Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon's search turns up nothing, but then the last two Rifts have behaved out of character..so who knows what might or might not be possible.

Back where Luigi is. The cards reveal nothing this night, but he gets the feeling he is not alone. A voice, slightly oriental, emerges from a corner that not two seconds ago was empty. "Forgive one for any intrusion, but I have come to set right a grievous wrong."

A male about 5'6", dressed in what almost resembles a ninja outfit except for a mask can now be seen. The mask is a partial one, gold, of a Bengal tiger. It does not cover the mouth or chin, but the rest of the face is entirely hidden.

"It has come to our attention that one of our agents has .. over stepped his bounds." The figure bows, hands out, in a gesture of supplication. "Please forgive, he has been dealt with and will no longer be bothering you or your loved ones. You are free to depart as you wish, and no ill shall befall you or your loved ones from us. My master never would want somebody who joined under duress, and apologizes profusely for any inconvenience. He asks how this can be made right."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Luigi becomes recognizes the stranger, collects his cards, and puts them back in his pocket.

He is, at first, alarmed by this intrusion, but calms himself. Learning that Kathleen and her partner are no longer under threat is a great weight off his mind, and he lets himself relax.

"I would like to stay. These Rifts are too dangerous. I can't just leave now, now that I know a little more about them. As to how to make this right, I will need a little time to think this over. Would it be possible for me to meet your Master and discuss it?"
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

The figure nods. "However, my master is unable to travel, you would have to go to him. That is why he sent me in his stead."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Simon shakes his head to Chris. "I'm not finding any information describing a Rift doing what you're asking." The man with the eye-patch shrugs. "The problem is the lack of a constant," he says, gesturing at the various notes and formulae and equations covering the several whiteboards around the room, and the map with the strings, and the post-it notes and other signs of a high-functioning scientist who lives for his work.

"Every time I think I've found some aspect of the Rifts that remains constant enough for me to base a theory around, a Rift pops up that turns that constant into another variable." He points at the map, and the black string connecting the last two Rifts. "Those two completely threw off every theory I've come up with. I'm gonna have to start from scratch."

Simon sighs, then taps his tablet. "Something interesting, though." He shows Chris two CGI graphic versions of the Nevada and Alaska Shards. "See the way these two seem to fit together?"
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Chris nods, "Heh, but it's supposed to be three chipped gems to make a flawed one." He chuckles slightly, "I guess there is a first time for everything." He looks at the board with the pins in it again. Doing an old man voice, a passable Deckard Cain impression, he drawls, "The Burning Hells believe that the true state if all things is absolute chaos. That is why we can not allow Diablo to have his way." He chuckles again. Simon would note that he still has the pocket watch out and is still rubbing the engraving with this thumb, though this appears to be an unconscious act.

Comment

Well, as almost expected the Rift alarm goes off again..should have gotten some rest when you had the chance. It indicates not one, but two have appeared. One in the ocean off the coast of California, and another in Canada. The topographical map shows that these two makes a perfect X...

All three of your characters suddenly have a horrible headache for a split second, and an intense feeling of WRONGNESS.

If you are going to the new Rifts, need to know who is going where.

Comment

Luigi nearly collapses from the headache, but he stabilizes himself.

"We'll discuss this later, all right? Earth and air, here we go. Would you happen, by chance, to know where the other two are? I should be with them."

Comment

The figure nods. "Follow." he takes Luigi to the other two.

Comment

Simon clutches his temple in pain as the headache hits him and he frowns as he feels that sense of Wrongness.

He grabs a phone and calls the Company control center. "Rift alarm," he says, "where is it?"

"Not 'it,'" the person on the other end says, "'they.' Two of them."

Simon pales slightly as he hears that. "Two?" He swears under his breath. "Is it too much to ask for a single constant about these damnable Rifts?" He grabs his tablet. "Give me the lat and long for them."

Once this information is passed along, he plots the information on his tablet, then stares a bit. "Right. I'll be set to head out soon. Give me a minute.." He hangs up the phone and, aware of Chris' presence, he goes over to the map. Two more pins are taken out and put in the locations. California. Canada. And then, suspecting the connection, he takes another length of black string and connects the two new Rifts to make the 'X' shape.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Chris swears audibly when the headache hits and then glances back at the map. "I get a feeling this one is gonna be bad." He says. When Simon places two pins, "Dammit Luigi ya just had to go and open yer mouth." He sighs, "I hate to jynx things, especially since we have more pressing matters, but what's gonna show up here?" He points at the spot where the two threads cross.

Comment

"I was wondering the very same thing," Simon says. He puts this location in his tablet and picks up the phone to call Company control again. "This is Kisvalter. I've just uploaded something into the central databanks. While I and the others deal with the new Rifts, you need to get someone out to the location I just uploaded and be ready. I have reason to believe that we're going to get another Rift in that location soon, and I suspect it will be a bad one..."

Comment

The Central Command gives you the bad news. "Besides shardless agents, and the agents who have specific jobs ((Ie utility agents)) there is only Shadow Tiger.."

About that time..

Luigi and the Oriental with the golden tiger mask arrives. "My apologies for interrupting. I was asked to guide this person to you."

Comment

Chris looks at Simon and Luigi, "So split up or stick together?"

Comment

"We should stay together," Luigi replied. "Thank you, sir."

Comment

"So where to first then?" Chris asks making ready to open a wormhole. "Someone have one of those rift sealing thingys?"

Comment

Working...
                                X