This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
    Named the movie that almost killed Jackie Chan.
    I guess I stumped the group... The answer is "Armor of God" (a.k.a. "Operation Condor 2: The Armor of God"... even though "AoG" was first and "OC" was the sequel, but they were released in reverse order in the US... but I digress). Jackie jumped from a ledge and missed a tree branch, fell 15 feet and hit his head on a rock. There's still a hole in his head, plugged with a piece of plastic.

OK, I'll post an easier question:

What do these three actors have in common?

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

What do these three actors have in common?
      They all have played Harvey Dent/Two Face in various iterations of Batman with the exception of Mr Williams who only played Harvey Dent.

I don't have a question at the moment which is part of the reason I didn't even take a stab at the last one

Comment

• Chanlin, you're right... they all played Harvey Dent (Richard Moll - "Batman: The Animated Series", Billy Dee Williams - "Batman" 1989, Aaron Echhart - "The Dark Knight").

(I was starting to think that my questions were too hard...)

What do these three have in common?

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

• I know Andre and Kevin played a big-foot type character so I'm going to guess the third person, don't know his name off hand, did as well.

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
            I know Andre and Kevin played a big-foot type character so I'm going to guess the third person, don't know his name off hand, did as well.
            Yep, they all were Bigfoot/Sasquatch in a movie or on TV:
            Kevin Peter Hall - "Harry and the Hendersons"
            Andre the Giant - "The Six Million Dollar Man"
            John C. Reilly - "Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny"

I can't think of any new questions right now.

Comment

I recognize that image >_< Can't recall the name tho.

(5 minutes later)

OK found it ! NAME THAT SHOW! ^_^ It also co-starred a young Courteney Cox
              ; it technically wasn't her TV debut, but it was close, as it was the first show in which she appeared for more than a tiny handful of episodes.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Since no one else has answered, I will...

"Misfits of Science".

Name the first American television series to feature the sound of a flushing toilet.

Comment

Name the first American television series to feature the sound of a flushing toilet.
                  All In the Family.

New one - movie question:

What movie is usually credited as the one that prompted the MPAA to create the PG-13 rating in the US?
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I believe that is Red Dawn

This movie is considered the biggest box office flop ( meaning it cost a lot more to make than it brought in)
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

• Cutthroat Island, I believe is the name.

Working on a new Question.

What actor both guest starred and played a main character on M*A*S*H ?
                      Last edited by Shpepper; 12-25-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Harry Morgan

What was the number of the cell Princess Leia was intwrred in during "A New Hope"
                        Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                        Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                        Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

• Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                          I believe that is Red Dawn
                          Not the one I was thinking of, but maybe I should do some more research...hmmm (right time frame...)

(ETA: OK, Red Dawn was the first movie actually ISSUED with a PG-13 rating...I was looking for one that prompted its creation, and apparently there are two that are prominent so either one will work)
                          Last edited by BeenThereDoneThat; 12-26-2011, 12:23 AM. Reason: More info
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                            Not the one I was thinking of, but maybe I should do some more research...hmmm (right time frame...)

(ETA: OK, Red Dawn was the first movie actually ISSUED with a PG-13 rating...I was looking for one that prompted its creation, and apparently there are two that are prominent so either one will work)
                            I think it was because of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
                            Random conversation:
                            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                              Would not surprise me, I know for certain that Gremlins is the other.

Comment

• Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
                                Quoth Chanlin View Post
                                Would not surprise me, I know for certain that Gremlins is the other.
                                Bingo! Those are the two. I was originally thinking of Indiana Jones.

Comment

Working...
                                X