Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doyle listens with a slightly bemused look. He is just about to scoff when the seemingly unscheduled stop occurs. He seems just as confused as the agent but more so out of having no idea what they are talking about. He looks between the two and figuring he can ask questions later settles on a different response, "Oi told ya it were one o' me off days. Maybe ya fellas oughta come an' get me some oder day yeah."

Comment

• "The fact that I've got this funny feeling that if I go with you I disappear off the face of the planet either way I agree?"
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• "Shorter checks is always a good thing. I don't think I would've been able to get through normal airport security with the stuff I have. Let me just text someone from the team and tell them to keep an eye on things." She doesn't reveal much in the text other than she'll be out of town for a while and check in later.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Jay 2K
          "It's the first one I'm worried about." They get aboard the lift and she hits the button for '7'. "Go ahead and hang onto the railing."

After a brief startup, Joey gets the usual sensation of the bottom suddenly falling out of reality as he briefly moves at right angles to reality. But they arrive as safely as the system ever does, and disembark towards the Division 7 meeting room.

Chanlin
          "If you get out here, you'd got good odds of running into the EN and being cut to pieces. It's for the best if you just stay put for now."

Kheldarson
          "Now why would we do that to you? You'd hardly be any help to us if you disappeared off the face of the planet." He pauses. "Okay, strictly speaking, using the transport system causes you to disappear of the face of the planet, but that's only for an instant, and everyone comes back perfectly fine."

Dreamstalker
          They get her things together and head out in the agent's car towards a small local airstrip, from which they get a small private plane, flown by one of the agents, and travel north, eventually landing in Colorado Springs. From they they take a sort of private subway, found behind some hidden doors in high-security areas, out to what seems to be an underground office. "This is Division 2. We'll just be waiting a moment for the transport system to balance things out for us."
          » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• "How about I just go ahead and say a definitive no to using that transport system then? Since I don't think I'm allowed to say no to your offer at this point anyway." Said with a sigh as she pokes at her food.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Kheldarson
              "What gives you that idea?"

Comment

• Doyle looks between the two agents and out at the odd fog, "Yer da pro's ya." Wondering what exactly an EN is he stares out the window into the fog hoping whatever it is out there his luck isn't what caused it.

Comment

Joey grabbed the railings, eyebrow raised, about to ask why--

And then things got ... interesting.

And disquieting.

And vomit-inducing.

Since Joey had already emptied his stomach back at the murder site in Calverton, he just dry-heaved, leaning over and resting his head on the railing as he sucked in air and fought to keep his stomach from turning itself in a knot.

"That," he said, "was probably worse than any of those 'drop' rides at carnivals, combined with riding a bullet train, with a nice healthy dash of feeling like someone stuck an icepick through my brain."

He coughed and stood up, swayed briefly, and steadied himself. "Can I have a glass of water, please?" he said, blinking a few times, still a little pale.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                    Kheldarson
                    "What gives you that idea?"
                    "The fact you told me I can either agree to come with you or essentially get arrested?"
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Chanlin
                      As he watches, he begins to see faint figures passing through the mist. They almost look like people wearing long, concealing robes.

And then one pauses.

This seems to puzzle the driver. "Hey Eli, one stopped. Do they do that?"

"What? No... that's half the point, I thought. Silent Ones never stop. Start backing up, we'll just go another way."

Jay 2K
                      "Yeah, there's a cooler at the corner up here, if I remember. I don't come to Seven often." She leads him down the hall and it turns out she's right. There's a water cooler in a small area near some restrooms. After a cup or two, she hurries him along again, leading him on to the meeting room all the others have been brought to.

Kheldarson
                      "And that's a choice. See? It's right there. Agree or be arrested. Well, even that's not necessarily the case, but moving on to more important matters. How about this? I bring you on as a sort of free agent. The only thing you have to do is come with me for a sort of orientation meeting. After that, I bring you back here, and you get to do your own thing with two exceptions. One, you report back to us on the activities of any risky supernatural elements you encounter. Two, if I think your personal abilities would specifically be of significant benefit to a mission, I call you in for it. Beyond those two things, you get to keep on going as you have been."

Comment

• Doyle is completely mystified for a few moments and then snaps back to reality taking a moment to process what the agents just said. "Wait... so now da abnormal be actin' abnormal. Lemme guess, da's no a good ting...."

Comment

Joey felt a lot better after cleansing his mouth and throat with a few mouthfuls of water, and followed Romanza to the meeting room without further incident.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• " 'Balance things out'? That's a strange way of putting it..."
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Sarah glances up at the new person entering the room and inwardly flinches at seeing him.

"great...." she thinks to herself "another suit....is anyone normal?"
                              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

While Joey entered with one of the Suits, and while he did have a subtle aura of authority, he wasn't dressed like Romanza or the other Suits. His lean form meant that his own jacket and shirt hung somewhat loosely on him, and he didn't wear a tie. His hair was a tousled mess, even before he'd been sick back in Calverton.

He regarded the others in the room with a wary expression, as he drained the last of his cup of water. That finished, he crumpled it, tossed it in a handy receptacle, then nodded to the room in greeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X