This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    (Other female artists that I rock out to:...
    Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
    Female artists rule!...
    Research the band Fanny (1970-1974). Five albums: Fanny, Charity Ball, Fanny Hill, Mother's Pride & Rock & Roll Survivors.
    First all-female rock band that wrote their own material AND was signed by a major label AND actually got to release full albums.

Fanny fan David Bowie said in Rolling Stone - 29 December 1999: "One of the most important female bands in American rock has been buried without a trace. And that is Fanny. They were one of the finest... rock bands of their time, in about 1973. They were extraordinary... they're as important as anybody else who's ever been, ever; it just wasn't their time."
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

1. Also a low-level empath, psychic, something-or-other. I often get a heads-up to big changes approaching in my life by way of flashes of deja vu. The more frequently these flashes hit, and the stronger they hit, the bigger the change. Before I met my current boyfriend, the deja vu was almost constant for practically an entire month. I also received a vision of my current boyfriend a couple of years before I met him. There's an interesting story there if anyone would care to have me elaborate on it.

2. I have a very vivid memory of being attacked by a doll when I was a very small child. By "attack," I mean that it came at me and was threatening to kill me. The doll had belonged to my mother, and I remember that we would come home sometimes and find that it had moved around her bedroom while we were out. I also remember throwing an absolute screaming, crying fit until my mother agreed to throw it away.

3. My family sees ghosts. The supernatural is perfectly natural to us, in fact. There are four separate death omens that have been known to appear to people in my family soon to die, including a ghostly lamb that circles the deathbed, seeing the "13 lights of Heaven," visits from dead relatives (my mother saw her dead sister looking at her over the EMT's shoulder in the ambulance once during a particularly bad diabetic low and my dad saw his mother standing in the corner of his hospital room once), and -- and this is the one I really hope will not be coming for me -- a floating white coffin that makes a buzzing sound like a hive of angry bees. My grandfather saw that one once and, because he happened to be carrying a shotgun with him at the time, let loose with both barrels. The coffin flipped over, the lid popped open and a dead white dog dropped out, and it vanished. The dog stayed where it was by the side of the road until it rotted away to bones.

4. I'm a writer and, according to those who have read my writing, I'm good at it. Nevertheless, I hate writing and working up the wherewithal to have another go at a chapter is like hauling a load of bricks uphill.

5. I hate fruit in almost all its forms. The only exceptions are some berries, and I can tolerate apples and cherries if they're cooked. Everything else is a no-go. Strangely enough though, I like the flavors of fruit, and fruit juices.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

more!
        never had a dream the first time I fall asleep at night, even though I fall asleep thinking of stories, specific ones with plot and everything! All my 'dreams' are from when I wake up in the morning, then fall back asleep.
        tmi/deals with sex: still a virgin
        Guilty pleasures: fanfic and dance/trance music
        I have no idea what to do with my hair other than put it in a pony tail-- I have issues with sensitivity/my skin, and had my hair short (like, boy short) since about 5th grade, until college. Now? down to mid-shoulderblade.
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

-comes up with some more-

I write Harry Potter fanfiction and my favorite 'ship is Hermione/Severus.

I can spell "floccinaucinihilipilification" without looking it up. And pronounce it correctly.

My hair, for some reason, has an "under-tint" of sorts that is orange, not brown, and is the reason my bf kept telling me I looked like a redhead in the pics I'd send him sometimes.

Ok fine--the thought of talking to someone on the phone makes me freeze up and sometimes go into a panic attack. The only people I can talk to comfortably on the phone are my bf and my family, and even that doesn't remain constant. I don't know what it is about the telephone, but it happens. Professional calls are worse than friend/acquaintance calls. I can still make them--and receiving calls is easier than calling someone myself.

My favorite food is tuna mac. I think it is ambrosia from the gods and is the SUPREME comfort food.

-5 more-

I can do the Time Warp in 5-inch platform mary janes.

I can also sing just about every song in Repo! The Genetic Opera. My favorite to sing along with is probably "Let the Monster Rise" and yes, I can sing the last note with Nathan.

I can't swim. At all. My friend Jenny tried to teach me a few years ago, and I got everything right up to the point of actual swimming--and couldn't do it. Then after that, my friend Stephanie tried to teach me, but she chose trying to teach me in a wave pool. Um...sorry, but there is no way I can relax enough to learn in that atmosphere!

Claritin makes my ears ring like there's no tomorrow. I was on it for a bit as a teenager to see if my headaches were sinus-related and it drove me bonkers after the first day.

I have very, very vivid dreams. Several of them in the past year have involved velociraptors. I don't know why.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
            I write Harry Potter fanfiction and my favorite 'ship is Hermione/Severus.
            .... to each their own. .__.
            Quoth Eisa View Post
            I can do the Time Warp in 5-inch platform mary janes.
            As it should be done! No sensible shoes in that dance!

Quoth Eisa View Post
            I can also sing just about every song in Repo! The Genetic Opera. My favorite to sing along with is probably "Let the Monster Rise" and yes, I can sing the last note with Nathan.
            Augh. You and my boyfriend... I couldn't get past the introduction to the film... :\

Quoth Eisa View Post
            I can't swim. At all.
            I hope you can float!?
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I can float...ish... Me and water don't mix very well.

How come you can't get past the introduction? It only gets better from there!

Oh, and to illustrate the random redhead phenomenon...when using my webcam to put on orajel for my poor painful-as-hell canker sore...here.
              Attached Files
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Awww, Eisa, you so cute!
                ... I hate dystopian things. That would be why. It's hard enough playing games like Shadowrun... I honestly don't know how I do it. WH40k... I try to think of it like medieval times-- which, even then doesn't help (when you think of it from "then" perspective), but it gives a sense of hope in some respects.
                I have more pics than I thought, otherwise my own would be up in the album.

