Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is either the best thing ever....or the worst prank.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Seraph View Post
    Not that I've seen, but that's a good point. I guess I'll look into it, and see what I can do.
    And I'm sure if it does show up, all sorts of DMCAs can be filed.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

• That sucks so hard. Sorry you got dumped on by life, Seraph.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

• Were you under a W2 or a 1099? Employees and payroll are at the top of the list in a bankruptcy liquidation. Find out where the bankruptcy has been files and make sure you are on the list.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Quoth Seraph View Post
          Welp, DOL says I'm out of luck. All the numbers have been disconnected, and they CLEANED OUT THE OFFICE.
          I want so say I am shocked by this. I WANT to....but then again, I also want to say I am dating Keira Knightley and that I just on the lottery, but those would be blatant lies as well. So I won't say any of it.

And I guess all of this makes the following blatantly obvious lies as well....

Quoth Seraph View Post
          He...said that Thursday, the funds on hold from another client are supposed to be released, and then they can pay me, and everyone else.
          Quoth Seraph View Post
          I just found out that the company closed down over the weekend. The owners are still saying they will get everyone paid, but...
          Yeah, the check's in the mail. Fuckers.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

• Well, that's craptastic.

I'm so sorry, Seraph. That's a really shitty thing to go through.
            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

• If you were 1099 and use cash basis for your accounting model... small claims is the only recourse based on what I've read in the past. Even then it's kinda sketchy as to what you can claim for services based work. I cannot fathom why being accrual based gives a service based business more rights, but that's the way it's worded according to the guidelines I've read in the past. Keeping in mind I've not really boned up on this since 2004 or so when I first formed an LLC.
              But the paint on me is beginning to dry
              And it's not what I wanted to be
              The weight on me
              Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

• If the office has been cleared out that quickly, then that does sound like it was planned in advance. Certainly by the time they told you that funds were *nearly* available to pay you.

So I'm definitely suspicious of fraud here. I don't know what the best thing to do here is, but that's the line you should be taking now.

Comment

• Bastards. That's awful.

~passes over more booze~
                  Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

• Well, crap. I just discovered what happened to that business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPq2cF4l9qc

Comment

• BRRRUUUUUCCCEEE!!!
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Tiny bit of good news this morning. I got an email from my former boss at the company, releasing me from my NDA, and saying he'll call me later on today. I doubt I'll get the call, but the NDA release is mainly the big thing I wanted.
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• Quoth Seraph View Post
                          Tiny bit of good news this morning. I got an email from my former boss at the company, releasing me from my NDA, and saying he'll call me later on today. I doubt I'll get the call, but the NDA release is mainly the big thing I wanted.
                          Considering all the other stuff that has happened, I'd treat that release with all the respect as the paper it's printed on....

Seriously, though, get that release in writing, or at least an acknowledged recording of him saying it. Even if they don't make a stink, you'll have proof if future clients get nervous about it...

Yes, I do trust people... when their self-interest and mine are in sync. I just don't see that happen that often...
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

• Yeah I hear you. Mainly the NDA release allows me to use what work I did do for them on my portfolio, which will be good. I can't re-use it, but I don't see the ability to anyways. I just wanted to add them to my portfolio, since they look pretty darn good.
                            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• Oh Seraph... I just came back and saw this, I'm so sorry. Damn....
                              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

• Late arrival to this.. mess.

I have no words beyond this really stinks, sucks, blows, bites, barfs, and any other expletive I can think of all at the same time.

Best of luck to you.
                                Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                                X