This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Just heard something that makes me think they're actually pulling a huge joke. Apparently Kim K. was on the Tonight Show a while ago and Leno made a crack about naming the baby North. So now I wonder if they really did.
    I don't know...apparently, TMZ has a picture of the birth certificate from Cedar Sinai hospital, and it does list the baby's name as North.

I'm not saying TMZ is a reliable source, mind you, but the cert looked real to me.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Came across a great name recently. A man who died in 1913, by the name of Townsend Cornwall Cock. Imagine going through school with that name.
      Probably not so bad back then. Although the multiple meanings were still there, the foremost would have been the chicken reference when so much of the world was still agrarian.

BOT: Is the child's middle name Bynorth?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        Nope. Björkth, after one of their faves.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

When they heard the baby was born, but before they announced the name, my local radio station suggested "Katastrophe."

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Came across a great name recently. A man who died in 1913, by the name of Townsend Cornwall Cock. Imagine going through school with that name.
          Town Cock? Yikes!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            About as tough as Harry Baals.

Comment

I went to high school with a guy named Mike Hunt. Yes, he was sick of the jokes.

This was my second high school, of three, where I also apparently went to school with Jay Mohr. I say "apparently" because I have no personal memories of him myself, but Lil Sis says she hung out with him a bit.

For those of you not familiar with him, he is probably best known as the guy who played Bob Sugar in "Jerry Maguire." Which makes me probably the only non-Hollywood person who went to school with and worked with people in that film. (A couple of managers at a restaurant I worked at at the time were extras in the film, one very prominently.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                Naming your child a joke usually turns out badly.
                I knew a Crystal Ball (no kidding that was her actual name). Upon introducing herself she always adds: My parents have an odd sense of humor.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  I'm not a "fan" nor a follower of the Kardashians, but I just picked up this little tidbit...

Kim Kardashian has named her baby North...and given it Kanye West's last name...

So the baby is named North West...

No joke.
                  Will somebody PLEASE stop the planet and make those two get off? The collective-average IQ of the entire human race drops another point every day they're still drawing breath.

Comment

There's a character in the book "Lone Wolf" named Helen Bedd.

She works as a lawyer

I also ended up watching Horrible Histories the other day (I'm practically OBSESSED with that series) and there was a sketch based on the Victorian era. Apparently some of the names given back then would rival the names used today. Examples: Raspberry Lemonade, Princess Cheese, Minty Badger, Toilet, Never, Register, Evil, Baboon....and Fartingclack (last name, not first)

Here's the video
                    Now with bonus cross-dressing!

I don't think that was Kim's aim though! >.< (who the fuck names their kid NORTH?! Although admittedly the kid has a seemingly "normal" nickname of Nori)
                    Last edited by fireheart; 06-24-2013, 07:57 AM.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      One of my friends joked that the baby can grow up and have one of those designer perfumes and call it "North" and the ad campaign can be "North, by North West."
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        One of my friends joked that the baby can grow up and have one of those designer perfumes and call it "North" and the ad campaign can be "North, by North West."
                        Y'all are starting to think like me, and that's a very, VERY bad thing. They LOCK UP people who think like me.....

As f*cked up as I am, I'd never, EVER give a child a 'joke' name like that.

I wonder if the kid will grow up to be as big an asshole as his dad.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          I knew a Crystal Ball (no kidding that was her actual name). Upon introducing herself she always adds: My parents have an odd sense of humor.
                          When I lived about 50 miles away from where I do now, there was a girl that worked at the "carhop" restaurant whose name was "Sparkle".

No joke.
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

I'm just waiting for Kim to turn it into a brand name, with all of it's respective copyrights.
                            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Irv: your sig, considering this thread is making me giggle.

Cos when it comes to unusual baby names Frank just might win the contest. Dweezil, Moon Unit, and Diva? I'm not including Ahmet cos that was in use as a name already, so if anything that's the most "normal" name of the whole bunch. Heh.

Although that being said "North West"... I can only imagine what kind of teasing he might get in school. Just because parents think a name is cool does not always mean it will be treated as such.

Comment

According to People magazine, the baby's first name will start with K, per an interview they had with Kim prior to the birth, but the article was printed after the birth and after the name was revealed as being North.
                                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                                X