Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few notes now that we're coming up to scion-vs-scion combat.

Remember the scale of power: (going downward) Greater Titans > Titans/Divinity > Elder Titanspawn/Demigods > Titanspawn/Scions > Unawakened > Mundane Humans (Mundies).

Generally, powers are less effective if used on a higher tier, and more effective on lower tiers. It is possible for those on the next lower tier to defend against powers, but it takes preparation or a very strong will. (Ex: A mundy might be able to overcome any sort of mental influence from a scion with a strong enough will, but not against a demigod's power. Likewise, a scion could overcome a demigod's power, but not a full god's. And so on.)

Also, some more 'freebie' powers to know about.

Those with Divine heritage are more naturally resistant to injury and harm. Even an Unawakened scion is tougher than normal. It's not uncommon for there to be collateral damage when scions fight spawn as bodies are thrown through things like furniture and walls, but it's less likely to cause lacerations and contusions and the like.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Double post to note: the sprinklers are only going off outside the exhibition hall, not inside. Scorpodael, where is Jack?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

• Btw, how does that chart affect somebody who has no 'direct powers'? Ie Somebody like Lupo. All his abilities are passive.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Deleted the post I made 'cause it wasn't actually applicable to the situation. ... Whoops!

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
            Btw, how does that chart affect somebody who has no 'direct powers'? Ie Somebody like Lupo. All his abilities are passive.
            That, sadly, may have to be on a case by case basis. I don't want the game to get bogged down in dice-roll mechanics to determine whose power trumps another.

Lupo WOULD be more susceptible and easily duped by Illusions, although in a fight, he'd be a lot more evenly matched.

Comment

• Okay, unfortunately, it seems as though Kabe (Luke) is bowing out as well. Hence the injury he's sustained. It won't kill him, but it will take him out of the game for the foreseeable future.

If anyone wants to roll up a second character, feel free to do so, and we can introduce them in the next part of the plot, once things wrap up at the Palazzo.

Comment

• Double post. I won't go into full detail on everyone on the rival team's powers, but I thought it best to give some insight as to what the NPCs you're interacting with can do. You already know Johnny and Mattieu from the OP.
                ---------------------
                Selene Hoffman - Daughter of Thoth, the Egyptian god of knowledge. She is a very good hacker, and most of her abilities are tied up in her mental prowess. She's been gifted with something akin to eidetic memory, especially about things she's read, and is capable of concentrating on multiple tasks at once, even to the point of using each hand on two different tasks. She's impossible to sneak up on, and can tease out almost any secret you have hidden.

Solomon Becker - Son of Sobek, the Egyptian god of crocodiles. Ex-military and ex-mercenary, now a "facilitator" for the Divinity. His heritage allows him to be as much at home in the water as outside of it, and as his size implies, he's extremely strong and tough to the point that he can shrug off a lot of incoming attacks (but not to the point of bullets bouncing off of him).

Paul Hays - Son of Pluto, the Roman god of wealth. He is an off-screen ally, bankrolling the team's missions. He passes himself off as a "rich idiot with no day job," which honestly isn't far from the truth. He's smarter and more manipulative than he lets on. Don't expect him to put in an appearance, he's just there to provide funding.

Susana Ishii - Daughter of Susano-o, the Amatsu-kami of storms and the sea. She is a career criminal and carries a Japanese tsurugi (sword) that has a sort of memory-proof perception filter on it when it is sheathed. She's fast and can manipulate probability in her area to incite chaos and hex technology. She also has some storm manipulation talent. She is known to harbor a bitterness and hatred for the Divinity, explaining her siding with the Titans.

Morgan MacBride - Son of the Morrigan, the Celtic goddess of war. He's a rogue terrorist with a nihilistic and anarchistic bent. This easily explains why he would side with the Titans, who seek to cause more chaos and anarchy in the world. Extremely strong and extremely tough; some of his former IRA comrades claim he's "indestructible." He's flat-out terrifying, anyone in his presence tends to feel extreme fear. Seriously, if you see him, you should be running.

Dr. Agatha Riggs - Daughter of Heimdall, the Norse god-guardian of the Bifrost. She's an extremely intelligent multi-Ph.D. holder in biological studies, genetics, and cybernetics, and utterly amoral. Cold-hearted bitch, to say the least. Her abilities explain her intelligence, and she's got powers of perception like you wouldn't believe. Her motives are unclear.

