Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GraveKeeper... I am so sorry. (Also, HELP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...What is this cheesecake of which you speak?
    "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Chocolate cheesecake. With bits of white chicolate. Also with some caramel mares inside. All on a chocolate crust.

Very tasty.

I also made sure to do my Hawaiian shirt look for work today to being cheer lol. Already posted pics on Facebook :P

I love Hawaiian shirts!

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
        I love Hawaiian shirts!
        Me TOO. And crazy ties. You can't be glum with a good Hawaiian shirt and/or crazy tie around.
        "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          Nunavut has a population just shy of 32,000.

Apparently according to Wikipedia though, they have a higher than average birth rate...
          It's entirely possible that natural selection is pickin' 'em off like crazy, and they just breed like crazy to ensure the bloodlines survive.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Hmm. Maybe I should actually take a trip out east sometime.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              When are you going to be visiting this fair isle?

September 15th to September 24th.

I will definitely be getting into St Johns, for one thing because that's where I'm flying into but also because my family will drive me nuts after a few hours You'll have to give me some more pointers, because I have no idea what's good there, the only places I've been in Canada are Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto plus some of the wee towns on the way through....

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                No kidding, my whole family originates from a village in Donegal where everyone has the same surname. It's a running joke that marrying your cousin isn't a bad idea because at least you know they're JUST your cousin....
                I think this happened in my family in the 17th or 18th century. My mom's ancestors came over here from England in the 1600s and spread out over the southeastern portion. There was a settlement somewhere with a very small population, most of which shared the same surname. My mom said, "It's a little isolated town. Who else are you going to marry, but your cousins?"
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  I think this happened in my family in the 17th or 18th century. My mom's ancestors came over here from England in the 1600s and spread out over the southeastern portion. There was a settlement somewhere with a very small population, most of which shared the same surname. My mom said, "It's a little isolated town. Who else are you going to marry, but your cousins?"

Yup. Plus, my family had the added issue of being a bunch of Catholic Fenians in an area that was overwhelmingly Protestant. How else were they going to find a good God-fearing Catholic to marry their children and produce good God-fearing Catholic spawn

(Plus the fact the Protestants would not have touched them with a twenty-foot barge pole.)

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
                    Me TOO. And crazy ties. You can't be glum with a good Hawaiian shirt and/or crazy tie around.
                    Not surprisingly, I have plenty of both...

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

oh Sweet! I live in St. John's too. I've been here my whole life

Customers Suck meet-up in Newfieland! lol

We have a stupidly high amount of bars. Like, some buildings on George street have a different bar on each floor. September will be a very large amount of drunk university students... seeings how we have the largest university in Atlantic Canada.

Comment

Drunk university girls? Sign me up

Comment

Man. No CS people on the west coast :P. well I guess I'm going to van soon lol

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                            And yes, we really should do a CS meet-up so that I know I'm not one of the very few out here!

I'm down.

Save me, CS! Save me from my family and Nunavut!

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Not surprisingly, I have plenty of both...

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me Fancy a Newfoundland adventure?

Comment

We can Screech you in! hehe

Comment

My maternal side of the family is from Newfoundland/Nova Scotia - just so you are forewarned, everything you've heard about Newfies is true.

Have a great time.
                                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                                X