Comment

I agree -- Eisa you are cute
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

1. I'm actually sort of afraid of the dark, but it depends where I am and who I'm with.

2. I don't like leftover chicken. I think it tastes weird. But it's fine in like soup or something.

3. While I was totally fine with getting a tattoo when I was nineteen and would probably like to get another one, I am highly uncomfortable with the concept of doctors and needles for any reason.

4. I know it's more comfortable in the summer, but I don't like wearing shorts. Call it a self-concious thing.

5. I can recall plots, characters, actor names, directors and a billion ultra-specific things from dozens of movies, but I have trouble remembering things like what groceries to get or what important phone calls I need to make.
                    "I am nothing if not an equal opportunity asshole." -Gravekeeper

"F**k you and your tie." -Jester

Comment

• 1. i'm claustrophobic, but i love caving, especially small, tight caves. on a related note, i'm afraid of heights, but i love climbing.

2. i can do complex math in my head, but basic arithmetic stumps me, at least without paper to work the math out on.

3. i hate taking baths, but i also don't like standing in the shower. consequently, i usually sit while i'm taking a shower.

4. i have a ridiculously high pain tolerance. when my lung collapsed, they had to perform emergency surgery without anesthetic. when they cut me open, i hardly blinked. the only real reaction they got out of me was a small grunt when they shoved in the chest tube.

5. after finishing the last pickle in a jar, i always drink the pickle juice.
                      My Space

Comment

• 1. I collect almost obsessively yarn and candles. I buy the yarn to crochet but have yet to ever finish a project. I buy candles with employee discount because I like smell but am never home so don't burn them often.

2. When I was in 4th grade I was reading, understanding comprehending 10th grade books. I love to read books for pleasure but if I have to read for work or school don't have the patience or capability to sit still long enough to read.

3. When I first meet some one I am shy and will listen more then talk. But once I get to know you god help you lol.

4. I only appear sweet and innocent. Like some say I am a lady in public but a freak in bed or where ever mood strikes. Lol.

5. I love to go fishing but absolutely hate and get grossed out when I have to take fish off the hook

Comment

• Glad we can put more then 5 Lol...

6) I can't cook and dont try. But I absolutely love the Food Network and shows like Next Food Network Star.

7) Some of my favorite movies are trashy 80's movies. Love Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, Weird Science.

8) I love to watch hockey games. Die hard Washington Caps fan but live in the Boston area so became a Bruins fan last year.

9) It takes a lot to get me mad but once you do beware.

10) I met my last two bfs from Plentyoffish. Both relationships ended badly but I am on website again

Comment

• A couple more about me (I stopped numbering long ago):

I have a very high tolerance to drugs. Most decongestants don't do shit to me, so I have to get a specific brand, which tends to knock most people for a loop, but I'm fine with it. (One of my sous chefs at the brewpub years ago about passed out at work while taking these drugs, but I was working just fine on them.) This first became obvious to my parents when I broke my jaw at 16. After wiring my jaw shut, the doctors gave me codeine for the pain....and it did exactly nothing. At which point they upped my 130 pound (at the time) self to vicodin. THAT did the trick!

I have a weird obsession with collecting two dollar bills. I don't collect them in the usual "collection" way, though--I don't keep them in plastic or notebooks or anything like that. I merely keep them in a separate section of my wallet, for absolutely no reason. And I don't seek them out....I only add to my collection when someone tips me (or pays me) in two dollar bills. At the moment, I have 35 of them in my wallet, which makes for a nice bit of emergency cash if I ever need it. (The last time I used any of them was the summer of 2006, when I was coming down the Florida Turnpike and forgot to hit an ATM. This was before I had my SunPass, so I had to use quite a few of my precious two's to pay the tolls. It pissed me off.

Yes, my friends think this is one of the weirdest things about me. I agree. But then, I know another bartender in town who loves getting those gold dollar coins (the one with Sacajewa on them), whereas I can't stand the little fuckers. Go figger.

And that's another odd thing about me y'all may have noticed. I always type out "go figger" rather than spelling it correctly.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

• Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                              Awww, Eisa, you so cute!
                              Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                              I agree -- Eisa you are cute
                              Heh. Thankies.

Jester: My grandmother loves sending me $2 bills for every birthday and major holiday, it seems...

Erm...some more.

I learned how to read when I was 4 from Hooked on Phonics.

I have great needs for symmetry and even numbers.

I have a Disney Princesses coloring book.

Every time I read or watch something, I have a tendency to imagine myself in it.

Even though yes, I CAN speak English correctly, I say "might could."
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

• Lets see

I am a klutz and have the scars to prove it. I have a burn scar from a waffle iron camping. I once was curling my hair and laid the curling iron on my ankle. And just this weekend getting out of my husband's truck and slid right to the group.

I can be reading 7 different books at the same time. One in every room in the house. Main reason I got my nook was the books were taking over

I tend to have the tv going, playing/reading on my laptop and be reading something at the same time. If I am doing something I have to have noise either from the TV/Netflix or music.

I loved peanut butter and mayo sandwiches growing up.

Hate chick flicks. Give me summer blockbuster types, more explosions the better.

I seem to be a walking Imdb.com. Can't remember my own name but I can remember what movies people have been and when.

I prefer Disney Villains to Disney Princesses. Also would like to see the dragon in Fantasmic eat Mickey during Halloween (I would pay money to see that). My Mom is concerned about me because of that.
                                Last edited by Elspeth; 07-19-2011, 09:44 PM.
                                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Working...
                                X