Dr. Paul Boavista - Son of Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec god of vegetation and the winds. A renowned surgeon as well as an ecologist, Dr. Boavista is a man of conviction. It is suspected that his powers are related to vegetation and healing, but it is known that Dr. Boavista is a Fate-watcher. Similarly, his motives are unknown.

Comment

• Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

If anyone wants to roll up a second character, feel free to do so, and we can introduce them in the next part of the plot, once things wrap up at the Palazzo.
                  I could go ahead and bring Haruko in or make another character to fill up a combat slot.

I'd probably rather do the combat slot just so I'm not playing two characters of the same type.

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
                    I could go ahead and bring Haruko in or make another character to fill up a combat slot.

I'd probably rather do the combat slot just so I'm not playing two characters of the same type.
                    Go with the combat slot if you like.

Comment

• I call fire ^_^

...you may want to run away now. Or at the least, invest in some asbestos underwear.

Comment

• Quoth Naamah View Post
                        I call fire ^_^

...you may want to run away now. Or at the least, invest in some asbestos underwear.
                        oh god oh god what have I unleashed D:

Comment

• Name: Fiona Black
                          Heritage: Daughter of Sun Wukong: The Monkey King (Chinese Celestial Bureaucracy – associated with war and chaos)
                          Occupation: Professional gambler, pick pocket, and petty thief.
                          Divine Abilities:

Focus – A wooden staff
                          • Just a Harmless Old Man: Fiona is capable of transforming herself and her staff into any appearance she wishes. Though this does not allow her to change her gender she can appear to be unassuming and harmless or huge and frightening.
                          • Technique of the Unseen Hand: Fiona is capable of manipulating objects of up to 5 pounds without physically touching them. Though her favored method of using this power is to animate her staff, she also has a penchant for flinging small objects.

Divine Attributes:
                          • Strength of the Heavens: Fiona could be on the World's Strongest man competition and probably win.
                          • Elusive Monkey: Fiona is fast and nimble and capable of dancing circles around most foes often to an infuriating degree.

(not sure if this one belongs under Attributes or Abilities)
                          I Know Kung-Fu: Sun Wukong was obsessed with learning mystical and martial arts to prove that he was more than just a mere Monkey. He makes sure his children are just as skilled. Fiona is a master of all martial styles of Kung-Fu though she tends to favor Drunken Boxing and the Way of the Monkey.

Description:
                          Roughly 5' 7'', Short Spiky Black hair dyed red and blue at the tips, blue eyes, several facial piercings, has a tattoo of a black and gold Chinese dragon that starts at her left ankle and winds its way around her torso and back ending at a roaring maw just above her breasts. Has many other smaller tattoos including Chinese characters for strength and unity on the backs of her hands, a rose on her left shoulder, and an oni mask on her right shoulder. Lean and athletic build, appears to be of Chinese American heritage. Usually dressed to show off her tattoos. Has a dark leather jacket that she is fond of.

Fiona loves to cause and get into trouble and enjoys getting into tough situations, including fights, just to see if she can get out of them again. Despite her hedonistic lifestyle she is loyal to a fault and has a sense of moral justice and honor among thieves and what not that would put most of the "fine" and "upstanding" people in the world to shame.

Backstory:
                          Fiona was always a problem child. The result of a one night stand her mother gave her up for adoption at a young age and she bounced around from foster home to foster home her entire life. Eventually she gave up on a normal life an took to the streets eventually finding herself in Las Vegas Nevada.

It was on her twenty-first birthday over a game of cards that she met her father who "lost" her staff to her in a bet and then later explained to her who and what she is. In answer she challenged her father to a fight and was soundly beaten. Later they both laughed the fight off over drinks and she spent the next morning's hang over wondering if she hadn't made up the whole thing. This doubt was later erased when she was tapped for her first divine mission.

Flaws: Fiona is a compulsive gambler, kleptomaniac, and generally can't go more than five minutes without causing some kind of trouble. Her manner is also crass and abrasive to most people. She simply can't understand why more people don't want to "have a good time."

Goal: Fiona doesn't really have a goal other than to survive and have fun doing it.
                          Last edited by Chanlin; 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM. Reason: fixed spelling errors

Comment

• Hmm. I think I'll just stick with Jack. ... Should I clarify what he's talking about with what the Maya used to do, or should I leave that up to the... imagination?

Comment

• Scorpy?

<3

That is all.

Comment

• Fiona passes muster. I notice you put her as being based in Vegas. If you want her to get involved in things, I do have some ideas we can work in for her to get involved now rather than later.

Naams, feel free to roll up your character. We can always go with a six-scion band, like we originally had.

Comment

Working...
                                X