Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How on Earth is there not a Pacific Rim thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    And I really, really want some sort of Jaeger Crew t-shirt or tank. I think it would be very motivating when exercising.
    Look up Pacific Rim or Jaeger on Redbubble. There's a bunch.
    Personal favorites:

I've seen a bunch of others out there as well. Shouldn't be hard to find a good one.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
      I don't even like kaiju or mecha stuff, and I loved the hell out of this movie. I was tempted to stand up during the credits and yell, "In your FACE, Michael Bay!" THIS is how you do a giant battle robot movie!!

And hey, how fantastic was Ron Perlman?

And the soundtrack!!! SO DAMN GOOD.
      I do like mecha stuff . . . this movie was a great nod.

Michael Bay has NO fucking idea how to make a giant robot movie. I am so sick of lens flare and shaky cam.

Del Toro got it right; great cinematography that recognizes just how AWESOMELY COOL big mecha and monsters are, and makes sure the viewer gets a damn good look every time.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        Look up Pacific Rim or Jaeger on Redbubble. There's a bunch.
        Personal favorites:

I've seen a bunch of others out there as well. Shouldn't be hard to find a good one.
        Those are ok, but I LOVE the one Amy_Geek posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/amy_geek/status/...444544/photo/1 Something along those lines.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Finally saw it! I was convinced it was going to be amazing, and for once I was right. It was a perfect storm of a great director, great actors, great visuals and a really interesting concept that was well-written. Right after we walked out of the theater, my husband said, "Let's go buy tickets and see it again RIGHT NOW." I wanted to as well but sadly we couldn't!

I noticed nods to Mazinger and War of the Gargantuas among others.

I was rather sad about the Russians. They looked like an 80's pop band.

I feel like I should have another child now just in case someday the world really does need Jaeger pilots.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I swear it was better the second time. I saw things I didn't notice the first time around. Must see it again
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Just got back from seeing it.

Slight disappointment in that there was a plot. Hey, massive robots and massive monsters, a smidgeon of plot is all you need to get them mashing together.

Loved it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I saw this in IMAX and it was amazing! It was just amazing! I was shocked that people left before the mid-credits extra. That was so epic! I do not have words!

My brother promised that we would see it again when he picked me up for my dentist appointment next week, but my appointment got moved. HOPEFULLY, they movie will STILL be in theatres by the time he visits next. Even if it's not in IMAX again, I just REALLY need to see this film again.

Also, my brother has the most EPIC headcannon about how he and I are Jaeger pilots. It's both adorable and awesome!
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Slight disappointment in that there was a plot. Hey, massive robots and massive monsters, a smidgeon of plot is all you need to get them mashing together.

Loved it.

Rapscallion

That's what BF said. "Too much plot. Everyone rags on Michael Bay for not putting plot in, but he sure does have a lot of action."

Comment

I saw it for a second time last night. Loved it every bit as much, maybe more; I spent hours looking through official and fan art, and it's even better when you can recognize the different kaiju. Also, there is some AMAZING fan art. This is my fav so far: http://joitheartist.deviantart.com/a...rift-387012739
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

Comment

Yes bulletin to Michael Bay: This is how you make a fucking giant mecha combat movie!

I would have also liked to see more from the other Jaegars, plus maybe some close-fire support from helicopters and such.

***Mild Spoiler***

Did anyone catch this little gem at the Arctic wall? Big poster announcing building of the Arctic all, but right at the end where the completion date is, it's scratched out and covered over with grafitti reading "NEVER".

I LOLed at that little gem.
                      Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post

Yes bulletin to Michael Bay: This is how you make a fucking giant mecha combat movie!

I would have also liked to see more from the other Jaegars, plus maybe some close-fire support from helicopters and such.

***Mild Spoiler***

Did anyone catch this little gem at the Arctic wall? Big poster announcing building of the Arctic all, but right at the end where the completion date is, it's scratched out and covered over with grafitti reading "NEVER".

I LOLed at that little gem.
                        Del Toro is brilliant with those kinds of details. So awesome.

Also, I hear that the DVD will have up to an hour of extra footage, some of it with the other Jaeger crews. I want more of the Kaidonovskys!

Comment

I saw this movie last week, and am going again!
                          And I need to get out more, I want me some action figures!

Comment

I LOVED everything about the movie...and the mid credits scene was to perfect!!!

"Where's my God DAMN SHOE?!"
                            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

^Yeah, I laughed at that too, the guy looked like he was covered in Kaiju snot! I can't find the action figures around here, I'll have to order online when I can afford it (Got some expensive projects going right now), and I'm wondering if I should hold out for Sideshow Collectibles's huge Gipsy Danger statue.

I bought the hardcover Pacific Rim art book last night, and will look through it at work tonight. Anyone else feeling the urge to cosplay a Jaeger?

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                                I bought the hardcover Pacific Rim art book last night, and will look through it at work tonight. Anyone else feeling the urge to cosplay a Jaeger?
                                I've got a couple of friends (and they're a couple, so it's even better) that would look absolutely perfect as rookie Jaeger pilots if they made the drift suits. I ned to convince them to do it.
                                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                                X