Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Tesla has no lasting effects beside minor short term memory loss. Its ampage is actually a 1/3 of the power of a tazer...." As artie starts rambling on about specs of it Josiah hears a buzzing sound faintly from his pocket...his cell phone ringing.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah took up the phone, and not recognizing the number, answered in his twang.
      "Josiah Webley. May I ask who's calling please?"

Comment

• A nervous sounding young man is on the other end, "uh...yes...I think I have the right number....you were interested in maybe joining...uh our group? Theres a little game store down near the port, I'll uh meet you there in say...20 minutes? Where are you coming from?"

After hearing the hotel's name he gives Josiah pretty idiot proof directions .
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Josiah gets the young fellow's name, then promises to meet up in 25 minutes. Hanging up, Josiah waved off Artie's ramblings. "It was a hostage situation; my friend was the hostage. The f***tard rook-cop tased the gunman, and the seizures caused him to pull the trigger... FIVE times. No. Tesla. Period.
          Oh yeah, I'm in, by the way. You two have my number."
          With that, Josiah was gone.
          Twenty minutes later, the taxi pulled up in front of the game store. Josiah paid and went inside. He found the young man and shook his hand. "Chayz... cold 'nuf fer y'all?"

Comment

• the kid that greets him at the store look barely older then his mid 20s. he offers a weak smile at the mention of the cold. "So what brings you to this part of the world? Most people only come here in the summer time less you live here full time."

He leads him through the shop to a door along the back wall, semi hidden behind comics, and a few toys. The sign on the door says employees only.

Comment

• "Well, be honest, I threw a dart at a map of the US. Was lookin' fer a fresh start, y'know? Been in Tennessee fer s' long, I thought, why not?"
              Josiah hoped against all hope his bomber jacket was covering his pistol and shoulder harness.

Comment

• "Well We're a small group.." He opens the room into a small but tidy store room which contains overstock a of few things from the store, a long wide table with books, dice, drink, papers, a battle mat and a few comfy looking chairs.

"Guys this is Josiah, I told you about him...Josiah....we've got Sam, Rick, Remy...hes our evil overlord...I mean DM, Steve, amd of course myself (Jason for the record).

He points to each person as he names them, Sam actually being a dorky but not unattractive female.

Comment

• Josiah nods, takes the last empty seat.
                  "So, ah, since my stuff won't get here 'til later this week, got any NPCs in the party I could take over for now? And... any dice I could borrow?"
                  Geez, I've stepped deep in it this time, Josiah thought.

Comment

• Sam's head pops up form behind a manga she was reading before the game. smiling softly. then popping back down behind the book. it wasn't that she was antisocial it was that she was shy and weird...and didn't play to well with others so she tended to keep to herself except during the games.

Comment

• Meanwhile Ted had followed as discretely as possible, waiting outside. He gets a notice about keeping an eye on him, but has no clue how to get any closer without rousing suspicions.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• sam

Sam looked up form behind her Manga then letting her head pop back down hiding before the game started she didn't exactly like new people. It wasn't exactly that she was antisocial it was more that she just was weird and people didn't get alone with her to well. she like this group and never missed a chance to hang with them. but with this new comer it was different. she watched him from the side of her book slowly....

Comment

• The game flows along nicely, Josiah actually enjoying himself. The DM seems a bit...excentric, and seems a bit on the odd side (even for DM's), and a brief glance during a break while pizza was ordered, Josiah notices the dice the DM is using..."normal" looking dice.

Comment

• Josiah tries to get to know Sam and the rest, but he feels... something... isn't right.

Comment

• Ted gets a bit antsy outside, and goes to browse the selection inside. Looking for mostly mint editions and such.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Josiah drank mostly water during the game, having been involved with a group back in Johnson City, TN, that believed in BYOF&D, and not sharing. He spotted Ted once, but made no contact, having watched and read enough spy-thrillers to know the basics of what to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X