This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room 379 AKA Where Fred's Mind Was Blown

Researcher Kher enters the room and eyes the scene with frustration. Then turns to Black, "You know this is why I keep telling you not to let the newbies in here without proper orientation!"

Black puts his hands up. "He got down here all by himself. After that it was all Rose and Stern." He's clearly concentrating on her.

"I'll talk to those two later." Shoots the two of them a glare. Then waves a hand. "And don't do that. You don't have enough emotional control to remotely calm me down."

Black shrugs and says, "I'd thought you'd appreciate the effort."

"Right." She kneels down in front of Fred. "Hi, I'm Researcher Kher. How are you feeling?"

Loren's trailed in behind everyone at this point. "He doesn't look too hot."
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Like my head is going to explode, and that I am coming down from the worst acid trip ever, but other then that I am fine. It was .. an interesting experience. Names Fred by the way."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Nice to meet you. I'm going to calm down those side effects, all right?" She concentrates on him, unconsciously taking his face in her hands. It takes a moment, but he starts feeling waves of calm washing over him.
        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sarah watches with a look of both revulsion (she doesn't like touching people), and interest as the man named Fred begins to relax and look less strained. Sarah stays out of the way in the mean time till she is needed.
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Fred smiles "That is much better, thanks. Don't want to do that again ever, however."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Then don't listen to those two idiots." She stands up and barks at the two researchers in question. "You two! Office! Now!" The three head off.

Loren peers after them. "What just happened there?"
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Room 379
                Dr. Rose retrieves a small digital recorder for Fred before being dragged out by Solyn. Black sits watching the relic slowly spin on its chain. "Well, any time you want to start. Though I have to admit, bad idea or not, I'm very curious as to what happens when that guy touches it." He points at Agent Newton. "As for what happened here, two ex-Harmonics researches did what Harmonics researchers always do: they found a new toy, and decided to see what would happen if they combined it with something hideously dangerous. And while 'I wanted to see what would happen' is considered a perfectly valid excuse in R&D, it's generally preferred you not indulge in anything too terribly stupid in the process. They failed on that second point when they put an infinitely ancient relic that gives people visions of the future into the hands of someone who has visions of the future. At this point I suppose we're either waiting for Fred to start describing what he saw, or for me to talk for a while about the Prometheus Relic because who doesn't want to hear me talk, or to find out what Solyn's going to do to those two guys."
                » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• "I vote no more listening to Black, personally." Loren pokes at the watch with a pencil she picked up somewhere.
                  My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Sarah rolls her eyes a little to obviously at black's comment about talking to much, but waits to hear what fred has to say, closing her eyes to keep concentration. She snickers at Loren's comment, "but hes funny to listen to....hes got this naselly tinge to his voice when he starts to make up a story..."

Sarah opens one eye and looks right at Black, "tell us oh fearless leafer, when god said let there be light did you say 5 more minutes? or did you help with the wiring?"
                    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Hope this Solyn is not too hard on them, after all they did not force me to touch the item. I am ready to begin deciphering whenever, just want the all clear before I do."

Comment

• Room 379
                        "You're fine to start whenever you want. And while I may be older than I look, I'm nowhere near that old. And I don't need to make anything up here, this thing is weird enough by itself. I just know it so well because I read the reports on it. I read all the reports, by the way. No such thing as useless information."

Comment

• Solyn walks back in, hands in the pockets of her coat. "If you're still calm, then you're good. And they get to design their own punishment. Let's see them put their creativity to use."

Loren looks up at her frowning. "Wouldn't that get them an easier punishment?"

"Not if the alternative is me reporting this up the chain."
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Fred starts describing in as much detail as possible what he saw. Right now he is not focusing on remembering the small flashes, just the main images he witnessed.

Comment

• Loren sinks into a seat and starts shifting in it as Fred lists off what he sees.

Meanwhile, Solyn seems to be paying attention, most noticeably gasping as he describes the scene of Black and the woman in front of the grave.
                              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Room 379
                                Black's sitting back and listening with his fingers steepled, though his attention is clearly focused more on Solyn's reactions than Fred's story.

Comment

Working...
                                X