Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred readied his weapon, and started automatically 'fanning out' from the group but headed in the direction of the shots. No sense in clustering together to give whoever it was a group to shoot at. Besides, he now knew this area like the back of his hand, and used the natural terrain to cover himself.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "It's just going to a museum." Loren doesn't seem to be picking up anything, but starts chewing on an apple that shows up in her other hand. "Don't call that interesting, even with weird stuff."
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Never actually been to one..."

Sarah looks a little sheepish as she digs into her food.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Ah. Okay then. I'm sure you'll have fun in that case."
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Lochdubh, Scotland (Tyger)
            The older agent looks at the mess and sighs. "Right, looks like we'll be getting out a faster way."

Young Kyle looked hopeful at that. "Emergency transport system?"

The older shakes his head. "No. Even if the car was enclosed enough to serve as a Faraday cage, it's not airtight so we'd have mass imbalances. Even if that didn't kill us or destroy the receiving system, we'd probably destroy Mr. McCowan's front lawn and irradiate the surrounding area. There's a reason it's called 'Emergency'. Just call in an airlift."
            Inside the Land Rover, Josiah looked up from the book he'd found in the glovebox. "A what cage? Mass imbalances? Irradiating my lawn? Y'mind explaining this in non-Trekkie terms so a 32 year-old SEAL can understand?"

Considering the book was none other than Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle In Time, and he was already to the page where the tesseract was being discussed, Master Chief Petty Officer McCowan's question should have been amusing.

Comment

• Doyle makes it through the line with nothing but breakfast meats on his tray and a big cheesy grin as he sits down to eat.

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post

Cassandra's Team
                "Trust me, they stand out. Robes, glowing skin, wings, psychic aura demanding your obedience... And they can really only influence people. The problem comes when they get ahold of a true believer. Someone who's deeply devoted to their faith, and sees the angels are true representatives of that faith, will tend to surrender their mind to them completely, giving them total control."
                "I guess it's a good thing I've always been something of a skeptic then." Siobhan replies.
                Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Black's Team
                  "Morning, kids. Who's ready for a day of adventure?" Black sits down at their table as well.

Romanza's Team
                  As the three approach, they come around a corner, slightly hidden by a shed and a few trees. What they find is nearly exactly what Fred predicted with his vision - the man with the duster and hat standing over a body. It's too dark to see him well, and he also keeps his back mostly to them, so his face still remains an unknown.

"Howdy, fellas. Seems I got ta this one 'fore you did. Now if ya don' mind, I'll jus' head on outta here an' let ya'll take over."

And thus they at least learn his accent matches the look.

Cassandra's Team
                  "Always a good trait in our line of work. But we aren't on an urgent job, and there's someone I'd like to talk to once we get out there. So for now, why don't we take over some of the unused space upstairs and get some rest. We'll take the transport to Division 3 in Colorado in the morning, then get a ride to our target from there. Which should be..." She pauses to check her files. "Los Angeles. Of course."

Lochdubh, Scotland
                  Kyle steps away to make a call, while the older one sits in the car with Josiah. "We have what command and R&D like us to refer to as a 'transport system'. Might as well call it what it is, and that's a teleporter. Anyway, the system is fast, but it has plenty of drawbacks. Aside from the massive power usage, anything organic gets ripped apart unless it's inside something that can block electromagnetics - which is what a Faraday cage does. Those are the metal cages you see people standing inside with electricity arcing over them. Next, the mass that goes through has to be exactly equal going both ways. That means if you teleport a 100-kilo load to New York; New York has to send a 100-kilo load back at the same time. If too much arrives, the excess... well, what happens is hard to explain, but once it's done the excess is gone and anybody nearby better hope they're behind enough lead to contain a nuclear reactor. The result is generally explosive, as well, considering how much energy that puts out. Thus what would happen to your lawn and the general area. Finally, if too little arrives, the end result looks a lot like sending unprotected organic material through, but there's a slim chance it isn't going to be instantly fatal."
                  Last edited by KabeRinnaul; 04-24-2012, 04:33 AM.
                  » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Fred continues to circle around, using the terrain to his advantage. He didn't know who this person was, or if they were part of the group that had recruited him. This person could be friend or foe, and he was not about to take any chances. For all Fred knew the body on the ground was one of the people from the house. Keeping the gun raised, not not saying a word, he keeps circling and approaching the figure.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• sarah nods almost a little to eagerly then quickly schools it.

"Mr Black I am not a kid."

she shoves a spoonful of cereal into her mouth with almost quiet diginity.
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Agent Newton (Joey), Romanza's Team
                        Joey keeps his gun leveled at the man in the duster. "No, I don't think you'll be going anywhere, not until we've secured the scene."

His heart was pounding, and he forced himself not to look at the body. Even in the dim light, he knew if he saw any blood, he'd be a lot less capable. His thumb cocked back the hammer of his gun.

"Put your hands in the air and turn around."
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Doyle smirks as he eats a piece of sausage, between bites and still in his mid-west accent he says, "Now, now, I'm sure Uncle Black didn't mean anything by calling us all kids."

Comment

• "Oh no, he meant plenty. He meant to rile us up."
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "So should I just call you unca? And where is Mr Doyle's dress Mr Black?"

Comment

• "Uncle Jay is just fine with me."

Comment

Working...
                                X