I was a voracious reader mostly of fantasy novels. I used to polish off 1 or 2 books a week For the last 5 years I havent been able to read anything longer then a comic book I have no idea why

3. I've been a huge sports fan my whole life and many member of my family are very athletically inclined. I, however have 0 ability coordination or anything else necessary to play sports. \this was always a sore spot for me, to the point where even today while still being a huge fan I can barely bring myself to watch a sporting event on TV its frustrating and painful

4.I'm very "Vulcan-like" in my way of thinking, very logical and little or no emotion. I also find it extremely difficult to understand other peoples emotions or why they feel that way. After doing some research I'm either somewhere on the autistic scale or somewhat psychotic both options worry me alot

5. I've often dreamt about a girl with bright red hair green eyes and a strong irish or scottish accent i don't know what i would do if I ever met this girl

Comment

rounds 2-5 for me...

6. My mom came thisclose to miscarrying me, then she and I almost died when she was in labor with me and I was born by c-section.

7. I can recall snippets of my past lives; most vividly how I died. Despite, or perhaps because, of this I am terrified of dieing and will have a panic attack if I allow myself to think about it.

8. I am somewhat telepathic and psychic. I've heard my father's thoughts from over 20 feet away across a crowded amusement park, for example. The last 4 times my sister's been pregnant, I've known she was pregnant even before being told, despite not having seen her for months before hand. When my dad'sbrother died, I woke up at the precise time he died and knew he was dead.

9. I was in a car wreck on the way to my senior prom. We were in a Geo Metro and t-boned a pick-up truck that pulled out in front of us in the dark in the middle of the countryside w/o headlights on at 50 mph. The front of our car no longer existed when we came to a stop. Both me and my date walked away from the car with very minor injuries (me: bruises, him: broken hand). When the paramedics arrived, they didn't believe we were the ones in the car at first, as from the damage to the car, they said we should be dead.

10. I've been to the Statue of Liberty times and the Eiffel Tower twice and never been to the top. Every time the elevator has been broken and as I was with a tour group, did not have time to climb the stairs.

11. I have been haunted before.

12. I know God exists because I've had multiple conversations with him/her. Usually telling me something about the future of my life that I am *not* happy about, but that always comes true and ultimately it has always been easier for me to come to terms with because I knew ahead of time that it was going to happen.

13. I've seen heaven and hell. The reality of them will suprise most people.

14. When I was a girl, I looked like Drew Barrymore's twin. We look less alike now, mostly because of my being overweight, but people still comment on the similarity of our appearances from time to time.

15. One of my ancestors was in William the Conqueror's army at the Battle of Hastings and there is a castle in France built by one of my ancestors that is still owned by a (very) distant relative.

16. After eating a meal at a restaurant just one time, I can usually recreate it almost exactly or even improve upon it at home without a recipe.

17. My favorite Sesame Street character has always been Oscar the Grouch.

18. I first read the complete Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy series when I was 13 and for the next 10 years, read it every spring at the end of the school year. In total, I've read it 15 times.

19. I saw Return of the Jedi in theaters when it was originally released in 1983. I was 5 and had already seen the previous two movies at home on TV and VHS at least a dozen times each.

20. The first movie I ever saw in theaters was Disney's Fantasia. To this day it remains one of my favorite films.

21. I draw architectural plans for fun. I've been doing this since I was in 7th grade.

22. I have a pen-pal I met at Disney World when I was 11. We still correspond. We've seen each other in person only one time since we first met.

23. I can get babies and toddlers to sleep even when their parents can't.

24. My mother, sister and I all have a mole on our chests in the exact same place.

25. Warning: this one is X-rated: I can orgasm fom kissing, having the space where my neck and shoulder meet kissed, and from giving oral sex.
                            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Here's 5 more.

6) Chicken soup is my favorite food.

7) I eat more than anyone I know, I actually scared one of my friends at a buffet once. XD

8) I have a knife collection of over 40 knives.

9) All the times I've ever been "kneel down" sick it's always been at night.

10) I was born with jet black hair and REALLY fair skin, depending on which one of my relatives you ask I either look like a baby Snow White or a baby Morticia Adams.
                              ......../\
                              ....../__\
                              ..../\...../\
                              ../__\../__\

Comment

Eh, why not do some more.

6) I have a dissociative disorder.

7) I have a phobia of, it seems, practically everything. [Including bees! I've never been stung and I don't want to find out if I'm allergic or not!]

8) My favorite hairstyle seems to be pigtails. Or a French braid.

9) I'm empathic.

10) I'm actually really socially awkward and shy and say stupid things around people all the time. And don't like admitting when I need someone.
                                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                                X