This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Theft Auto V

Well, I looked, but didn't find anything about this game here.

So is anyone else looking forward to it, besides me?

If I didn't have to be at work at 6 tomorrow, I'd go out at midnight to get it. I'll just pick it up at wallyworld on my way in.

So have at it fellow CSers.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

I heard the 360 version got leaked over the weekend, but being that I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition, I figured I can wait to pick up my game and all my phat lewt till midnight tonight.

I get off work at 10:30, I'll be home by about 11:05. Take the dog out, wash up my dishes from dinner, and then nip out to git mah GTA V at the GameStop.

Then I'll log a couple hours in GTA V before going to bed.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

When I move home, I will definitely be buying it. Don't have my 360 down here in Texas.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        When I move home, I will definitely be buying it. Don't have my 360 down here in Texas.
        It might not be a problem when you finally get it, but don't install the "Play" disc on your X-Box 360.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678965
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Hmm, there's an "install" disc of 8GB?

Good to know. I'll have to clear a few gigs off my HDD, then. Maybe take down some DLCs from other games etc.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

For sure something to note for 360 players of the game. I have a ps3 and a stupid big hard drive, so no issues.

Comment

Yeah, I have an older model 360 (the pre-Slim model) with an older HDD that I kept when my first 360 RRoD'd. I figure I can afford to delete a few saves off the HDD to make room for my HD San Andreas.

Comment

I don't think my 360 even has that much space.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

As I was driving home tonight from work, I drove past a strip mall and couldn't figure out why all these cars were in the lot until I saw the Gamestop. Sadly, I don't anything that would play it or the money to buy it but I would if I could. Especially after the kind of night I had. Though I do have one for my PS2...
                  I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Just opened up my copy. Looking at the map and I see Grove Street.

I think I know where I'll be going as soon as I'm able to.

Comment

There have been a number of jokes down here about the midnight launch...most of which have involved people taking sick days or that they'll close themselves off from the outside world for a few weeks.

I foresee a very small class tomorrow at uni

(Jokes aside, my boyfriend was one of many who took a day off to play Skyrim, but also wanted to take the day off for the Christmas party that same night)
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Well, I'm at work right now, and I did log a couple hours in Los Santos last night.

All I've really done, though, is finish the prologue and Franklin's first two missions. I also spent some time at the gun club leveling up Franklin's gun skills, and doing that tow-truck favor for Tonya.

Already I can see why a lot of people are going to be basically GONE for the next month or so. Game looks like it could take MONTHS just to see everything there is to see.

Comment

Not too happy with the prolouge mission. I'm just not a fan of the "new" controls. I really liked the classic GTA controls. I also hope that the targeting system gets better. So far, I'm not impressed. I failed the prologue mission twice tonight.

Comment

I had no problem with the prologue.

The driving controls are still finicky, though, and it's annoying as hell when you're trying to win a street race. The first street race in the game-- unlocked after completing "Father/Son," look for the green ? and meet Hao to get challenged to the race.

I grabbed a muscle car down the street from the initial meet-up, and I must've tried that race a dozen times, and every time I started to get in the lead, my car would spin out on a simple turn (even when I'd stopped accelerating into them), or I'd clip a car (parked/racing/traffic, didn't matter) or a pole or tree, and end up at the back of the race.

I finally gave up and skipped the mission when I'd pulled well ahead of all the other cars, I come into the final 90-degree turn of the race, and suddenly get PLOWED as I'm turning, spinning me around, and then all five of the other racers speed past me.

I may go back and retry that side mission with a better car.

Comment

As sorry as I feel for this guy, I can't help but feel a certain sense of irony... x_x

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/man-sta...elease-5586479
                              Violets are blue,
                              Roses are red,
                              I bequeath to thee...
                              A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X