This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Pleasures

I still cannot recall exactly how the conversation started at work, but the topic evolved into simple pleasures. Basically, it's just sharing some simple things you really enjoy, shared or private, that you don't need a lot of preparation or money for - something that perhaps the world in general might ignore or take for granted otherwise. It can also be a memory of such things or activities.

I'll go first:

A hamburger and chocolate shake from one of those little mom 'n pop roadside ice cream stands.

Friday night at a rural drive-in.

That smell just before a thunderstorm.

A honeybun 3-Pack from Kroger's for $1. Mmm.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Laid listening to your partners heartbeat

Watching a thunderstorm

Talking with a friend who truly understands you
      As soon as I start thinking
      That I'm sensible and sane
      The Random Hedgehog comes along
      And fiddles with my Brain
      (from card I got)

Comment

Snuggling with my kiddo
        the smell of rain
        My dog acting a fool, wanting me to play chase

Comment

Riding my bicycle.
          Reading a book in bed.
          Driving.
          Enjoying a good drink, be it beer, wine, or rum. And if you'll excuse me, that's my cue to poor myself a good glass of rum.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Sitting outside when the weather is nice
            Having a hot cup of tea in the morning
            Singing at the top of your lungs and not caring who's watching
            That post-workout "I'm exhausted, but in a good way" feeling
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Listening to a steady rain when I'm inside. Not a hard rain, not a drizzle, but a steady, even rainfall that makes such a wonderful sound.

Looking for the rainbow when the sun comes out after/during a rain.

My kitty purring when I pet her.

Watching cute videos on YouTube.

Smelling flowers.

Reading an old book, with soft pages and notes from the previous owner.

Comment

Cuddling with my kitties (when I had been planning to read a book) in bed, only to have one of them crawl up onto my arm and settle in for a nap

Just sitting outside in a comfy chair and feeling the breeze

Pwning n00bs....er I mean, de-stressing with a video game (hey, it's how I relax!)

Watching a football game with friends when none of us really care who wins
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A hot shower on a cold day and drying off with a towel fresh from the dryer.

Listening to music

Getting a card from a friend
                  Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Family time (obviously), and for some strange reason, putting on a fresh, brand new pair of socks right out of the package. Those are just two off the top of my head.
                    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

fresh clean sheets in a clean house after shaving of legs and a nice hot shower.

Rain showers.

running through the grass barefooted.
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                        fresh clean sheets in a clean house after shaving of legs and a nice hot shower.
                        Was gonna be one of mine too (minus the leg shaving part ) so I'll add that it's especially nice after a trip or vacation.

(And Sarlon - go to your TV help thread and let us know if anyone got it right!)

Speaking of trips - the, er, restroom break after a long leg of driving.

That first tomato sandwich of the summer.

Waking up for work and getting started putting on your game face and then realizing you're off.

And thanks everyone ---I'm going to revisit several of these that I haven't "had time for" lately, and appreciate a little more the ones I have. Many are too good to let slip by.

Comment

I cant believe i forgot this one...going to the bookstore and realising a favorite author has a book out...and you didnt know. And you have the money to pay for it.

Comment

The other side of the pillow.
                            A piece of really good chocolate.
                            Kitty snuggles, any time really.
                            Cuddling with my partner.
                            Freshly brewed coffee.
                            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

A nice hot bath
                              Being held when I'm sad by my partner or at any other time really
                              A nice lazy day when you don't have to be anywhere or do anything
                              Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
                              X